I don’t even know what to saaaay.

How To Make Whipped Feta I howsweeteats.com

This whipped feta is single-handedly changing my life. And I mean, like reallyreallyreally changing my life, in ways that include consuming (very small) portions of vegetables along with it because it’s that good. Not like in the when-I was-12-I-stood-outside-of-Limited-Too-in-a-mint-and-navy-flannel-pleated-plaid-skirt-being-a-“model” type of way. That really didn’t take me… anywhere. Fortunately.

For weeks I was inflated with the idea of whipped feta. I have no idea why; I don’t know where I saw it, read about it or heard of it, but I certainly never tasted it and wasn’t really sure that it was a thing. Thank goodness it’s a thing.

How To Make Whipped Feta I howsweeteats.com

You know where I actually think the thought came from? Crumbled feta is a pain. I mean, it’s a delicious pain, but it’s so, well, crumbly that if it’s inside a pita or on top of a pizza, it rolls right off. The crumbles crumble into even tinier crumbles. Even on a salad, it’s nearly impossible to stab each little chunk of feta with a fork and who is going to eat a salad with a spoon? Exactly.

Enter whipped feta. OMG. It is, in two words, freaking awesome.

How To Make Whipped Feta I howsweeteats.com

As you can clearly see, I slathered it on toast. If I’m being perfectly honest, this is the way I ate almost the entire batch. So simple. So creamy and fabulous! I can’t take it. Ugh. And so much flavor.

I attempted the recipe three different ways: with regular cream cheese, whipped cream cheese and Greek yogurt. The whipped cream cheese easily won out. Maybe I’m just a sucker for anything whipped, but oh well. It’s just… yes.

How To Make Whipped Feta I howsweeteats.com

Perhaps my favorite thing about this whole mess is that you can flavor it any way you like. With just these two ingredients, it tastes like… creamy feta. Mine did not need any additional seasoning, but you make the call. You could add roasted red peppers or a ton of herbs. You could even make this incredible dip into a whipped version, which is definitely at the top of my to-do list. You can add it to a salad or soup – heck, even spread it on pizza or use it like hummus. And the best part is that right after whipping? It’s sort of warm and super spreadable. But it’s just as great coming out of the fridge too.

Okay. What I’m really trying to say is that your Wednesday should be consumed by this activity. Whip your feta.

How To Make Whipped Feta I howsweeteats.com

How To Make Whipped Feta

Yield: makes about 3/4 cup

Total Time: 5 minutes

Ingredients:

8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled and at room temperature
3 ounces whipped cream cheese, at room temperature

Directions:

Add crumbled feta to a food processor and pulse until small crumbs remain. Add in cream cheese and puree for 4-5 minutes, scraping down the sides when necessary, until feta is super creamy. Serve as desired.

I topped mine with roasted tomatoes, fresh herbs and roasted garlic oil.

[adapted from ina garten]

How To Make Whipped Feta I howsweeteats.com

Whip it good.

214 Responses to “How To Make (Amazing!) Whipped Feta.”

Lyndsay @ Where the heart is — February 13, 2013 @ 7:58 am

Looks amazingggggg!

Noelle (@singerinkitchen) — February 13, 2013 @ 7:59 am

I HAVE to try this…..oh my goodness. Like STAT!

Lauren at Keep It Sweet — February 13, 2013 @ 8:00 am

Um, how much did I love being a Limited Too model? Those were the days…

I’ll take all of this.

Rachel Cooks — February 13, 2013 @ 8:07 am

Umm…yes please! Pinning NOW.

Katie — February 13, 2013 @ 8:11 am

o-m-g this looks amazing! What a great idea–I can see what I’ll be making this weekend!

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers — February 13, 2013 @ 8:14 am

Ohhhh, Baby! I love it! You are so right about Feta falling off and crumbling. I am so loving this recipe!! I have been craving a pita sandwich and this will go perfect in ti!! Yum!!!!!!!!!1

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat — February 13, 2013 @ 8:26 am

It’s days like this that I wish I could say I enjoy cheese because your photos just look so freaking amazing!!

Liz @ The Lemon Bowl — February 13, 2013 @ 8:34 am

I want to dive head first into this!!

