1. A few years ago I became infatuated with eating eggs (specifically fried) and baked beans… together. I’m firmly back on that gravy train and it’s so, so good.

2. I only have a bunch of baked beans because Sunday night we ate a huge feast of crockpot beer pulled pork, cornbread and cinnamon brown sugar butter, mashed sweet + yukon gold potatoes, roasted green bean fries and yep… baked beans. It was lovely. And pants popping.

3. And speaking of gravy, have you ever had it with french fries? My mom used to claim this was a delicacy of her’s while in college. It is pretty freaking terrific.

4. Current favorite blog? Tell me below. I met Krissy while in Orlando last weekend and love her to pieces.

5. Do you have ANY idea how many current actors/actresses had little bits and pieces parts on old school 90210? Like the chief from Grey’s Anatomy. And he wears this little beach patrol outfit thing. Weird.

5.5 Raise your hand if you are so completely sick of me mentioning 90210 in like, every blog post. Both of mine are up.

6. Since I don’t do crafts and am not very creative on the cookie/cake front, I rarely do holiday-themed treats for parties and family get-togethers. Last year I tried to make these brownie pops for Easter which were tasty but somewhat of a fail and required waaaay too much patience on my part. So this year I’m going to make these adorable little macaroon nests and be domestically festive.

7. My first true cuisine love is Mexican, but it really shares my heart with Thai. Least favorite is Italian. What’s yours?

8. Why yes, my husband IS wearing an Under Armor hunting shirt in that picture. Not because he hunts, but because he thinks it’s cool and makes him more manly. P.S. -> it doesn’t.

9. Can I interest you in some oreo cookie spread, chocolate chip cookie dough devil’s food cheesecake or red velvet pull apart bread? I thought so. Let’s have a partay.

10. While my husband was away last week, he called me super early (like 8PM) to say he was going to bed. Three hours later he calls me while I’m reading, drunk to the high heavens, telling me he just fulfilled one of his life goals by meeting Rodney Atkins in a bar. When I asked who that was, he said “you know! the country guy that was in the news a few months ago for beating his wife.” Oh. Okay.

11. He also ate froyo at 8AM for breakfast on Friday. Maybe I’m rubbing off on him.

128 Responses to “Tuesday Things.”

Karly — March 27, 2012 @ 7:57 pm

So, I’m totally with you on the Mexican thing, but would you believe that I’ve never tried Thai food? I seriously live in the middle of a cornfield. Thai food is not something you often find around here and I’d make my own, but my family would never allow it.

Thanks for linking to my Oreo spread! :)

Jessica @ idkmybffjes — March 27, 2012 @ 8:00 pm

As always, I love your Tuesday things! I love the random!

Maia — March 27, 2012 @ 8:23 pm

Fries with gravy is totally common in Canada, you MUST try poutine. I’m pretty sure you would love it!

Mariah — March 27, 2012 @ 8:32 pm

Is baked goods a cuisine? I’m totally crushing on cakes right now. And most of the recipes on your blog. The photos just make it all look so yummy!

Julie @ Willow Bird Baking — March 27, 2012 @ 8:45 pm

Aw, thanks so much for the mention. I would make you a red velvet pull-apart loaf any ol’ time ;)

Soyphet — March 27, 2012 @ 8:50 pm

I am 1/4 Thai and the rest Lao. So, my first love will always be anything from that region. My second love would be sushi (which is only a fraction of Japanese cuisine, but whatevs), and then it would be Mexican (because I love spice and heat in my food).

Marlo — March 27, 2012 @ 8:58 pm

I am seriously wanting one of those spring rolls on the left now…

Kristen — March 27, 2012 @ 10:04 pm

How about cheese fries with gravy? Feel free to enter any diner in NJ to order these, you WON’T be disappointed!

Liz @ Tip Top Shape — March 27, 2012 @ 10:18 pm

Richard was on 90210?! Mind blown.

Cait's Plate — March 27, 2012 @ 10:19 pm

I think your husband just became my new favorite person. Froyo for breakfast is genius!

