Sometimes I think bloggers seem like celebrities.

Okay… some bloggers are celebrities.

But besides that, sometimes they seem invincible right? They appear to have a perfect “everything” and not a bad hair day in sight. I know you know what I’m saying. You know?

But guess what… bloggers are just people! People… with heads and arms and legs. Really. It’s weird. I know.

A few weeks ago, Susan from The Great Balancing Act was shockingly diagnosed with Lymphoma. Not only is Susan an awesome gal, but she’s healthy too. Like… really healthy. I have always admired the balance she has found with living a healthy life that doesn’t just consist of oatmeal and spinach. You know that’s my kinda thing. And it just blows my mind that she is still writing through this.

Janetha has organized a bake sale and auction for Susan conveniently titled The Great Fundraising Act. And let me tell you – it is great. Over 100 bloggers and companies are auctioning off some major (and delicious) items this coming Monday.

I’m donating the above:  a batch of better-than-crack brownies, a fresh jar of dark chocolate macaroon toasted almond butter, a few Trader Joe’s goodies and a gift card to Anthropologie. I’ll be reminding you of the auction come Monday, but for now you can read more details here. If you’d like to simply send a monetary donation to Susan, you can do so here.

In the meantime, I’d love it if you’d hop on over to Susan’s blog and read her amazing words since she has embarked upon this journey. It’s pretty darn inspiring and will remind you to feel blessed for every breath you take.

25 Responses to “The Great Fundraising Act.”

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga — July 20, 2011 @ 4:08 pm

I am donating, too, and your words about Susan are lovely and her whole ordeal has reminded me that life is precious, don’t take anything for granted, and truly soooo much of what we worry about is completely meaningless in the great scheme of life when you consider what someone like Susan is going through. She’s been in my prayers nonstop. Thank you for this post, Jessica :)

Laurie @Simply Scratch — July 20, 2011 @ 4:10 pm

Love this idea of a bake sale auction! Can’t wait for it… I got my eye on that jar of dark chocolate macaroon toasted almond butter!!

Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance — July 20, 2011 @ 4:21 pm

I think of so many bloggers as celebrities! In fact I ran into Meghann from Meals and Miles once during my morning run and felt star struck for a few minutes haha!
    That is very sweet of you for donating :) Best of luck

Liz — July 20, 2011 @ 4:49 pm

Yea for the brownies! Way to go Jess!!!!

Erica — July 20, 2011 @ 4:52 pm

Susan is incredible! I know the fund raiser is going to be a ginormous success!

Kim in MD — July 20, 2011 @ 5:43 pm

How sad to hear about Susan…I am heading over to her blog right now. The auction is a great idea. I find it so sweet that bloggers support each other in the way they do. It’s very touching!

bridget in NM — July 20, 2011 @ 5:55 pm

I am raising money for The Leukemia and Lymphoma society through Team In Training … running a marathon in SF on 10/16/11. I will put Susan’s name on my race shirt and would be humbled to run in her honor… will email her now to make sure it is OK. You never know who or when…

The auction is a GREAT idea! Can’t wait to check it out.
    God Bless

Naomi(onefitfoodie) — July 20, 2011 @ 7:36 pm

beautifully written Jessica :)

Jillian — July 20, 2011 @ 7:44 pm

Wow, I just read her story and am sooo inspired by her! Thanks for sharing; blessings to both of you!

heidi — July 20, 2011 @ 8:01 pm

My bill is very I’ll with a rare form of lymphoma so I greatly admire Susan and all those helping her. Great job!

heidi — July 20, 2011 @ 8:01 pm

My brother in law I meant to say.

• Jessica — July 20th, 2011 @ 8:26 pm

So sorry to hear that Heidi – thoughts to you and your family!

Laura (Cookies vs. Carrots) — July 20, 2011 @ 9:09 pm

This is such a great thing you all are doing to help out a colleague and friend! I’ll definitely be participating on Monday!

Jen — July 20, 2011 @ 9:45 pm

Definitely going to participate and promote! Thank you for sharing. Lost my Mom to cancer (suck-a-jaweeah) and know how crappy all of this can be. Love her attitude – that is really half the battle. And to be surrounded by such a loving online community – you guys rock!

Amanda — July 21, 2011 @ 7:57 am

Thank you for sharing this… I had not yet met Susan or heard her story!! Be blessed sweet Jessica!

Cindy Coniglio — July 21, 2011 @ 9:09 am

Good for you Jess! Any chance I can sneak a few brownies????

Ann — July 21, 2011 @ 9:37 am

You are a good friend – I’m headed to the fundraiser now….

Susan — July 21, 2011 @ 10:48 am

Jessica, I’ve been reading your blog since its infancy. Something about another personal trainer who loves bacon and cake as much as me drew me to you, and I’ve been hooked ever since. Anyways, just want to say how much I appreciate you sharing and participating in this for me. A million thank yous will never be enough, but a lone blog comment is a good start I guess ;)

xoxoxoxo

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — July 21, 2011 @ 2:01 pm

I can’t wait to bid on all sorts of things!!!!!!

Rima — July 21, 2011 @ 2:48 pm

What an amazing idea!! My thoughts are with Susan! And a great big thank you for sharing with us! I’d love to be able to donate some brownies and goodies, but I’m all the way across the other side of the world., so I will share my thoughts and prayers.

Holly — July 21, 2011 @ 6:30 pm

Jess, you ARE a celebrity blogger!! :)
    & I cannot wait for the auction. I am constantly thinking & praying for Susan. Such a tragic event, but I know she will beat it!!
    & just so you know I am going to try my very best to win that almond butter :) :)

Kat @ Living Like the Kings — July 21, 2011 @ 9:17 pm

I’m always slightly shocked when bad things happen to such good people. I feel like we’re close and I can’t believe this is happening to someone I “know.” I love what you’re doing.

Amy @ A Little Nosh — July 22, 2011 @ 12:42 pm

Hope you clean up that jar first. :-)

I know, I’m stuck on the messy jar. I can’t help myself. I don’t know how I manage to live with a 3-year-old.

Ozella Kuklinski — May 7, 2013 @ 5:17 am

Fundraising organizers are realizing that in order to complete the event with a significant amount of raised revenue, it must be run as efficiently and resourcefully as a business. Websites, online payment capability, and electronic payment processing are three key factors that can help overcome many of fundraising’s obstacles. ^.

Stay in touch
    <http://www.healthmedicinelab.com

Gerry Luben — June 24, 2013 @ 7:55 pm

Typically, lymphoma presents as a solid tumor of lymphoid cells. Treatment might involve chemotherapy and in some cases radiotherapy and/or bone marrow transplantation, and lymphomas can be curable depending on the histology, type, and stage of the disease.”;`”

Most up-to-date write-up from our personal web blog <http://www.picturesofherpes.covc