Sooooo. Remember early last week when I pretended my name was Alex and had a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day(ssss)?

Peach, Bacon + Gouda Grilled Cheese Sliders on Pretzel Bread I howsweeteats.com

And the only thing saving me was putting peaches in my grilled cheese?

Yeah.

I ate a bunch of these grilled cheeses and felt ten million times better.

Peach, Bacon + Gouda Grilled Cheese Sliders on Pretzel Bread I howsweeteats.com

Let me lay it all on the table for you:

Food is my drug. In the best way ever. And when my husband is away and I have to be a real adult about things instead of getting in my pajamas at 4PM – (or let’s be serious here, not getting OUT of my pajamas until 4PM) – and watching chick flicks ’til I pass out on the couch, wake up absolutely starrrrrving at 11:13PM, and proceed to take down one third of a bag of peanut butter pretzels… I rely heavily on my drug. It’s the time when I get to eat whatever I want, whether it’s a meat-free kale salad (yeah right) or a bacon-heavy carbonara (more than likely).

And all of the above is my very strong argument for grabbing two pretzel loaves at the grocery store the weekend before, when I knew it would be just me and me alone. I sensed they would come in handy when I was relishing in my alone time.

Peach, Bacon + Gouda Grilled Cheese Sliders on Pretzel Bread I howsweeteats.com

Oh!

Please take note of my very tan hand.

Peach, Bacon + Gouda Grilled Cheese Sliders on Pretzel Bread I howsweeteats.com

No, really. That is me being tan. I’m not joking. Wish I was. That is me, in JULY, after at least 2-3 days per week of being in the sun for about 2-3 months. And let’s not confuse it with a beautiful peaches-n-cream complexion or anything. This is the I’m-so-pasty-you-can-see-my-viens-and-yucky-pink-undertones complexion. This better pay off for me in like 40 years. Or else I want a skin refund.

But besides that, it would be in your best interest to make another grilled cheese with fruit in it, especially if it’s on pretzel bread. Because then, it’s uh… like you’re eating a soft pretzel with cheese and bacon and peaches. And who doesn’t want that?

Peach, Bacon + Gouda Grilled Cheese Sliders on Pretzel Bread I howsweeteats.com

Peach, Bacon + Gouda Grilled Cheese Sliders on Pretzel Bread

Yield: makes 8 sliders

Ingredients:

2 pretzel baguettes, each sliced into 8 equal rounds
8 ounces gouda cheese, sliced into 16 squares
4 slices thick-cut bacon, cooked and cut into pieces
2 peaches, sliced
3-4 tablespoons butter

Directions:

Assemble sliders by placing a slice of cheese on top of the bread, followed by bacon and peaches, then another slice of cheese on top to act as “glue.” Heat a skillet or griddle over medium-low heat, butter both outsides of the bread and place on skillet, cooking for 4-5 minutes on each side until golden brown and cheese is melty. Serve immediately!

Note: you can obviously use regular baguettes, or even a loaf of pretzel bread or pretzel buns.

Peach, Bacon + Gouda Grilled Cheese Sliders on Pretzel Bread I howsweeteats.com

I think this is breakfast.

81 Responses to “Peach, Bacon + Gouda Grilled Cheese Sliders on Pretzel Bread.”

Liz — July 27, 2012 @ 7:01 am

LOVE this grilled cheese variety! Hope you keep feeling better.

Jenny @ BAKE — July 27, 2012 @ 7:02 am

Pretzel bread sounds amazing! I wish we got it in the UK. I love this sandwich idea, sweet and salty together is such a winning combo!

Kristen @ notsodomesticated — July 27, 2012 @ 7:11 am

Wow! So simple, yet so awesome!

P.S. I don’t get tan, either. I feel your pain.

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers — July 27, 2012 @ 7:35 am

I haven’t seen pretzel brad in a baguette, just round rolls. Your sandwich looks and sounds amazing!!! What a great combination of flavors. O’m on the search for pretzel baguette!

Lauren at Keep It Sweet — July 27, 2012 @ 7:38 am

Um, I’ll take all 8.

The Mrs @ Success Along the Weigh — July 27, 2012 @ 7:55 am

*faint*

Jen — July 27, 2012 @ 8:10 am

Pretzel baguette! Wow I’m going to be sure to find some next time I’m in Pittsburgh. Luckily I can find pretzel rolls and pretzel logs locally…after a trip to Germany last year I’m postively addicted. I think I might be heading to the grocery store after work to try these out…I’ll call it a pregnancy craving.