Lizzi — March 27, 2012 @ 10:25 pm

You are destined to come live in Australia and be my best friend. Chips (aka fries) and gravy is the standard eveeeeeywhere, and baked beans with eggs = staple food.
    Okay? So.. SEE YOU IN A FEW HOURS BYE!

kariner — March 27, 2012 @ 11:28 pm

LOVE love love love love Thai food. Definitely my favorite, followed by Mexican. Both packed with TONS of spice.

Katie — March 28, 2012 @ 12:44 am

Yes, try poutine! It’s a staple after bar food or unhealthy snack in Toronto… you have to add cheese curds to the fries first, then smother it all in hot gravy.. yumm! .. oh and you’ll probably want to eat that with a fork.

free music — March 28, 2012 @ 1:34 am

Fantastic post filled with helpful suggestions! My website is pretty new and i am also getting a difficult time obtaining my readers to leave comments. I shall be coming back for your weblog for much more soon.It’s exhausting to locate educated folks on this make a difference, but you sound like you know what you’re talking about! I shall be coming back for your weblog for much more soon.Thanks

Ashley @ Wishes and Dishes — March 28, 2012 @ 2:40 am

I love mexican and thai food! We have the best Thai restaurant where I live in Rochester, NY. I have never had better. And p.s. I love fries with gravy

Zee — March 28, 2012 @ 6:42 am

Totally love your random things for Tuesday! U cracked me up haha
    You know what? Even I can have froyo any time of the day for lunch dinner or breakfast.. I love that stuff too much!

Mallory — March 28, 2012 @ 7:39 am

Speaking of actors and actresses showing up in 90210…I have noticed it in ER too. I am a ER junkie and just recently dug out a few seasons on dvd. McGee off of NCIS and Roy (Pam’s ex-fiancee on The Office) are just a few…it is so weird and they are so much younger! 90210 rocks by the way.

Mallory — March 28, 2012 @ 7:41 am

Hi! If you love Thai food, you MUST try Kanok — It’s in Shadyside on South Highland Ave. Cutest Thai restaurant with the most delicious Thai food I’ve had in Pittsburgh yet, and its BYOB which is always fantastic! And if you are still not satisfied…Mad Mex is right next door ;)

Jennifer R. — March 28, 2012 @ 8:00 am

OMG, last night on Body of Proof, Dylan Walsh was on there and he has certainly aged well. And the voice, was exactly the same, I kept expecting him to say “Brenda” like he used to. I kept texting people, but they didn’t understand my craziness concerning 90210.

• Barbara — April 8th, 2012 @ 2:41 pm

Saw that too…he still looks good. Dylan McKay, though…Brandon Walsh :)

pam — March 28, 2012 @ 8:40 am

we are waiting for you to post a picture of Mr Sweet!

• Jessica — March 28th, 2012 @ 9:58 am

There are a lot of pictures of him posted throughout my Crumbs section!

• Kelly — March 29th, 2012 @ 5:41 pm

He’s a hottie Pam! haha!

Mel G — March 28, 2012 @ 8:53 am

I don’t have a favourite cuisine as such……as long as there’s prawns (shrimp) involved, I’m good to go!

Stina — March 28, 2012 @ 9:21 am

Just when I was beginning to think I was the only person on earth who didn’t LOVE Italian food!

I’m with you on the Mexican closely followed by pretty much anything from the continent of Asia (Chinese, sushi, Thai, Indian…)

Carrie @CarrieAndJonathan.com — March 28, 2012 @ 9:22 am

I’m totally with you on Mexican and Thai as favorite cuisines. Although Indian is up there too. So is Ethiopian. … Least favorite is meat & potatoes. That’s a cuisine right?

