I’m sort of cheating on you today.

No Bake Peanut Butter S'mores Squares I howsweeteats.com

This is simply a rework of those peanut butter marshmallow squares that I shared a few weeks ago, just trashed up with some chocolate and graham crackers since I’m a s’mores fanatic. Nothing new, nothing too exciting, nothing insanely creative. Big fat cheater, yes I am.

Oh, and um… those squares? Like every single one of you have been eating them all your life, leaving me to feel extremely deprived. My childhood was freakishly missing out. I’m completely looney toons. Did no one love me enough to feed me melted peanut butter and marshmallows? Waaaaah.

No Bake Peanut Butter S'mores Squares I howsweeteats.com

But all this whining can’t even compete with how scrumptious these little squares are. They have SO MUCH texture. And they are like, the easiest things in the world to make, and you don’t even need to turn on the oven in the crazy summer heat. Seriously, who wants to heat up their house when it’s 95 degrees outside? Uh… check please. No additional heat here.

I turn into a MON.STER.

No Bake Peanut Butter S'mores Squares I howsweeteats.com

So THIS is how I really wanted to make the squares the first time around. Super s’more-sie and absolutely huge. I mean, you can barely open your mouth up wide enough to take a bite. So wrong… and so totally right.

No Bake Peanut Butter S'mores Squares I howsweeteats.com

No Bake Peanut Butter S’mores Squares

[adapted from the peanut butter marshmallow squares]

makes one 9×13 pan

2 cups creamy peanut butter

1/2 cup unsalted butter

1 1/2 (11-ounce) bags of chocolate chips

2 10.5-ounce bags mini marshmallows

1 sleeve of graham crackers, coarsely chopped and crushed

Heat a large pot over low heat and add peanut butter, butter and 1 bag of chocolate chips. Constantly stir until totally melted – this will take about 10 minutes, but eventually everything will melt. Remove from heat and set aside to cool for about 15-20 more minutes. I find this works when the mixture is really completely cool, but not solid.

Fold in marshmallows, graham crackers and remaining chocolate chis  until evenly coated and distributed – some of it may melt, and that’s fine. Spray a 9×13 pan with nonstick spray, then spread mixture in the pan. Let sit at room temperature for a few hours to firm up, or place in the fridge. Note: mine are a bit thicker because I used a 11×6 pan.

No Bake Peanut Butter S'mores Squares I howsweeteats.com

Time to get on this.

109 Responses to “No Bake Peanut Butter S’mores Squares.”

Hannah @ All-Purpose and Semi-Sweet — June 12, 2012 @ 7:05 am

“I mean, you can barely open your mouth up wide enough to take a bite. So wrong… and so totally right.” And this is why I read your blog every morning at 7am.

• Kim in MD — June 12th, 2012 @ 7:50 am

Ha! Me, too! :-)

heather — June 12, 2012 @ 7:05 am

Oh my gosh are you kidding me!? Want. Need. Love.

sally @ sallys baking addiction — June 12, 2012 @ 7:06 am

big huge fat no bake s’mores squares? sign me up puh-lease! I’ve been wanting to make something like these with golden grahams, too! And ps: my childhood was deprived of those pb marshmallow squares too. ugh. life is so hard!

Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} — June 12, 2012 @ 7:10 am

Cheating or not, these look fantastic. How perfect are these for summer get-togethers at the lake? Love it!

Claire @ Live and Love to Eat — June 12, 2012 @ 7:17 am

LOVE. Not fair that Pittsburgh is already too unbearably hot and humid to bake.

Liz — June 12, 2012 @ 7:19 am

TOTALLY getting on this.

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers — June 12, 2012 @ 7:24 am

I’m in heaven!! This looks so out of this world!!! I read the name and I knew this recipe is for me!! Perfect for making in this summer heat!!!

Lauren at Keep It Sweet — June 12, 2012 @ 7:39 am

This is the kind of cheating that is really ok:-)

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat — June 12, 2012 @ 7:40 am

OK, not sure if you know this (and it’s very ironic that I popped over to your blog after reading Julie @ PB Fingers’ post this morning) but today is national peanut butter cookie day and, lo and behold, you’ve got a peanut butter extravaganza going on over here! I’m salivating!! :)

• Jessica — June 12th, 2012 @ 11:06 am

I had no idea… and that is awesome.

