1. If you’d like to learn more about my journey with blogging, the wonderful Mary of Where’s the Zoom shared a mini-interview she did with me regarding women being their own boss. She rocks. I probably sent her responses with loads of typos.

2. See that dish up there? It’s blueberry duck confit with blue cheese risotto and blueberry coulis. Definitely one of the best things I’ve ever eaten in my life. Might have eaten at that place four times in six days. Also might have just replaced the “u” in duck with “i” accidentally. Thankfully my eyes work today.

3. I went to sleep last night praying to wake up as Gabby Douglas or Ali Raisman. To say I’m obsessed with them is quite the understatement. It even makes up for the time that my Hungarian coach sat on my butt to make me get all the way down in my straddle split. Barf.

4. Olympic diving? Loving it. But I just don’t have a detailed eye to see this stuff. It’s such an optical illusion. I’ll see a synchronized dive and be like “OMG! They did so well! It was perfect!” only to hear the crazy ass commentators say how terrible it was. Then I see another synchronized dive and conclude that it was not as synchronized as it should be, and the commentators go wild. Lesson learned: no Olympic judging in the cards for me. Whomp whomp.

5. I misspelled synchronized all three times up there. It’s a miracle that spelling was always my best subject in school. What does this say about me?

6. My family has had an obsession with hot fudge milkshakes since back in the day, and I mean back in the day before Dairy Queen offered shakes and blizzards in ten million weird combinations. Now… I can add roasted strawberries to it? Yes, I think so. And speaking of strawberries, I’m having a miiiiinor freakout over these pancake skewers. What?

7. I’m eating lunch right now, and just took my first bite. Turns out I put hot chili salt on my food instead of regular salt. Wasn’t paying attention. Think I might die.

8. It’s official. I’m currently planning the wedding of face baby and this baby.

9. A few times on vacation, I had my own happy hour of microwave s’mores and wine, because I was too impatient to wait for s’mores by the fire at night. Am I a product of the Me Generation of what? Sickening.

10. The best part of vacation was not the beers on the beach or the wine in the afternoon or the multiple ice cream cones I ingested daily. Or wait. Maybe it was. But really… it was each morning after I did a workout of some sorts, I’d push all the furniture on the porch (which faced the lake) to the side, place my yoga mat down and do a make-shift practice of my own in the fresh air while looking at the blue water. It really was the best thing in my life, ever.

11. As someone who has suffered terribly from “the Sunday blues” since I was kid, it’s like this was written just for me.

12. Missing Girls like whoa, but this parody that my friend Jess sent me is the best I’ve seen. Hi.Larious.

13. Fact: number 17 people. Read it, live it.

14. Apologies for the word-heavy post, but I think I shared enough pictures yesterday. I just have so much to saaaaaay. Like how I’m planning full meals around my remaining bag of salt water taffy.

61 Responses to “Tuesday Things.”

Katie — July 31, 2012 @ 4:12 pm

Ahh! Everytime I see face baby on instagram, I think how I need to make friends with his mama so we can get our babies together. It’s a long trip for a playdate…but I’m pretty sure it would be worth it. Just for the faces and the pictures.

Karly — July 31, 2012 @ 4:15 pm

I love your Tuesday Things and am feeling extra super special that you linked to my milkshake. Thank you.

Jessica — July 31, 2012 @ 4:18 pm

S’mores and wine…hmm might have to try that one ;)

Amy @Macncheesenpeas — July 31, 2012 @ 4:21 pm

omg I whole-heartedly support the union of face baby and baby a!! what amazingly cute squishy crazy faced babies they’d produce!

Cookbook Queen — July 31, 2012 @ 4:38 pm

I’m planning meals around Snyders Sourdough Pretzels and Cheez Whiz. True Story.

Also. Microwaves S’mores? I’ve been doing it all wrong!!

Jessica — July 31, 2012 @ 4:38 pm

“I just wanna, like, hang out my friends all the time… and do like, really cool stuff…” Best. parody.ever.

Ericka @ The Sweet Life — July 31, 2012 @ 4:50 pm

Haaa that Girls parody was awesome. They totally hit on everything perfectly. I feel like my vision is being limited because I get in fights with my friends sometimes. I seriously need this show to make more episodes stat!

tracy — July 31, 2012 @ 4:51 pm

Oh girl!!! So honored that I inspire you. YOU INSPIRE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lauren — July 31, 2012 @ 4:52 pm

I just died at the 10 Pros and Cons of Sunday. So true. Personally, I like to watch “10 Things I Hate About You” or “Failure to Launch” for the billionth time. Potato, pot-Ah-to.

IDK My BFF Jes — July 31, 2012 @ 5:05 pm

I loved your interview!

I try to be a grownup, but I don’t really like wine…unless it is so sparkling and fruity that it tastes like juice. I might try my S’mores with some welches sparkling grape juice though!

Can’t wait to watch the Girls parody! Miss that show so much.

Kati @ The Ivey League — July 31, 2012 @ 5:12 pm

Ha. I like the BONUS! That’s how I feel about myself anways…

Jennifer — July 31, 2012 @ 5:22 pm

I love these posts :)

xo Jennifer

Jessica @{Chic Sugar} — July 31, 2012 @ 5:22 pm

Totally agree about the Sunday blues!

