I am currently in love with 3PM every day.

This has been my afternoon (and pre-yoga!) snack for about two weeks and I still cannot get enough. It’s actually what gets me through my work day and I’m telling you, it even has magic powers. It makes me eat VEGETABLES. Yes. You heard me.

I have always been a milk chocolate kind of girl, but I struck a deal with myself that during the week, I’d try to eat some dark chocolate since it has, uh… antioxidants. You know.

So for awhile, it was a the dark chocolate with almonds. I found that combination to be perfect – tastes super good but also makes me feel good. THEN. I started adding in some of my favorite merlot-soaked cheese (I get this at my favorite local market but Trader Joe’s also has an awesome syrah-soaked parm) and using the ghirardelli cabernet matinee which um OMG tasteslikewine! It’s fabulous and I want to eat an entire bar every single day of my life. Ghirardelli sent me more chocolate than I could ever dream of, but the cabernet is by far my fave.

Which leads to the vegetables. I look forward to this combination of the merlot parmesan, almonds and chocolate-that-tastes-like-wine so much that it makes it a little easier for me to eat things that are not covered in cheese and bacon all day long. Make sense? Things like kale and maybe mushrooms and maybe some butter lettuce too. I know… what a walk on the wild side. Huge for me though. As long as I know that I’m having this snack, it’s all good. It gives me a little energy boost and along with being both sweet and savory, holds me over until dinner so I don’t eat an entire box of cereal – straight outta the box – as I cook said dinner. Which happens all the time.

What I’m trying to say is that I love it, majorly. Have you tried this stuff?

…and yes, it’s obviously delicious with wine.

[this post is sponsored by ghirardelli intense dark chocolate. create your escape here!]

35 Responses to “My Current Favorite Snack.”

Lisa — March 20, 2013 @ 12:20 pm

ALL of it sounds good. Last night at an art class I had a nice bottle of Bogle merlot, some smoked gouda and dry salami. So good.

Kay — March 20, 2013 @ 12:21 pm

Mmm, what a delicious combo!

Heather (Heather's Dish) — March 20, 2013 @ 12:30 pm

I die. I have the same kind of snack every day and it TOTALLY reverses anything bad that’s happened. Magical!

Sharla — March 20, 2013 @ 12:30 pm

Never even heard of it!! thanks for sharing!

beyonce — March 20, 2013 @ 12:48 pm

gross

Christie — March 20, 2013 @ 12:58 pm

LOVE Ghirardelli! Wine flavors? *swoons and faints*

My snack is dark chocolate with dried apricots. To.DIE.for!

Lauren — March 20, 2013 @ 12:58 pm

Delicious. I bet this would be good in the Saltine Cracker Crack… Uhm, toffee? Then top the toffee with cheese. Mmm. Making dinner is a dinner in itself. Totally normal.

allie@sweetpotatobites — March 20, 2013 @ 1:34 pm

love the sweet and savory – dark chocolate, almonds, cheese. a delicious combo! i must seek out this syrah cheese at trader joe’s.

Samantha — March 20, 2013 @ 1:51 pm

That sounds so delicious! I love the mix of sweet and savory! One of my favorite chocolate bars has smoked bacon in it!

<3 Samantha from Blissfully Bossy

elle @ wishingoodluck — March 20, 2013 @ 1:53 pm

Holy cow – I thought I was the only one who had a problem with eating dry cereal right out of the box. I can’t stop myself. Maybe if I had some chocolate though…

Melissa @ Treats With a Twist — March 20, 2013 @ 2:14 pm

Omg! Must have wine chocolate! Love that. And so jealous of you and your supply of it!

Chloe @Ergo-Blog — March 20, 2013 @ 2:14 pm

I didn’t know Ghiradelli comes in cabernet? I have to get some and try this out!! The mixture has to be ever so good!! =)

Katie @ Blonde Ambition — March 20, 2013 @ 2:23 pm

Omg. I was in San Francisco at the Ghirardelli factory this past summer and, had this been released then, I would have for sure bought everything they had. Kind of glad it wasn’t….but now I want to go back :)

Brindi — March 20, 2013 @ 3:03 pm

YES!!! I discovered this treat during Christmastime and I keep a stash of it in my pantry. I’m a huge dark chocolate fan….the darker the better. And this is perfect. I save it for Thursday afternoons with some espresso…I get all excited, and it gives me the extra push I need to get through the day. But I can only do one square and that’s plenty for me…since I’m pretty much opposite you and can’t handle anything too sweet. LOVE!!!!!! LOVE!!!! LOVE!!! By far my favorite chocolate ever <3

Kristin Stone — March 20, 2013 @ 3:03 pm

Oh my word, that sounds amazing! I think I know what the hubs is getting for our anniversary!!!

Lindsay @ The Live-In Kitchen — March 20, 2013 @ 3:15 pm

Sounds awesome! I just found a great balsamic soaked cheese, I bet it would be awesome with chocolate and almonds, maybe some strawberries too!

• Brenda M. — March 21st, 2013 @ 9:50 am

Love this post!!!! Anything to do with cheese is wonderful. And I am going to find that Ghirardelli chocolate. Lindsey, where did you find the balsamic soaked cheese? That ALSO sounds like heaven.

FashionEdible — March 20, 2013 @ 3:48 pm

I love Trader Joes’ selection of cheese. Iberico is a current favorite. I could eat it all day!

suzanne — March 20, 2013 @ 4:05 pm

I have to look for that now!! It’s a mission :)

Chelsea — March 20, 2013 @ 4:48 pm

I can’t even look at this. I need this chocolate. NOW. and If I send you some delciious food of your choosing from Florida will you send me some of that cheese? You name it and it’s yours.

Averie @ Averie Cooks — March 20, 2013 @ 5:13 pm

That cab chocolate of theirs is by far and away my fave in their line as well!

Jess @ Keeping It Real Food — March 20, 2013 @ 5:18 pm

Um, wow. I need some of that wine chocolate ASAP

Holiday Baker Man — March 20, 2013 @ 6:33 pm

A little cheese, some great chocolate, a few good nuts… all that’s missing is a little something with alcohol!

Maria Tadic — March 20, 2013 @ 7:18 pm

That chocolate sounds so good – I haven’t seen it in stores yet. But what a great bar to have as dessert with wine…or just have chocolate and wine for dinner! Sounds good to me!

Nutmeg Nanny — March 20, 2013 @ 7:40 pm

Oh goodness, sounds like a heavenly combination! Loving this.

luv what you do — March 20, 2013 @ 10:30 pm

I haven’t tried that flavor of chocolate yet, but I must! I am totally digging the ginger dark chocolate that I found at WF. It’s amazing!

Kiran @ KiranTarun.com — March 21, 2013 @ 1:11 am

Cheese and chocolate?! Heavenly!!!

Liz — March 21, 2013 @ 6:56 am

WOWZA, I need to try this snack idea.

Alyssa — March 21, 2013 @ 9:39 am

That looks like something I must try! I miss cheese too :-(

sandra — March 21, 2013 @ 12:33 pm

dark is definitely the way to go. I can’t even like milk chocolate ever since I switched to the dark side…

Tieghan — March 21, 2013 @ 9:52 pm

I love their chocolate! Especially their hot chocolate mix! I drink it EVERY morning. No, joke! Love ghirardelli! You are so lucky they are sending you chocolate!

LisaG — March 24, 2013 @ 8:21 am

Love this combination! Im gonna try it. I love chocolate red wine.

I didnt know you practice yoga. Do you still do cardio and weights?

• Jessica — March 24th, 2013 @ 8:41 am