It’s that time again. Last year I overwhelmed you with a bunch of football food and, well… I’m back to do it again.

football food! [135 recipes for football season.] I howsweeteats.com

I seriously love every single thing on this list. I cannot wait to make stuff JUST BECAUSE it’s football season.

I also believe it’s the season of naps. Is there anything better than falling into a food coma in October with football on all day?

Nope.

DIPS

spicy beer queso with chorizo + black beans

spinach + kale greek yogurt dip

cheesy roasted red pepper dip

whipped feta

white pizza dip

3-ingredient old-school fruit dip

kicked up spinach dip

everything white bean hummus

bbq chicken dip

crazy good feta dip

copycat chipotle corn salsa

caramelized onion green yogurt dip

SNACKS

30 minutes buffalo chicken french breads

sweet + sticky pomegranate chicken wings

cheesy puff pull apart bread

spinach, bacon + artichoke stuffed portobellos

crispy buffalo oven fries

bacon blue cheeseburger stuffed potato skins

shredded brussels sprouts crostini

roasted red pepper + bacon goat cheese truffles

20 minute turkey taco nachos

homemade bbq sweet potato chips

one pan sticky thai chicken wings

cheddar tailgating bread

loaded sweet potato skins

crispy roasted chickpeas

bacon beer cornbread

crunchy oven fried ravioli

chipotle beer shrimp quesadillas with spicy guac

fontina stuffed portobellos

soft pretzel rolls

SALADS

chopped chicken taco salad with cheese quesadillas strips

BLT chopped salads with corn, feta + avocado

roasted autumn panzanella salad

crunchy buffalo chicken salads with bacon + spicy ranch

tequila lime flank steak salads

thai crunch chicken salad

roasted potato salad

CROCKPOT

crockpot cheeseburgers

bbq beer chicken

smoky brisket tacos

easy tomato sauce

chicken + dumplings

short rib tacos with salted lime cabbage

bacon bourbon baked beans

bbq beer pulled pork tacos

cheesesteak pulled chicken

mini turkey meatballs

cheddar beer chicken tacos

SANDWICHES + BURGERS

homemade chicken cheesesteaks

pulled pork + beer cheese grilled cheese

bbq portobello sliders

jalapeño cheddar chicken meatball subs

cheeseburgers with sautéed mushrooms, arugula + dijon aioli

salt + vinegar chip crusted fish sandwiches

cheesy stuffed meatball sliders

loaded cheddar hot dogs

balsamic brussels grilled cheese

roasted jalapeño cheddar turkey burgers with smoky bbq aioli

smoky sweet potato burgers

buffalo chicken burgers

crab cake sliders with pineapple kiwi salsa

crispy buffalo quinoa sliders with sweet corn + scallions

double bean burger patty melts

thai turkey burgers

taco rubbed burgers with crush tortilla chips

crispy salmon BLT sliders with chipotle mayo

PIZZA + PASTA

30 minutes skillet lasagna

bacon cheeseburger skillet pizza

chicken enchilada pizza

baked parmesan spaghetti

stovetop buffalo chicken shells + cheese

caramelized onion, bacon + gruyere pizza

white pizza lasagna

easy beer mac and cheese

cast iron skillet brussels sprouts bacon pizza

lightened up butternut squash shells

autumn apple pizza

spicy parmesan shrimp skillet

stovetop bbq chicken shells + cheese

garlic bread pizza crust

cheddar chili cornbread layered pasta

baked pumpkin fettuccine alfredo

harvest pizza

4 cheese skillet mac + cheese

CHILI + SOUP

beer cheese soup in homemade bread bowls

smoky white bean chicken chili

loaded sweet potato soup

chicken pot pie soup

mother lovett’s bean soup

3 bean chili pot pies

creamy cauliflower soup

easy 5-step chili

minestrone pot pie with whole wheat parmesan biscuits

30 minutes buffalo chicken soup

creamy tomato soup with garlic brown butter croutons

bourbon sweet potato bisque

easy one pot tortilla soup

OTHER EASY ENTREES

chipotle lime chicken skewers with avocado ranch

easy chickpea curry + coconut rice

pan crisped salmon with dijon cream

apple bacon stuffed sweet potatoes

bacon wrapped caramelized sesame asparagus

red wine marinated flank steak with caprese salsa

toasted sesame ginger salmon

OMG TREATS

hot fudge root beer floats

bourbon baked apples

caramelized banana bread skillet cake

chocolate chip cookie kahlua shakes

banana bourbon cupcakes

whole wheat banana bread with coconut streusel

popcorn crunch fudge brownies

homemade snickers bars

roasted cherry hot fudge milkshakes

crazy confetti compost cookies

burnt caramel bourbon ice cream with milk chocolate toffee

peppermint pattie brownies

bourbon bacon marshmallow s’mores

chocolate chip cookie dough peanut butter cups

crockpot caramel apple crumble

peanut butter fudge brownie trifle

pumpkin s’mores cupcakes

cake batter krispie treats

vanilla bourbon caramel apples

brown butter oatmeal chunk cookies

COCKTAILS + BEVS

crockpot coconut hot chocolate

apple cider sangria

homemade bailey’s irish cream

mango jalapeño margaritas

blueberry mint juleps

pomegranate margaritas

grown up pumpkin pie milkshakes

apple cider margaritas

pomegranate vanilla sangria

fresh strawberry margaritas

SO MUCH DELICIOUSNESS.

what is your favorite football-ish/fall recipe? leave me some links below!