Laura @FoodSnobSTL — July 31, 2012 @ 5:23 pm

I just wanted to say that I love Tuesday Things. I look forward to it each week.

Amanda N — July 31, 2012 @ 5:43 pm

Perfect match between Face Baby and Adrienne!

You posted so many s’mores pictures lately I don’t think I can resist anymore. I think I need to make a trip to the store… And loving the Thought Catalog, thanks for a new way to waste hours of my life :)

Megan — July 31, 2012 @ 5:50 pm

Apparently typos don’t mean you can’t spell…people have their own typos (as in they usually misspell a word in the same way) that have nothing to do with actual ability to spell correctly. That may or may not be true, but it makes me feel better about misspelling the same words all the time! (since I’ve always been an excellent speller)

Jess in Indy — July 31, 2012 @ 5:59 pm

umm, #4?? my life. i was getting so excited about some of the dives only to hear how awful their scores ended up being. what?

and i became obsessed with thought catalog about a month ago. it’s like every single post was written about me!! so good.

Bianca @ South Bay Rants n Raves — July 31, 2012 @ 6:06 pm

Loved the interview! I’ve been gone for a while but happy to be reading your blog again.

Sara — July 31, 2012 @ 6:08 pm

I feel like you stuck number 13 on here with me in mind. Thanks, lady :)

Katie @ Blonde Ambition — July 31, 2012 @ 6:17 pm

That spoof is golden!!

Madeleine @ Teenie Baker — July 31, 2012 @ 6:33 pm

When I Was in France this month, I had duck with fig sauce…it was heavenly! I have a new-found love of duck.

Andrea @ The Skinny Chronicles — July 31, 2012 @ 6:42 pm

Oh I wish I’d go to bed and wake up as one of those Olympic gymnast girls too!

AliG — July 31, 2012 @ 6:51 pm

The Sunday Blues are horrible!! Watching tv movies does help…

Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots — July 31, 2012 @ 7:24 pm

oh my I love #17, new motto!

Maria — July 31, 2012 @ 7:53 pm

Absolutely ADORED your interview. You, are, super fab. You go Glen Coco!

Averie @ Averie Cooks — July 31, 2012 @ 7:54 pm

I havent watched 1 second of Olympics…whoops!

Chelsy — July 31, 2012 @ 7:58 pm

Ummmmm # 17…word.

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — July 31, 2012 @ 8:13 pm

1. I do the same thing with diving (I won’t even attempt to spell that “s” word)
    2. Baby A and Face Baby would make some expressive children.

Liz @ Tip Top Shape — July 31, 2012 @ 9:09 pm

I was all excited for the Olympics and then proceeded to not only miss opening ceremonies, but to not watch any of the competitions. I don’t know what’s wrong with me. lol

Sabrina — August 1, 2012 @ 2:51 am

WHEN and WHERE can I order your novel?!?! I. totally. need. you. to. write. a. book. That would be life-changing.

Robert L Dolan — August 1, 2012 @ 7:48 am

In Jessicas Blog interview, it seems odd to see not one credit given to the husband who supports her decisions and encourages her efforts. Has this attempt at fame become so self-focused as to make a ‘thank you’ politically incorrect?

• Jessica — August 1st, 2012 @ 9:44 am

Clearly you did not READ the interview, considering the last question’s answer.
      And to my readers: this person is an estranged family member of my husband’s who has absolutely zero contact with us and has caused nothing but trouble. However, he finds the time to inappropriately harass me daily, someone he has met probably 3-4 times. Don’t bother engaging him.

• katie — August 1st, 2012 @ 10:28 am

wait im confused… jessica thanked her husband! it was right in the interview?

• Cara — August 1st, 2012 @ 12:18 pm

It looks like Robert stopped at, “because she’s like MAJOR big time” and used that against Jessica. From reading the rest of her interview, fame doesn’t even enter her thoughts, she is all about connecting with her readers. Saying that her husband is her biggest supporter (when she was asked who her biggest supporter in the industry is) just proves he didn’t even read the interview. Keep doing what you love, Jess, your blog inspires me every day!

• Jacob — August 1st, 2012 @ 4:43 pm

If you ask me a question about a cookie, my answer will undoubtedly involve cookies. This interview was clearly focused on Jess’ success in her blogging career and, rightfully so, involved questions and answers that pertained to her job. Despite this focus (and the subsequent absence of questions directly related to her personal support system), Jess STILL found a way to give credit to her husband for providing a sense of balance and support in her hectic-yet-wildly-successful endeavors. She also credits her readers. Although, perhaps you’re on to something after all, Robert – she didn’t credit any of us by name. How rude! :oP

• jake — August 6th, 2012 @ 5:02 pm

wow. richard dolan is quite the crazy nut. dude needs a serious life. apparently he’s also dumb as shit and can’t read. keep doin what you’re doin jessica! i made my wife your sesame salmon that i found on pinterest and she loved it. you get me serious points.

