Things I’ve been fascinated with in May. These are them!

These shoes. Enough said. (Here is a link but I bought them on Hautelook a week or two ago for much less. And the color of mine is technically “lavender.”) (P.P.S. it’s like there are sprinkles on my SHOES.)

Speaking of fashion (or according to some of you, perhaps lack there of… ), remember last year when I was obsessed with denim jackets? Well. This year I am obsessed with denim vests. Like the cute ones layered over dresses. I’m a walking denim nightmare. And that’s all I’m going to say about that.

Taco salads. And when I say taco salads, I really mean a small handful of shredded lettuce in a bowl covered with chicken or ground beer/turkey, cheese, chips, salsa, avocado and sour cream. I mean Greek yogurt. No, I mean sour cream.

All week I’ve been watching Behind the Candelabra on HBO – like over and over again. HOLY COW. The acting is just insane. Seriously? You go Matt Damon. Oh and if you know me and my love for Rob Lowe… he is sort of a freakshow in the movie and it’s great. And terrifying. Sidebar: the plastic surgery scenes are horrific. No facelifts for me!

Been freaking out over the new Lady Antebellum CD. I was afraid I wouldn’t like it but uhhh… I adore it. I also can’t stop listening to Treasure by Bruno Mars, Blurred Lines by Robin Thicke and Daft Punk Get Lucky. Okay well… I’m probably sick of them all by now.

I’m still loving Bauble Bar like I mentioned last month, and I adore this obnoxious bracelet from Anthropologie. Arm candy in action.

Trader Joe’s honey roasted sliced almonds. I’ve mentioned these in a few recipe posts but good gosh – they are fabulous. I eat them alone or on top of yogurt, ice cream, salads – everything.

As for books, I’ve still been reading a good bit but am waiting with baited breath for Elin Hilderbrand’s new novel at the end of June. Right now I’m reading Someday, Someday Maybe (<- amazon affiliate link, FYI) by Lauren Graham (the mom from Gilmore Girls!) and enjoying it. Plus, I really love Lauren Graham because um, did you even KNOW that she and Connie Britton were roommates years ago? I can’t even take that. Here are the books I read last month.

This raw coconut water. I still love Zico but this stuff is the best.

Vanilla soft serve sprinkle cones. Get on that.

Any non-makeup stuff that you are loving this month? What about FOOD? I want to talk about FOOD.

37 Responses to “May Favorites: Food + Fun.”

Meghan @ Cake 'n' Knife — May 31, 2013 @ 3:19 pm

OMG I have been obsessed with Blurred Lines. My hubby is sooooooo sick of it! I just can’t help it, I love that song!

Oh and for food – I am obsessed with pineapple salsa, spicy grilled pineapple salsa to be exact. On steak tacos. With tequila. YUM.

Caroline @ Pink Basil — May 31, 2013 @ 3:22 pm

Love those shoes!! And taco salads are the BOMB. Yes, I used a bad cliche, but it holds up in this case :)

Shannon — May 31, 2013 @ 3:27 pm

DYING over those shoes. Straight. Up. DYING.

Adrianna from A Cozy Kitchen — May 31, 2013 @ 3:28 pm

WHAT!!!! I had no idea they were roommates. This is blowing my mind. Because I’m obsessed with Parenthood AND Nashville so I can’t even comprehend that they braided each other’s hairs.

Shelley — May 31, 2013 @ 3:43 pm

FOOD: I’m going to try out your Roasted Strawberry Brown Butter Pancakes this weekend, after a trip to the Farmer’s Market to pick up our CSA share + some fresh strawberries. I think the husband’s head may explode when he finds out what I’m making. He’s a huge fan of strawberries + pancakes [separately], so I’m trying to keep them a secret until Sunday morning.
    NASHVILLE: Umm, my brother casually dropped the fact that he was talking to Hayden P. [he couldn’t say her last name either] a few weeks ago, in a bar in Nashville near his home. Craziness!
    DENIM JACKETS: I tossed out my favorites about a year ago when they got too small. Now I’ve lost a lot of weight + wish I had them back. Recommendations on best places to buy a new one? =]

Beth — May 31, 2013 @ 4:01 pm

Peach milkshakes are back at Chick Fil A. Goodbye bathing suit.