Madeleine @ Teenie Baker — June 12, 2012 @ 7:44 am

Peanut butter, chocolate AND marshmallows? I want these. Yum.

Kim in MD — June 12, 2012 @ 7:51 am

These are drool worthy this morning- and I want one for breakfast!

Meg @ Peaches and Cake — June 12, 2012 @ 7:51 am

OHHH MY LORRDDDY. Making these immediately for my little brothers and sisters! They will love them!

Ali @ Peaches and Football — June 12, 2012 @ 8:15 am

You had me at peanut butter.

How come food like this isn’t on a diet plan anywhere? Everyone would sign up ;)

• Jessica — June 12th, 2012 @ 11:06 am

Seriously.

krysten @ mrs. schwartz's kitchen — June 12, 2012 @ 8:17 am

If this is cheating, you can cheat on me any day of the week!

Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles — June 12, 2012 @ 8:18 am

I’m glad you’re a big fat cheater! Holy goodness!!!!

Ali @ Gimme Some Oven — June 12, 2012 @ 8:19 am

So. Good. I’ll take one for breakfast.

chefroommate — June 12, 2012 @ 8:41 am

Those are enormous in the best possible way! Cheat away, my friend, cheat away!

Stephanie — June 12, 2012 @ 8:49 am

so i’m reading your post and you’re all like, these are so thick! and i get to the second to last photo and i’m like, oh, well there’s two stacked up there, they’re not THAT thick. then i get to the last photo and realize how wrong i was.

• Jessica — June 12th, 2012 @ 11:05 am

Ha! Yes, definitely not stacked on top.

Katrina — June 12, 2012 @ 8:55 am

I’m ok with your cheating….these look fabulous!

Tina {my life as a mrs} — June 12, 2012 @ 9:08 am

umm i hope you saved one for me… ;)

Cait's Plate — June 12, 2012 @ 9:14 am

Yeah. The title alone had me on this one. Then I saw the pictures and I pretty much died from love.

samantha @ peach in the city — June 12, 2012 @ 9:57 am

i hate you sort of

Meghan @ After the Ivy League — June 12, 2012 @ 10:01 am

Ahh peanut butter, marshmallow, chocolate, oh my! Exactly the dessert I need to survive a summer on the 3rd floor without air conditioning. Love it!

Nancy @ CouponClippingCook — June 12, 2012 @ 10:28 am

I would eat these stacked two at a time. no wait, three at a time. they look amazing.

Jessica@AKitchenAddiction — June 12, 2012 @ 11:02 am

S’mores are the best! The more forms you can eat them in. . .the better!!

Maria — June 12, 2012 @ 11:03 am

Perfect summer treat!

B @ Crags and Veggies — June 12, 2012 @ 11:05 am

WOW!!!! I love smores, can’t wait to try!!! And no bake, love desserts that are easy and cool in the summer!

Heather (Heather's Dish) — June 12, 2012 @ 11:18 am

jess, i never had those squares growing up either. apparently you and i were both grossly mistreated….

teresa — June 12, 2012 @ 11:27 am

Oh My Word.
    For crying out loud.
    Seriously want to CRUNCH down on these things!
    Only you!
    xo

Steph@stephsbitebybite — June 12, 2012 @ 11:40 am

Thank gawd I’m marathon training. That’s all I can manage to say. Drool is now dripping on my desk.

ATasteOfMadness — June 12, 2012 @ 11:42 am

I love no bake treats. This looks perfect. I need to make this now!!

janetha @ meals & moves — June 12, 2012 @ 12:10 pm

yum.

Averie @ Averie Cooks — June 12, 2012 @ 12:22 pm

They look fabulous! Anything PB + smores combo, destined to be awesome.

FoodFaceChomp! — June 12, 2012 @ 12:31 pm

I need to need to need to need to make these!!! They’re just … beautiful.

