Hello you perfect game day snack.

Cheesy Stuffed Meatball Sliders I howsweeteats.com

Or perfect dinner. Or perfect reheated I-just-came-home-from-the-bar snack. Or perfect hungover breakfast. Cold.

I love you.

Cheesy Stuffed Meatball Sliders I howsweeteats.com

And I don’t even really like meatballs. So this is, in a word… huge. But I love you since you’re stuck in an adorable little toasted bun and stuffed with double the cheese. You make me want to eat meatballs every day.

Meatballs and mini things. Lots of cute mini things.

Cheesy Stuffed Meatball Sliders I howsweeteats.com

I didn’t want to show you this creeptastic picture but I felt like I needed to tell you that it’s okay if your mozzarella oozes out of your meatballs.

This is what happens in my kitchen. Cakes overflow in the oven, cookies flatten out like pancakes,  yeast doesn’t foam and cheese squirts out of meatballs. As dirty as it sounds, it’s real life and something like it happens every.single.day in my world. It makes a really good excuse to have an extra glass of wine.

Cheesy Stuffed Meatball Sliders I howsweeteats.com

Everything is always better in slider form, right? These meatballs are super quick to prepare and can be made in less than an hour. You can half the batch for dinner one night or triple them for your Monday Night Football party. They bring versatility to a whole new level and taste like a bite-sized version of spaghetti and meatballs… without the noodles? Yeah, sort of. Just whatever you do, don’t forget to invite me over.

Cheesy Stuffed Meatball Sliders I howsweeteats.com

2 teaspoons dried parsley

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon pepper

1/3 cup panko bread crumbs

4 ounces of mozzarella cheese, cut into cubes + more for topping

3 cups of your favorite pasta sauce

12-15 slider buns (or dinner rolls if you cannot find them)

basil for garnish/topping

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

In a large bowl, add ground beef, egg, oil, cheese, breadcrumbs, garlic, salt, pepper, basil and parsley. Mix to combine, gently tossing a few times with your hands. Don’t overmix – it will result in tough meatballs! Spray a large baking dish with non-stick spray and add 2 cups of pasta sauce. Roll beef into golfball-sized meatballs (about 3 tablespoons of beef), and press a cube of mozzarella in the middle. Seal the beef around the chees and set in sauce. Once all meatballs have been added, sprinkle additional cheese and breadcrumbs over top. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through. Serve with additional sauce if desired, toasted slider buns, and a few slabs of mozzarella for topping.

Cheesy Stuffed Meatball Sliders I howsweeteats.com

I’ll bring the wine.

139 Responses to “Cheesy Stuffed Meatball Sliders.”

Donna — January 30, 2012 @ 1:45 pm

Looks so good!! You might wanna check out this….:-) http://www.themeatballshop.com

bonnie — February 4, 2012 @ 4:10 pm

I’m making tomorrow for Superbowl, know they will be delish!

Amarachi — March 13, 2012 @ 8:37 pm

I made this twice already and it is absolutely fabulous.

mitzi — July 11, 2012 @ 4:24 pm

making these rite now an made them once before ,they r soooooooo good thank u for the recipe!!!

Jessica — September 1, 2012 @ 12:33 pm

creeptastic – LOVE It

Kate G. — January 1, 2013 @ 2:26 pm

Made these for New Year’s Eve last night and they were a hit!! It was my first time making meatballs….super easy and super yummy!! Will definitely be making them again!! Happy New Year to you!!

mitzi — April 16, 2013 @ 2:34 pm

these r so good best meatball ive ever tasted love making them so easy!!! thank you.

Janet Taylor — August 5, 2013 @ 11:33 am

Just found your wonderful blog! I made this recipe yesterday for my brothers’ birthday dinner. My only change was to use fresh basil and oregano from the garden instead of dried and to add some carmelized onions. These were hands down the best meatballs I’ve ever had. Huge hit with the family. I already have requests to have them again. Thank you!

Jennie B — January 1, 2014 @ 7:42 pm

Made this for NYE and it was a HUGE hit!!! Thanks again!

1. Pingback: Fluffernutter Cupcakes | How Sweet It Is

2. Pingback: Cheesy Stuffed Meatball Sliders [Lunch Time]

3. Pingback: Mozz-Stuffed Chicken Meatball Sliders « Some Other Betty

4. Pingback: Cheesy Meatballs « Dessert is in a Different Pocket

5. Pingback: Cheesy Stuffed Meatball Sliders | Fit Chick Wannabe

6. Pingback: 25 Super Bowl Recipes | How Sweet It Is

7. Pingback: Stuffed Meatball Sliders « wafoodie

8. Pingback: Judy (kizz) | Pearltrees

9. Pingback: New Recipe: Meatball Sliders | Mugs & Pugs

10. Pingback: The Web’s Best Slider Recipes | Cool Material

11. Pingback: Sliders, 8 Recipes You Are Sure to Salivate Over | For Love of Exploration

12. Pingback: Too Good?

13. Pingback: Last Minute Super Bowl Party Recipes

14. Pingback: simple dinner » Blog Archive » Teenage Food: Dinner Recipes That Picky Teenagers Will Stomach (PHOTOS) – Huffington Post

15. Pingback: Football Food! [135 Recipes For Football Season.] | How Sweet It Is

16. Pingback: Super Bowl Snacks