58 Responses to “Football Food! [135 Recipes For Football Season.]”

Jamie @lifelovelemons — September 2, 2013 @ 7:47 am

I want to make all the things on this list. Seriously, all the things.

Madison — September 2, 2013 @ 7:47 am

Oh my gosh–this is overwhelming but in the very best way!!! :)

Lauren @ The Highlands Life — September 2, 2013 @ 7:53 am

Yes please to everything!

Averie @ Averie Cooks — September 2, 2013 @ 8:00 am

I remember your list from last year like it was yesterday! And two of my other fave bloggers also posted huge lists today. I literally just read 500 recipe titles between the 3 of you – and I would love it is just a few things appeared in front of me! Your dips always get me. And your drinks. And the desserts :)

Tieghan — September 2, 2013 @ 8:19 am

Oh my gosh, yes! I have been waiting for this all weekend. So excited! Need to go through every link here and start doing some major planning and also grow a bigger stomach! LOL!

Luv What You Do — September 2, 2013 @ 8:54 am

OMG! Football, food and naps?! You are speaking to my heart. I had the most amazing mac n cheese with creamed corn yesterday and stalked down the person who made it (in the crockpot) for foot ball season!

Dan — September 2, 2013 @ 10:15 am

Awesome list. I’ve made several of these for tailgates last season and everyone loved them. The nice thing is they were still easy to make at the lot, in bad Cleveland weather.

FYI – the link for bourbon sweet potato bisque accidentally points to the creamy tomato soup.

Thanks again!

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat — September 2, 2013 @ 10:43 am

Well, i’d like some chipotle lime chicken skewers with avocado ranch, some bbq sweet potato fries, and a pumpkin pie milkshake. Actually, make that 2. This list is awesome!

Ashley @ Wishes and Dishes — September 2, 2013 @ 11:10 am

I’m not a football fan but I AM a fan of all the food (especially the dips!) that goes along with it!

Marie @ Little Kitchie — September 2, 2013 @ 11:43 am

Incredible round up! I want it ALL.

Taylor @ FoodFaithFitness — September 2, 2013 @ 12:02 pm

Oh my gosh thank you for this! I am not a football fan but my hubby is! With all these deeeeelish looking recipes, I think I may be able to get into game days!

Gigi — September 2, 2013 @ 1:31 pm

I love all of these football recipes! Now to write my game schedule snacks! Thanks for sharing. Go Red Raiders! Go Steelers!

Christina (Sisters Running the Kitchen) — September 2, 2013 @ 1:42 pm

this BBQ chips look so so good!

Ashley | Spoonful of Flavor — September 2, 2013 @ 3:57 pm

Thanks for sharing this recipe roundup. I love game day for the food more than anything else!

Dina — September 2, 2013 @ 5:04 pm

Wow! This is the best list ever! I could gobble up everything here! Thank you!

Amelia — September 2, 2013 @ 6:24 pm

I’m all over football season like white on rice. ;) This list is incredible! I made sure to save it in my feedly as I am going to aim to make something different (or a few different items) each week to enjoy in front of a game. Food + game + nap= easily going to pack on a few this season. ;) Question is: should I add a ‘workout’ to the above equation or not?

Melissa — September 2, 2013 @ 6:59 pm

You. Just. Blew. My. Mind.

Emily @ Life on Food — September 3, 2013 @ 6:02 am

OMG! I don’t even like football but I love the food. So many great picks here my head is spinning.

Purelytwins — September 3, 2013 @ 6:54 am

amazing collection of recipes!! love it

BJ — September 3, 2013 @ 7:22 am

I don’t even want to know about crockpot cheeseburgers. I’ll tell you now – i’m not gonna wait for football or cold weather. And the buffalo chicken French bread? Stop already.

Laurie {SimplyScratch} — September 3, 2013 @ 7:56 am

I love football for one reason and one reason only, the food. Such a delicious round-up!

Andrea — September 3, 2013 @ 8:14 am

Such a great collection of recipes! I’ve tried several and a few of them are favorites. I can’t wait to try even more!