Holiday Baker Man — February 13, 2013 @ 8:35 am

Pure genius!

Katie L. — February 13, 2013 @ 8:46 am

Oh.my.WORD. This looks uhMAZING. You are a genuis!

Liz @ Tip Top Shape — February 13, 2013 @ 8:55 am

This looks delicious!!! Love it!

Damyon — February 13, 2013 @ 9:01 am

Great photographs. Well lit.

Ali @ Peaches and Football — February 13, 2013 @ 9:02 am

I have to admit, the whipped feta is beyond words. In the stores, feta usually is in some plastic container filled with yellowish liquid (whey, water, etc… I’m guessing) and it always looked so unappetizing. This, however, looks like a party waiting to happen. Crackers are begging for a topping like this! Mmmm

Annie @ What's Annie Making? — February 13, 2013 @ 9:05 am

Ummmm what the what?!?! You can do that? I think I need to go buy a Costco size tub of feta immediately.

Stephanie @ Plain Chicken — February 13, 2013 @ 9:10 am

I MUST try this ASAP!

Simply Life — February 13, 2013 @ 9:15 am

oh I love this idea!!!

Brandy — February 13, 2013 @ 9:25 am

Why have I never heard of this? I want to put this on my mediterranean lentils. I can’t eat them right now but it would be nooom-lish!

Lianna — February 13, 2013 @ 9:26 am

This looks amazing! I’d like to try it for a party this weekend, but my food processor is not reliable at the moment. :( Do you think it could be made with either a kitchenaid mixer or an immersion blender? Or some combo of both?

• Jessica — February 13th, 2013 @ 10:46 am

possibly the kitchenaid, but i really don’t think the immersion would do it. however, i should disclose that i’ve never had an immersion blender that i like and have found all of mine worthless! so maybe if you have a really good one, it might work??

Anastasia — February 13, 2013 @ 9:42 am

what bread do you use for all of your “toasts” ?! it always looks so hearty and amazing. want.

• Jessica — February 13th, 2013 @ 10:45 am

it’s called harvest bread and i find it at whole foods.

Brie @ Entrée the Giant — February 13, 2013 @ 9:55 am

Whipped feta?!?! Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?! Need this. Want this.

Tarah — February 13, 2013 @ 10:02 am

Sheer genius. Have you tried this with other cheeses??? Oh the possibilities.

• Jessica — February 13th, 2013 @ 10:44 am

i haven’t, but i’m sure it would work with anything crumbly!

• Amy W — February 13th, 2013 @ 2:21 pm

I hate blue cheese but I could see this being done with blue cheese and dipping chicken wings in it.

• Tarah — February 13th, 2013 @ 3:03 pm

Omg… I thought the exact same thing as my husband’s family is from Buffalo and are chicken wing + bleu cheese fanatics! I much prefer feta, Gorgonzola or goat cheese and am pretty sure I will try them all like this.

Katie — February 13, 2013 @ 10:10 am

i so badly want to live inside your food brain for a day. I am so excited. (ps. can you imagine your crazy feta dip WHIPPED? I’m going for it.)

• Jessica — February 13th, 2013 @ 10:44 am

trust me, it’s all i’ve been able to think about since.

Marisa — February 13, 2013 @ 10:11 am

Looks delicious! Such a good idea. I wonder if it would work with goat cheese as well?

• Jessica — February 13th, 2013 @ 10:44 am

probably!

Carly — February 13, 2013 @ 10:15 am

I love this idea. I made a spread with roasted red peppers, reta, a splash of red wine vinager, a pinch of sugar, and a healthy sprinkle of cayenne. Whip the heck out of it. It’s like heaven in a bowl.

Monique — February 13, 2013 @ 10:21 am

do you have any idea how dangerous this is for me? Like grabbing a spoon and eating the entire thing dangerous.
    i cant wait to try it!

Carly @ Snack Therapy — February 13, 2013 @ 10:24 am

1. I love you.

2. Ltd. 2 was the best. I used to get my “bras” from Limited 2. They had my initial on them. Cuteeee.

Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots — February 13, 2013 @ 10:26 am

what a brilliant idea!!! Love feta and would love it even more that its spreadable!