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat — July 27, 2012 @ 8:13 am

Ok, I need to track down some of this pretzel bread you speak of!! And I feel ya on not being overly tanned… for some reason, and it doesn’t matter how much time I spend outside, it seems that my legs will not go a shade past pasty this summer. I used to be golden brown in the summer as a kid! I guess I blame it on spending 8 hours/day in an office…… now THAT is an adult problem! Can I join you for some chick flicks?

Anne Marie — July 27, 2012 @ 8:14 am

this looks amazing!

Amber — July 27, 2012 @ 8:42 am

I wonder can I make pretzel bread by using your pretzel roll recipe? Would that work?

• Jessica — July 27th, 2012 @ 8:43 am

I think that it definitely would!

Lynne @ 365 Days of Baking — July 27, 2012 @ 8:51 am

LOL “skin refund”.
    Pretzel bread?! I have never even seen that in our grocery stores! Pittsburgh must be ahead of the times.
    Hmmmm…now I’m REALLY wanting to make me some pretzels!

Ali @ Gimme Some Oven — July 27, 2012 @ 8:59 am

LOVE this combination! I’ve seen pretzel rolls but need to find some baguettes. Looks delish!

Cait's Plate — July 27, 2012 @ 9:03 am

I LOVE this idea. There is really nothing better than pretzel bread. Until you add cheese. And bacon. You’re a genius.

Also? Peanut butter pretzels are pretty much the most addicting thing on the planet. There is no “not finishing the entire bag in 2 days” – unless you finish it in one. That’s the only exception.

Jen @ Savory Simple — July 27, 2012 @ 9:07 am

What a delicious sandwich!!!

JulieD — July 27, 2012 @ 9:11 am

I need to find pretzel bread stat!! This looks amazing!! No comment on the pjs 4pm thing. ;)

Stacy — July 27, 2012 @ 9:12 am

Made the grilled cheese with roasted strawberries, brie and chocolate for our Women’s Wine Club. They LOVED it. Starting a grilled cheese with fruit in it trend? Yup. You betcha! Thanks for the inspirations.

Kate @FramedCooks — July 27, 2012 @ 9:16 am

First of all, right there with you on the savage tan. I’m a redhead and, well, you know. Second and more importantly….grilled cheese and peaches and BACON? Heaven and genius and oh my goodness! Thanks for opening up all new grilled cheese vistas for me!

Meagan @ A Zesty Bite — July 27, 2012 @ 9:17 am

I don’t get very tan either. Actually right now I could pass as albino – seriously! This sandwich looks delicious!!!!!

Ashley — July 27, 2012 @ 9:22 am

Pretzel bread??? Peaches??? Grilled cheeeese!? Ahhhhhhhh

Erin @ The Food Doctors — July 27, 2012 @ 9:52 am

Sounds like you and I have the same skin. Ba!

Kathy@SugarRushBaking — July 27, 2012 @ 10:02 am

MERCY!!, that sounds good.

AsAverb — July 27, 2012 @ 10:07 am

Uhmmmmm yes please!! Throw a fried egg on it & it could totally “qualify” as breakfast!

Kelsey @ K&K Test Kitchen — July 27, 2012 @ 10:07 am

oh my this sounds delicious! i made a similar sandwich the other day – peaches, proscuitto and manchego (left over from my bachelorette viewing party!). so yummy!

Devon | The Food Bitch Blog — July 27, 2012 @ 10:17 am

I LOVE PRETZEL BREAD!

That is all.

sally @ sallys baking addiction — July 27, 2012 @ 10:19 am

Yep, I’m loving this grilled cheese + fruit trend. Adding bacon and pretzel bread… is well, pure heaven. The only thing better may be peanut butter pretzels but those things are in a world of their own. Love this post AND these pics Jessica!

The Meaning of Me — July 27, 2012 @ 10:40 am

This looks too good to be true. Definitely a good one for a day when the Husband is not home – he’d never go for it. Saving it for a girls’ night!

Anna @ Crunchy Creamy Sweet — July 27, 2012 @ 10:46 am

…pretzel bread… mmm…..