Not Only Sugar — September 3, 2013 @ 9:39 am

che bel riepilogo.. grazie…

Not Only Sugar

Tracy | Peanut Butter And Onion — September 3, 2013 @ 10:01 am

I know this says football food, but I have a poker game at my house coming up. This post is exactly what I needed. Thanks!!!!

Joelle (on a pink typewriter) — September 3, 2013 @ 10:37 am

Gaaah, I want everything on this page!

Ashley@BakerbyNature — September 3, 2013 @ 1:30 pm

FOOTBALL FOOD! This post has me exciiiiiiited!

Rachel — September 3, 2013 @ 2:39 pm

I don’t watch football but I do LOVE food, so, these are great. I think I just drooled a little bit.

Deen — September 3, 2013 @ 3:17 pm

This is exactly what I needed for this painful Tuesday at the office. Thanks!

Mary-Clay @ Cooking with the King — September 3, 2013 @ 3:30 pm

So I’m now going to have to sit here and read all of these posts. Not only are you so inventive with your cooking – you’re a great writer as well! Thanks for sharing! Football season will be that much better with all these recipes.

Yang — September 3, 2013 @ 4:26 pm

I will never understand football, but am actually looking forward to the start of the season thanks to all of these recipes. I’ll definitely be working my way through the list. Thanks for sharing!

Sarah — September 3, 2013 @ 5:42 pm

Good Lord! PERFECT timing for FB season!!!!!!!!! Thank you so muchh!!!

Leslie — September 3, 2013 @ 7:21 pm

This post just made me very hungry! Will definitely be trying a few of these <3

DRAMA — September 4, 2013 @ 2:35 am

Why I’m on a diet!!?!?!??!?!?!

Kim in MD — September 4, 2013 @ 8:15 am

Bring on the football! I love it when you round up recipes like this!

Casey — September 4, 2013 @ 1:15 pm

Be still, my heart!!!! This is a competitive food-bringer’s dream (my dream). Bookmarking it!

JLauryn — September 4, 2013 @ 6:03 pm

I can’t thank you enough. I am stressing…New out of town BF coming to visit and I have to cook on Game Day Sunday for him. Borrowing menu from you!

Heather — September 10, 2013 @ 10:42 am

For the games on Sunday I made my guy and his friends Buffalo Chicken Ragoons…they FLIPPED OUT! just take your fave buffalo chicken dip recipe, put a decent sized teaspoon in the middle of a wonton wrapper, brush the edges with egg white, seal it up (either fold to make a triangle, or fold all four corners together to make a little purse) and fry in 350 degree oil for 2-3 minutes until golden brown! Serve with blue cheese dressing and wait for the ridiculous compliments to start rolling in!

Sharon Naylor @ Sharon Naylor Wedding Books — October 4, 2013 @ 6:00 am

Bridesmaids will LOVE these recipes, especially the dips and snacks, for their bridal shower menus! Fabulous list — can’t wait for your cookbook!

Susie — October 6, 2013 @ 11:06 am

Great post! You just made me so hungry!! Can’t wait to try some of these!

Sara — October 18, 2013 @ 4:29 pm

OMG! This all looks amazing. I cannot decide what to make first. :) Maybe something buffalo chicken-themed. :-D

Kristen Hess (The Artful Gourmet) — January 17, 2014 @ 9:54 am

GREAT ROUNDUP POST JESS! I will definitely be referring to this for my big Superbowl Party this year…congrats on the new cookbook – can’t wait to see it! Cheers, Kristen :)

Diana — January 22, 2014 @ 1:03 am

Found this just in time for the super bowl! Such an awesome list! I am super excited to try out the crispy buffalo fries and the BLT chopped salad! Thanks :)

1. Pingback: Things I like Thursday – TILT | Crazy Jamie

2. Pingback: Fascinating Friday Links #3 | Daily Moves and Grooves

3. Pingback: Weekend Agenda: 09.06.13 | Northeast by Southwest

4. Pingback: Running Wild: Friday Favorites

5. Pingback: fortune finds | Fortune Goodies

6. Pingback: Are you ready for some Football? | blah blah birds

7. Pingback: Slow Cooker Sugar + Roasted Garlic Pot Roast Sandwiches | How Sweet It Is

8. Pingback: What I’m Reading | a glass of milk

9. Pingback: My October Favorite Finds! | reluctantentertainer.com Reluctant Entertainer I Sandy Coughlin - Lifestyle, Entertaining, Food, Recipes, Hospitality and Gardening

10. Pingback: Recipes to Try | Live and Learn

11. Pingback: Friday Favorites | In The Long Run

12. Pingback: I love lists, Friday! – Shutterbean

13. Pingback: Spiked Brown Butter Rice Krispie Treat Shake Shooters | How Sweet It Is

14. Pingback: Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Dip | How Sweet It Is