Elizabeth — June 12, 2012 @ 12:36 pm

I’m an absolute peanut butter addict.. But I must admit I am wondering if there is some way to incorporate biscoff in place of the peanut butter and say white chocolate chips in place of semi sweet chocolate.. Or keep the semi sweet.. Either way this recipe has a ton of amazing possibilities .. Love the butterscotch peanut butter ones from before by the way.. I’d never been much of a hoarder til I discovered those sensational beasts of a bar, ha

Kelly @ Laughter, Strength, and Food — June 12, 2012 @ 12:41 pm

I’m pretty sure I need these now. Like right.this.second.

Breezy — June 12, 2012 @ 12:43 pm

This totally goes with my whole Reese’s S’mores addiction I’ve been feeding. Now I don’t even need a fire!

Katie — June 12, 2012 @ 12:59 pm

My 6-year-old daughter just RAN over from the kitchen table screeching, “You HAVE to pin those on Pinterest!” Done and DONE.

Tracy — June 12, 2012 @ 1:15 pm

I see these being made with SunButter in the very near future! Love that they are no-bake, too!!

Katie — June 12, 2012 @ 2:05 pm

Look how jam packed that pot is with gooey goodness!! I can’t even stand it.

ellenbcookery — June 12, 2012 @ 2:42 pm

WOW! These look amazing. Nice photos!

Liz @ Tip Top Shape — June 12, 2012 @ 2:59 pm

These look so insanely delicious!!! Love them!

Jenna — June 12, 2012 @ 3:39 pm

Ahem.

Where’s the bacon?

Kate — June 12, 2012 @ 3:40 pm

Eff me. Are you KIDDING???? Gah. ::faint::

Hilary — June 12, 2012 @ 3:46 pm

This is too funny that you posted a s’more recipe today. I was just talking to a friend that went camping over the weekend and rather than using the typical candy bar as the chocolate piece, they used a Reece’s peanut butter cup! Best. Camping. S’more. Ever.

Meagan @ A Zesty Bite — June 12, 2012 @ 3:52 pm

Thank you Thank you Thank you for cheating on us today! I believe recreating an original recipe or doing something different to it makes it just as good or even better. This is a winner!

joelle (on a pink typewriter) — June 12, 2012 @ 3:57 pm

These look freakin’ amazing. Thank you!

Alice — June 12, 2012 @ 4:46 pm

Yay! Thank you for posting these! I love smores, but don’t have a backyard for a fire so these are AMAZING. Also, I may have eaten unmelted smores the other night… by myself….late at night…with Reeses’ cups instead of Hersheys…. I’m that girl.

Joy — June 12, 2012 @ 5:19 pm

Those look so good!

ecan — June 12, 2012 @ 5:24 pm

know any good recipes for banana boat treats?
    they are similar in that they are also good around a campfire.
    nice blog!

1. Pingback: Several Pieces of News. Some Involving Bacon. | Next Stop, Latvia

2. Pingback: no-heat sweets « trendypotluck

3. Pingback: No Bake Peanut Butter Crack –

4. Pingback: フレドリックス東 » Peanut Butter S’mores

5. Pingback: Peanut butter s’mores | Shanna Like Banana's Blog

6. Pingback: ode to s’mor- i mean, summer | O to the No

7. Pingback: Have S’more for National S’mores Day! | Farm Flavor

8. Pingback: Favorite Summer Recipes : Yes, I want cake.

9. Pingback: Peanut Butter Smores Squares « « TodaysMama TodaysMama

10. Pingback: Sometimes S’mores | told.in.vain

11. Pingback: 60+ Peanut Butter Desserts - Something Swanky

12. Pingback: 20 S’Mores Recipes

13. Pingback: More Than a S’more {Easy Oven-Broiled S’mores + 104 S’more Variations!} | Food Your Way

14. Pingback: Mary Dimino: It’s Not the Bad Food That Gets Me, But the Good Desserts | Business news

15. Pingback: 13 S'mores Recipes! | How Sweet It Is

16. Pingback: Weekend Fun = The Daily, Barre + Super Bowl Snacks

17. Pingback: 15 Easy Homemade No Bake Desserts

18. Pingback: S'mores Recipe Roundup - 365ish Days of Pinterest

19. Pingback: More Than a S’more {Easy Oven-Broiled S’mores + 104 S’more Variations!}