HeatherChristo — July 27, 2012 @ 10:49 am

I mostly just wear sweat pants every day all day, so I sympathize. You are absolutely crushing me with things like banana cake and grilled cheese. I am going to be in trouble at the store this morning…

Sarah — July 27, 2012 @ 11:02 am

These look so good. We just made grilled cheeses with peach, bacon, and fontina cheese. It was so good!

allie@sweetpotatobites.com — July 27, 2012 @ 11:10 am

i love pretzel bread! sandwiches are always better on pretzel bread.

Heather (Heather's Dish) — July 27, 2012 @ 11:20 am

nate and i were just talking about how pretzel bread is basically the best thing in the world. i’m thinking this might just be a close second…

ellenbcookery — July 27, 2012 @ 11:49 am

Oh sweet! I love it!

Rachel — July 27, 2012 @ 12:32 pm

I have never seen the baguette, but the rolls work, just slice the top and bottom off so there is a surface to grill =)

Averie @ Averie Cooks — July 27, 2012 @ 1:04 pm

Perfect looking grilled cheese! I love the size & the peaches in them!

Chels R. — July 27, 2012 @ 1:09 pm

That looks like a bite of heaven!

Dixie — July 27, 2012 @ 1:23 pm

I’ve never seen peaches and cheese, but if it’s anything like the experience you get with apples and cheese, I’m in! I saw someone comment above about your pretzel roll recipe, and they look like the perfect little pretzel buns to make sliders, you think? Can’t wait to try it!

Eileen — July 27, 2012 @ 1:31 pm

Peach, gouda, and bacon? OH MY. And as another extremely pale & burn-prone lady, I salute you for not actually being sunburned. :)

Christina @ ovenadventures — July 27, 2012 @ 1:34 pm

This totally sound weird and strange but totally would be AWESOME.

Olivia — July 27, 2012 @ 1:39 pm

I like this post for two big reasons: firstly, that sandwich. Holy yum. Secondly, I honestly thought I was the ONLY person left in the world who isn’t tan. I could spend hours outside and still come back a blindingly pale! You’re not alone!

Ashley @ Wishes and Dishes — July 27, 2012 @ 2:06 pm

Mmm I LOVE me some pretzel bread. What a creative looking grilled cheese :)

Anna — July 27, 2012 @ 2:10 pm

Ok….big question…..how do u stay so thin and eat like that! My ass grows just lookin at the pics!

Jennifer — July 27, 2012 @ 2:19 pm

TMI alert but, I’m on my period and now all I want is to eat this.

xo Jennifer

Jessica — July 27, 2012 @ 2:24 pm

I feel a lot better about us getting together now that I know you are of the vampire skin variety too. Nothing worse than being the “pale” one in a sea of sun-kissed bronzies.

Kelly — July 27, 2012 @ 2:33 pm

Oh my gosh!!! This looks amazing…probably one of the best recipes I have seen in a looooooong time!!

Kaelynn — July 27, 2012 @ 3:22 pm

as a pale redhead, I totally hear you on the skin refund. I’d better have freaking gorgeous skin next to my leathery friends in 40 years.
    and this looks delicious.

Michelle @ Brown Eyed Baker — July 27, 2012 @ 3:52 pm

Pretty please tell me where you found loaves of pretzel bread in the ‘Burgh! I need this in my life!

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles — July 27, 2012 @ 4:08 pm

I just brought pretzel buns for the first time a few weeks ago. Officially hooked.
    And I can’t say no to a fresh peach. Or a grilled cheese. Or bacon, for that matter. :-)

Rocky Mountain Woman — July 27, 2012 @ 4:08 pm

I love how your mind works….

Katie @ Blonde Ambition — July 27, 2012 @ 5:23 pm

Amen from a fellow pale sista. And amen to putting more fruit in our grilled cheese sandwiches….totally fills them with health.

Kelly — July 27, 2012 @ 9:29 pm

OMG this looks incredible!!

1. Pingback: My picks of the week « soundZtastee

2. Pingback: Better with Bacon - Peach, Bacon & Gouda Grilled Cheese... | THE DAILY BACON

3. Pingback: ArKi Donuts

4. Pingback: Grilled Cheese with Peaches, Tallegio, and Sopresata | livelovepasta

5. Pingback: 32 Melty, Gooey, Savory, Fruity, and Just Plain Over-the-Top Grilled Cheese Sandwiches | Kitchen Treaty

6. Pingback: Peach Bacon and Gouda Grilled Cheese | Cooking Pics