Julie — August 1, 2012 @ 8:52 am

I just remembered I had a dream last night that you and your husband were my neighbors and I just had never put it together that it was you. And then I didn’t want to say anything because I didn’t want to embarass you. Yeah, I’m insane.

• Jessica — August 1st, 2012 @ 10:01 am

That is awesome.

Kelly — August 1, 2012 @ 8:52 am

I love love love your shoes!!! They’re Nike’s right? Which ones? I need need need those in my life. So with you on the Sunday blues thing. I can notice a difference in the sunlight on Sunday evenings and get soooo depressed. It’s even worse during the fall and winter. I LOVE HOT FUDGE MILKSHAKES!!!! I get them at Sonic daily – no joke. In fact I bought stuff to make chocolate milkshakes at home and was totally disappointed. I’m getting me some hot fudge and vanilla ice cream today to get my fix!

• Jessica — August 1st, 2012 @ 10:01 am

They are Nike Free!

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — August 1, 2012 @ 8:56 am

1. We’re completely obsessed with the diving so far. 2. microwaved s’mores remind me of my Gramma in a really awesome way… so they’re totally acceptable :) 3. those shoes are crazy bright ;)

K — August 1, 2012 @ 9:07 am

i loved the interview article!! go you!! :D

Katie — August 1, 2012 @ 10:01 am

I love your “Tuesday Things.” They are so funny and make me laugh! I also read your interview with “Where’s the Zoom,” I enjoyed reading it…XoXo

Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy — August 1, 2012 @ 10:31 am

I’m obsessed with the gymnasts too, and I was never even a gymnast. Is it too late to take on that sport at 24?

• Jessica — August 1st, 2012 @ 10:45 am

Seriously. I ask myself the same thing… except I’m older. Wah!

Emily — August 1, 2012 @ 10:53 am

Just read the interview and yes….I would read ANY fiction book you wrote!

Meagan @ A Zesty Bite — August 1, 2012 @ 10:59 am

When I was watching girls gymnastics last night I kept saying WOW that was really good and then the person would get low scores. Apparently you and I are missing something here!

• Jessica — August 1st, 2012 @ 11:54 am

Seriously.

Em (Wine and Butter) — August 1, 2012 @ 10:59 am

Hi Jess – I just read your interview and it was super inspiring. Not because I neccessarily want to set up my own business.. but just the reminder that have you to approach each day and task with zeal and enthusiasm … not only to succeed, but also just to be happy. There really is no other way. It also reminded me of something I read on another bloggers website, which was along the lines of ‘I work REALLY hard to make it look this easy’. No doubt applies totally to you too! Ps – ive also read some of your archives and I also love your more lifestyle blog posts too! The meal planning ones are awesome. :)

• Jessica — August 1st, 2012 @ 11:54 am

Thank you Em!

JulieD — August 1, 2012 @ 11:01 am

The interview was awesome!! Your passion and your authenticity shines through! Glad to know you and so glad we’re friends! xoxo

Melissa — August 1, 2012 @ 11:17 am

I’m in the market for new sneakers and drool over yours in every photo I see them in! Who makes them?

• Jessica — August 1st, 2012 @ 11:53 am

Nike Free!

Anne Marie — August 1, 2012 @ 2:16 pm

loved that interview!

get it girlfriend!

Victoria @ The Pursuit of Hippieness — August 1, 2012 @ 2:35 pm

True story- yesterday, I was walking home from class and accidentally walked right through the Girls set! They were filming right near my apartment!

Rachel Cooks — August 1, 2012 @ 2:41 pm

Love that you mentioned Dara’s pancake skewers! They were the greatest! So creative. I’m so happy she brought them to my pancake party :)

Meg — August 1, 2012 @ 3:38 pm

Please tell me you are going to write a novel, I will be first in (virtural) line at amazon!

Leigha — August 1, 2012 @ 7:10 pm

I just have to say I’ve turned into a super-fan of your site (been reading everyday for a year now!) and I feel slightly embarrassed that I’ve not commented yet. Yours is THEE only blog that has straight-up made me laugh out loud at least three times a week. I am currently trying to start my own business; it was awesome to read your interview and get more background info on how you started. So, thank you for your humor, eating, pictures, and shares… you rock!

Jenny @ BAKE — August 2, 2012 @ 6:17 am

Awesome interview on where’s the zoom!

Mollie @Sprinkles of Life — August 2, 2012 @ 11:26 am

Love Gabby, too! She moved to the city I live in to train at the gymnastics training center here. My daughter goes to that gym, too. We saw her practicing her beam routine a couple months ago and see Chow almost every week we are there for class.

Chrissy — August 4, 2012 @ 8:59 am

I loved the interview and I’m so happy you’re happy. I’ve been reading your blog for a long time now- exactly 2 years! I found the recipe for your chocolate cobbler the same week you posted it and I’ve been hooked ever since :) And I remember how much you wanted to leave that desk job and how anxious you were when you did it. And look how awesome it worked out :)

I do miss your “life” posts though… I love Tuesday Things, don’t get me wrong, but I’d love to see more full-length entries about one thing because yes, you are just that good!

And I’ll buy your novel. The day it comes out.