Chelsy — March 28, 2012 @ 9:34 am

I am totally head over heels in love with Mexican food, despite the fact that I got food poisoning on Sunday from black beans and eggs at Taco Cabana…I never eat fast food…is Taco Cabana even considered Mexican…let’s just say no for the sake of my Mexican food obsession. I dive head first into queso, even though I am lactose in tolerant, feast on fajitas, love grilled shrimp, wrapped in bacon and sprinkled with queso fresco, and somebody hand me a margarita…or three! I would have to say that authentic Italian is also pretty good…but ironically the crap we have in the U.S. is my least fave. I have only had Thai one and it was a horrible experience. Greek is in a close first with the Mexican food. Opa! My fave blog as of latest: duh, this one, oh, oh and My New Roots!

Krissy's Creations — March 28, 2012 @ 9:48 am

Love you Jessica! I always have loved your blog :) but meeting you in person was just the BEST! Can’t wait to get to know you even more :). PS – Loving this post!

Mia — March 28, 2012 @ 10:08 am

I’m from Arizona, maybe 20-30 miles north of the Mexican border (or maybe not even that far, I’ve never measured). So Mexican food and I are in love. We’re soul mates. I also love Chinese food (and Americanized Chinese food. Not of the Panda Express variety necessarily – though I’ll eat that too – but slightly more classy. Like PF Chang’s) and Indian food.

I’m not a huge fan of Thai. They use too many peanuts, which cause my lips to swell, my face to itch, and my throat to tighten =(

Emilie @ Emilie's Enjoyables — March 28, 2012 @ 10:14 am

Mexican + Thai top my food list too and Italian is easily my least fav. TWINS.

Christy — March 28, 2012 @ 10:14 am

I seriously LOL’d @ #10!!! Love your reaction!

Favorite is authentic Mex (although I love Tex-Mex), Thai, Cajun and Indian…can’t choose just one. Well, okay, maybe Mex b/c I could have tacos every day with green sauce. I do love me some homemade thin crust pizza and garlic bread (heavy on the garlic) though! Um yeah, I’m indecisive…

Anna K. — March 28, 2012 @ 10:29 am

I love Thai… seriously drooling at that delicious plate of Pad Thai … I know what I am having for dinner.

April — March 28, 2012 @ 10:31 am

You are hilarious! I LOVE your Tuesday things. :)

Dena @ 40 Fit in the Mitt — March 28, 2012 @ 11:09 am

okay 90210, I couldn’t get sick of talking about that show ever…. anytime/every time I see anyone that was on that show I have to talk about the show

Kristen Mattern — March 28, 2012 @ 11:10 am

Love Krissy’s Creations! Her pics and recipes are a winner.

I’ve always wanted to go to NJ just to have Disco Fries which are fries smothered in gravy and topped with Mozzarella cheese. That is right up my alley! Why do they not think of these things in other states?!?! :)

sarah — March 28, 2012 @ 11:17 am

Fav food – Mexican then anything of the breakfast variety.
    Favorite blog of late = http://weliveyoung.blogspot.com/
    Not too many posts recently, but sheesh the photography blows me away!

Kristin — March 28, 2012 @ 11:38 am

I love Mexican. Mostly because if we’re going out for Mexican it means I can have a margarita or four. I don’t understand those who say they can’t drink tequila…
    Fries and gravy is really popular in PA! When I worked at a restaurant there, people ordered that all the time. Did you know that fries on salads is only a PA thing?? I, unfortunately, discovered that when I moved away.

Amy — March 28, 2012 @ 12:00 pm

I want to live in your house (in a very non-creepy kind of way). Are you taking applications for borders? :)

Candice — March 28, 2012 @ 12:09 pm

Hurrah for disco fries! You have GOT to put some cheese on top of that gravy and broil it. YUM.

ensign_beedrill — March 28, 2012 @ 12:37 pm

And speaking of gravy, have you ever had it with french fries?

I realize you don’t have Whataburgers up north. But if you ever make it down to Texas, go to a Whataburger and get a chicken strip meal. It comes with chicken strips, Texas toast, french fries, and gravy. Dip EVERYTHING in the gravy.

