If you’re still swimming in leftovers, here’s a little help.

We are NOT swimming in leftovers, as we basically ate our way through an entire Thanksgiving meal again yesterday. Hmmmpf.

That was lovely. Sort of.

I love BLT salmon tacos for a light, easy meal… and now these turkey tacos are not far behind. Don’t underestimate the power of the bacon, people. A few crumbles go a long way in adding flavor and crunch without adding tons of calories. Don’t resist.

BLT Turkey Tacos with Cranberry Salsa

Ingredients:

leftover turkey
tortillas of choice
cranberry salsa or relish (I left mine chunky this time per a few suggestions, I think I prefer it totally pureed)
chopped tomatoes
bacon crumbles
shredded lettuce
chopped avocado

Directions:

Layer all ingredients in a tortilla and eat!

And if you’re feeling a little freaky you should probably just add some stuffing in there. Because is there ANYthing better than stuffing? I think not.

38 Responses to “BLT Turkey Tacos with Cranberry Salsa.”

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga — November 26, 2011 @ 8:27 am

You just reminded me that I really want to make that cranberry salsa. I have a big bag of fresh cranberries that I have to use up and don’t feel like boiling them. A little pureed action will work for me. I fear it will be so sour though…b/c raw cranberries are….sour. But I trust you!

Vicky @ Recipe Adaptors — November 26, 2011 @ 8:37 am

That taco looks sooo good. Shame I don’t have any turkey leftovers. I’ll just have to imagine that I am eating yours.

Chomp. Chomp. Chomp.

Done. (I’m a fast eater)

Katrina — November 26, 2011 @ 8:38 am

Look at this beauty!

Rodzilla — November 26, 2011 @ 8:40 am

These reminded me of the Gobblerito at Mad Mex, they should make these a seasonal item as well.

Cait's Plate — November 26, 2011 @ 9:20 am

There is absolutely NOTHING better than stuffing. I definitely would’ve just thrown it right in there along with everything else :)

Yammie @ Yammie's Noshery — November 26, 2011 @ 9:21 am

YUM

Katie @ Peace Love and Oats — November 26, 2011 @ 9:39 am

That’s a good idea for turkey – tacos!

Chrissy — November 26, 2011 @ 10:01 am

That looks fabulous… I want to make those tonight… I wonder if my mom would eat them. I’m really in the mood for something light! LOL

Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn — November 26, 2011 @ 10:07 am

I’m pretty sure anything in a taco is literal magic. Thankgiving in a taco. Holy shyt.

Jennifer@Peanut Butter and Peppers — November 26, 2011 @ 10:09 am

Yum! I am loving Thanksgiving leftovers. I just don’t get why we only do this one time of year?

kathleen @ the daily crumb — November 26, 2011 @ 10:22 am

such a great idea! anything in taco form is good in my book :)

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen — November 26, 2011 @ 10:39 am

I made a turkey wrap for dinner last night with leftovers and had I not used all the stuffing in mini frittata bites earlier, it would’ve totally gone in too!

Anna @ Food Fitness Frolicking — November 26, 2011 @ 10:46 am

Bingo! This is exactly the recipe I needed to use up all the cranberry relish, turkey, stuffing, etc. Can you say lunchtime today? Thanks!!

Samantha — November 26, 2011 @ 11:04 am

I was just thinking about turkey tacos last night– you must be a mind reader! Also, turkey enchiladas would be great along with turkey salad insteade of chicken salad

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat — November 26, 2011 @ 11:10 am

I don’t think I’ve ever had BLT salmon tacos, let alone turey ones. Time to put an end to all that!

Lisa @ Dishes of Mrs. Fish — November 26, 2011 @ 12:31 pm

Great idea! We turned our turkey left overs into turkey cranchiladas last night and loved them. :)

Kelly — November 26, 2011 @ 12:57 pm

Yum. I’m not a fan of turkey straight from the bird but I always enjoy a creative repurposing of leftovers. I’m going home with a pair of turkey legs so I am thinking about making some turkey pot pies with a cider gravy, pancetta and butternut squash.

Katie — November 26, 2011 @ 12:58 pm

Definitely nothing better. Stuffing is the best. And I kind of wish I didn’t throw all my leftovers in a soup pot yesterday – this looks so good. Who would have thought…tacos?! Well, you. You thought of tacos and I love you for it.

Tina @ My Life as a Mrs — November 26, 2011 @ 1:01 pm

i. love. you. and I really want to make one of these!!! :) Hope you had a fabulous Turkey Day with your family!

Lindsay @ Lindsay's List — November 26, 2011 @ 1:09 pm

Stuffing is what I dream about all year long…only, we don’t call it stuffing..it’s dressing. Amazing cold, hot, with gravy, without. Luckily, it’s a Christmas dinner staple too!

Heather (Heather's Dish) — November 26, 2011 @ 1:13 pm

this is such a great idea…i kind of want to go out and get some turkey to make these tonight!

Lauren from Lauren's Latest — November 26, 2011 @ 1:49 pm

Great great great idea!!!

J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) — November 26, 2011 @ 2:30 pm

That sounds delicious! I want tacos like every day lately. Never would have thought of a flavor combo like this. YUM!

Nicola @ unhip squirrel — November 26, 2011 @ 4:39 pm

mmm… out comes that cranberry salsa again! Sounds magical in turkey tacos. :)

Joelle (on a pink typewriter) — November 26, 2011 @ 5:10 pm

I definitely ate my second thanksgiving of the year yesterday at lunch.. Followed obviously by an enormous pasta dinner because Italian families (or at least mine) have no ‘full’ barometer. ;)

Laura @ GotChocolate — November 27, 2011 @ 12:52 pm

Yes, bacon DOES go a LONG way! I could never be a vegetarian because of bacon! And I would never have thought to add it to turkey, so I’ll have to try this! Great combo! :D

Maia — November 27, 2011 @ 1:50 pm

Being a big-time taco fan and an equally intense Thanksgiving food-fan… how could this combo be bad? Thanksgiving flavors go better together anyway, so why not throw them all into the same blank-slate-tortilla and call it a day? Genius.

Amy @ Chef Basket — November 27, 2011 @ 4:48 pm

This sounds like something simple to make from turkey leftovers and probably will be by me at some point tonight. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

betty — November 27, 2011 @ 8:11 pm

I always enjoy you easy recipes!

Marty — November 28, 2011 @ 12:41 am

I’m loving this creative way to use Thanksgiving leftovers. I usually have turkey for Christmas dinner and will definitely putting these bad boys together. Maybe I’ll throw in some of the black beans my grandma always makes for the holidays. Love this.

Courtney @ Bake.Eat.Repeat. — November 28, 2011 @ 1:38 pm

These look so SO delicious. I am in serious need of a good detox meal too. I think my blood has turned to mashed potatoes.

Jen Marie — November 28, 2011 @ 4:42 pm

I don’t have any turkey leftovers either. I ate at the fire station with the hubby and the other firemen. Honestly, I got to sit and watch men in uniform cook dinner, total eye candy all meal long, rave over my pies, then watch them clean up after me and do dishes.
    Can life get better than this? I’m not certain.
    So, we had ham on ‘our’ Thanksgiving the day after and I still haven’t gotten my fill of turkey. I told hubby that we have to make a turkey soon to get it outa my system. He says, “Oh, I totally agree.” :)

Jessi @ Quirky Cookery — December 17, 2011 @ 11:30 am

Mmmm! I’m always excited to see cranberries in more savory dishes instead of yet another dessert. I want to try this but I think I’ll puree it instead of leaving it chunky.

1. Pingback: Friday Friends a Day Late | livehalffull