Bev @ Bev Cooks — February 13, 2013 @ 10:27 am

LOVE THIS. I actually have an entire carton of crumbled feta that emptied out into my crisper. Not that I’m going to use that to whip it. Whip it good. I might actually. I should actually.

Ashley — February 13, 2013 @ 10:29 am

So this is pretty hilarious. I made the exact same topping for the savory Greek doughnut in the book. Everyone freaked over this topping! My brother in law told me all he wanted for Christmas was a jar of it…I was like, you realize it is only feta + cream cheese, right? haha :)

Katie — February 13, 2013 @ 10:30 am

WOW, that looks good. It reminds me of a “feta mousse” served in a fancy salad i had while in Greece — no joke! You and the Greeks = geniuses. :)

• Jessica — February 13th, 2013 @ 10:43 am

it is very mousse-like!

Maggie — February 13, 2013 @ 10:31 am

This looks yummy! I have to tell you…Wednesdays are my crappiest days at work, and I think that if I did not get to read your blog, I’d lose my mind! I’ve tried lots of your recipes and they have all gotten great reviews from my boyfriend (with the exception of one wierd fruit grilled cheese…)!

• Jessica — February 13th, 2013 @ 10:43 am

thank you so much for reading!

Living The Sweet Life — February 13, 2013 @ 10:36 am

O,M.G this sounds, drop-everything-youre-doing- DELCIOUS!

Anne @ eatcleaneatreal — February 13, 2013 @ 10:45 am

Holy moly I think that this might change my life. For the better of course ;) I already love feta, and if I can spread it around it would be even better. Im going to be killing some feta on pizza now!

Kelsey K. — February 13, 2013 @ 10:45 am

You’re so right about crumbled feta being a pain! I always want every little bit and it’s impossible! YOU’RE A GENIUS!
    eatwelltraveloftenblog.blogspot.com

Katie — February 13, 2013 @ 11:01 am

This looks so good. I also have a serious feta addiction. One of my favorite restaurants have a creamy feta dressing that is pretty similar to this. I’ll have to try it soon.

Julie — February 13, 2013 @ 11:01 am

Wow. Paleo restricts me to normally just oogling all your beautiful photos, but I can actually eat this. SO pumped.

Meghan @ The Tasty Fork — February 13, 2013 @ 11:03 am

This looks sooo awesome!! Right up there with your avocado toasts! I’d rather have savory breakfast any day.. well, unless french toast is involved. Heck, I’ll have both!

Little Kitchie — February 13, 2013 @ 11:32 am

I saw this on Ina’s show a couple weekends ago and have been dreaming about it ever since! Yours looks absolutely beautiful!!

I know you said the whipped cream cheese was the best combo, but just curious… how did the Greek yogurt version come out? Asking because I have a ton of Greek yogurt and feta that need to be used in the next few days…

Kacy — February 13, 2013 @ 11:51 am

Dying. I ate my weight in Cava’s crazy spinach dip last night, and now I want a vat of this please.

Morgan — February 13, 2013 @ 12:05 pm

Completely obsessed with this idea! I’m imagining a white pizza topped with the creamy feta, roasted tomatoes, fresh basil and capers. YUM! Thanks for sharing :)

Annie @ Annie's City Kitchen — February 13, 2013 @ 12:08 pm

GAH. I would slather that on a bagel in a heartbeat.

More importantly, I was a Limited Too “model” too!! I was covered in denim from head to toe and it was basically the greatest moment of my life. My mom took four million pictures so there’s no pretending it didn’t happen.

Shaina — February 13, 2013 @ 12:16 pm

What a gorgeous lunch or appetizer, Jessica. I need this in my life.

Kari@Loaves n Dishes — February 13, 2013 @ 12:16 pm

I wish I knew about this a couple of weeks ago. I made the yummiest sandwich, but the dang feta kept falling out. L.O.V.E!

Melissa @ Treats With a Twist — February 13, 2013 @ 12:49 pm

Holy yes! My big Greek family likes to set out hunks of Feta, and I love it, but have trouble holding it onto whatever I’m shoving down my gob…this is an amazing solution! I like the way you think woman ;)

Chloe @Ergo-Blog — February 13, 2013 @ 12:58 pm

I have to try this!!!