You’re welcome.

alan — March 28, 2012 @ 1:21 pm

love the picture of pad thai am cooking some tom-yum soup with shrimp as we are talking. its my favorite soup and cant live without it,same with pad thai only use the grill and wok these days

best wishes

alan

Gayle215 — March 28, 2012 @ 1:44 pm

I think you may be my soul-sister. Your posts make me laugh out loud.

Amber — March 28, 2012 @ 2:21 pm

Damn naive Canadian that I am—-I thought you were being ironic when you suggested gravy on fries. Doesn’t everyone put gravy on fries? In my world, it’s like salt & pepper, PB&J….me & red wine, just inseparable! I’d like to echo all the other comments- google “Poutine” immediately!!!

idiosyncratic eye — March 28, 2012 @ 2:48 pm

I love Mexican and you can’t write off Italian when both pasta and pizza are attributable to that cuisine! I’d love to get into Thai more but there’s nowhere really to eat it round here so otherwise it’s sauce jars and chicken pieces, not exactly bona fide! :)

A Little Coffee — March 28, 2012 @ 4:28 pm

Re: #3: Add some cheese curds to your fries before dousing ‘em in hot gravy, and you have poutine. Every Canadian’s favourite midnight snack after an evening of heavy drinking.

Re: #4: Alison Lehman at http://blog.allisonlehman.com/

Re: #7. You don’t like Italian? Does. Not. Compute. But I’ll let it slide since Mexican and Thai are excellent choices.

Lisa — March 28, 2012 @ 8:03 pm

Rodney Atkins will be down here in jacksonville,fl on april26. Good road trip!

Melanie — March 28, 2012 @ 10:25 pm

Your Thai dish makes my mouth water…Have you ever had the Indonesian peanut saute from Noodles & Company? Lawd its looks just like it!! It’s my fav, we had it for dinner tonight….and every time we go I get one of there huge snickerdoodle cookies and it makes me think of you!!!

Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy — March 28, 2012 @ 11:10 pm

Mexican is my favorite, but I also like Japanese- sushi! Italian is my least favorite.

Shelly — March 29, 2012 @ 2:32 am

Indian food is my first love. I also love Mexican and Thai food!! I think both of those are tied for second. Fish tacos from California are probably one of my favorite Mexican dishes ever!!

DesertPoppy29 — March 29, 2012 @ 2:36 pm

I agree with the person above that mentioned Whataburger….LOVE IT! Gravy is awesome :D Come to Texas and try it!!

And where can I find the recipe to “crockpot beer pulled pork”????????? Must try this now!

If you are into Sci-Fi at all, The X-Files is like 90210…Sci-Fi stars mostly had bit roles on The X-files. I think it’s the way it goes :)

Alisan — March 29, 2012 @ 4:27 pm

My favorite cuisines!?! right now Chinese, Thai, Indian, and Mexican because I can’t just go to a restaurant and get them here. So I’ve been making everything myself. But I get tired. I want to be SERVED :)
    Least favorite? Rice and Beans.

Thanks for the continued smiles!

April — March 29, 2012 @ 5:19 pm

Mmm, love Italian and Meditteranean. Went to Macedonia for a yoga retreat, love their food. Tired of Mex by now though, too many other great things to try.

Kelly — March 29, 2012 @ 5:39 pm

I love the Tuesday things! When I was a kid it was a BIG treat to go to Dairy Queen and I always always always got the steak finger basket. And I would dip my fries in the gravy. Oh to be 8 and have that metabolism again…sigh. I am with you on Italian…probably me least favorite food genre overall but Mexican and Chinese are in a dead sprint for first place. I just need to do more sampling before I can officially make up my mind. :)

• Kelly — March 29th, 2012 @ 5:40 pm

Oh and speaking on 90210 weren’t you super sad to see that Jennie Garth and Peter (whatever his name is) are getting divorced?

• Barbara — April 8th, 2012 @ 3:03 pm

I heard a quote by her recently that he was the one who wanted the divorce, and that it took her a while to come to peace with it. Too bad… I saw a commercial for a reality show that she will be doing on one of the country channels about moving to the country…or at least out of LA. It looks good actually…not tacky/trashy like some reality shows.