Megan {Country Cleaver} — February 13, 2013 @ 1:02 pm

Let me pick my jaw up off the floor. This has me dreaming of some serious whipped cheesey varieties. And my jeans are expanding as I type. I love you.

deva at deva by definition — February 13, 2013 @ 1:05 pm

Such a great idea – and I would probably eat the whole batch with a spoon. Not gonna lie.

Julie — February 13, 2013 @ 1:13 pm

OMG wow! This is simply amazing!

Averie @ Averie Cooks — February 13, 2013 @ 1:27 pm

Im loving the props and photo shoot especially today! The wood surfaces, the colors, the wood bowl, the butter (feta!!) knife..the pop of color on those tomatoes. MMmmm, delicious post in every sense!

Meg — February 13, 2013 @ 1:54 pm

I think my life is now complete.

1 2 3

1. Pingback: [I Love] Fridays V | Eggs, Flour, & Oil

2. Pingback: Friday links « Whitbull

3. Pingback: To the slopes I go…

4. Pingback: Sunday Funday | Crisduh

5. Pingback: Bean Bytes 25

6. Pingback: Links: Whipped Feta, Useful Tools, and Sponge Custards - Food in Jars | Food in Jars

7. Pingback: My Month as Martha: Part 14 |

8. Pingback: February 17, 2013 | Rhino Design Works

9. Pingback: web-jaunt… | blah blah birds

10. Pingback: Friday Finds

11. Pingback: MEANWHILE ON THE INTERNET

12. Pingback: Homemade Roasted Garlic Oil | How Sweet It Is

13. Pingback: Feta cremosa spalmabile - Labna

14. Pingback: Easy Whipped Feta | It's Good to be the Cook

15. Pingback: The Friday Fifteen: March 8, 2013

16. Pingback: Whipped Feta Spread : Magic Bullet Blog

17. Pingback: Monday | poco-cocoa

18. Pingback: Loving this Sunday | By Wilma

19. Pingback: what i ate. | indiejane photography

20. Pingback: Easter Weekend!

21. Pingback: Roasted Garlic Whipped Feta | Make Ahead Mondays

22. Pingback: Ways to Use Whole Roasted Garlic | The Simplified Feast

23. Pingback: How to make {amazing} whipped feta….sooo good!! | Dreamy Blog

24. Pingback: Danapop

25. Pingback: Stylejuicer: Roasted tomatoes with herbs on whipped feta

26. Pingback: Wednesday: Sweet and Savory Links » At Home in Any Kitchen

27. Pingback: Friday Faves From Around the Web | Fit for a Bride

28. Pingback: Whipped Feta | Pintesting

29. Pingback: Chicken Potato Whipped Feta Salad : Yes, I want cake.

30. Pingback: Marinated Greek Chicken Tostadas | How Sweet It Is

31. Pingback: Whipped Feta | Fat Girl Trapped in a Skinny Body

32. Pingback: Five Good Things & Newsy Bits: Friday | justb.

33. Pingback: Whipped Feta | People, Places and Plates Whipped Feta |

34. Pingback: Link Love | Hy-vee Health State of Mind

35. Pingback: Bastille Day | Tasty Belly

36. Pingback: Swoon Eats… Whipped Feta | You Make Me Swoon

37. Pingback: Three New Ways To Eat Feta

38. Pingback: Whipped Feta! | FreidaFroo

39. Pingback: This and that | boskybelle.com

40. Pingback: Whipped Feta | Ellen in the Kitchen

41. Pingback: Veggie (Beet) Burgers | Feeding Joshua

42. Pingback: Recipe Time: The Feta that Keeps on Giving » Caili Helsper Photography

43. Pingback: Roasted Garlic Whipped Feta | Better with Cake

44. Pingback: Miniature Greek Chicken Tostadas | Peonies and Pomegranates

45. Pingback: post-graduation life | twinkles of a twenty something

46. Pingback: Garlic & Basil Whipped Feta

47. Pingback: Greek Tostadas. | the usual bliss

48. Pingback: Grilled Corn + Tomato Crostini with Whipped Roasted Garlic Goat Cheese | How Sweet It Is

49. Pingback: 7 идей для завтраков в январе | Beauty Insider