Sarah @ The Cyclist's Wife — May 31, 2013 @ 4:13 pm

Trader Joe’s has coconut oil spray now. Have you tried it yet?

• Jessica — May 31st, 2013 @ 7:17 pm

yes LOVE it! i talked about it in my april faves if you want to know more about it! it’s great.

Lauren — May 31, 2013 @ 4:48 pm

I’m surprised to you don’t get Birthday Cake gelatis at Ritas with sprinkles. It’s like a funfetti EXPLOSION.

I wish DQ would get their cake batter blizzards back. UGH. So good.

Bruno Mars song makes me feel like I’m in a disco!

cindy — May 31, 2013 @ 4:55 pm

I just tried that raw coconut water and loved it! but, Zico is my fave brand that I can buy at my regular grocery store.

Food-wise, I’m in a major rut. but, I’ve been into Noosa and Liberte yogurts for a while…and the young coconut chips from Trader Joe’s are amazing! Also, I just ate waaaaay too many dried Michigan sour cherries…I am obsessed with them.

I recently bought a mint clutch from Coach that I LOVE because if I could pull it off, I’d wear care-bear-my-little-pony pastels head to toe…basically the color of those shoes and gems!

Zainab @ Blahnik Baker — May 31, 2013 @ 5:17 pm

Those shoes are GORGEOUS!!!! I am dying over them.

Cassidy — May 31, 2013 @ 5:31 pm

I cannot handle those shoes omg holy amazing!!!!! i am so jealous that you get to wear those they are fabulous!!!!!!!!
    My obsessions
    Food: Sea Salt Caramel gelato (by talenti Gelato) its so good, ummm lemon baked salmon with roasted cauliflower and asparagus.
    TV: Game of Thrones and Pretty Little Liars season 3 and American Dad
    Books: Game of Thrones, Seal Team Six, and Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
    Clothes: Maxi skirts, Denim Jackets, and Tory Burch sandals. Also been loving neon and anything kinda soft, airy, and bohemian. Now if western washington can actually get some decent weather

Niki — May 31, 2013 @ 5:53 pm

Oh em gee – I watched behind the candelabra this week too and i CAN’T STOP THINKING ABOUT IT. maybe that’s why i’m not a movie gal – i get too obsessed, like to the point where i googled Liberace and Scott Thorson until i had enough info to be satisfied. i think i’ll watch it again this weekend. and i totally agree, the facelift scenes – i hid behind my pillow. scared/obsessive scorpios unite!

i’ve been searching for the perfect denim vest – gap has one i like but i’m not crazy for the color. maybe a sale would sway me…

• Jessica — May 31st, 2013 @ 7:16 pm

omg, the amount of time i spent googling both is asinine. we must be soulmates.

Vicki @ WITK — May 31, 2013 @ 6:03 pm

Vanilla yogurt, sour cherry sauce, chocolate chips. So good. Do it.

chelsy — May 31, 2013 @ 6:36 pm

HARMLESS HARVEST IS THE BEST! Oh, and I too am obsessed w/ those honey roasted almonds…they make for a killer almond butter. BRAD’S RAW KALE CHIPS are my life right now…especially the Pina Kaleada. I also love the Go Raw brand “cookies”…currently eating the gingersnap. T.V. things…what am I not obsessed w/? Real Housewives of O.C., about to be obsessed w/ RH of N.J., Next Food Network Star, Master Chef, Secret Life of the American Teenager (yes, I am totally 13 in a 25 year old’s body). :)

Tieghan — May 31, 2013 @ 7:20 pm

Girl those shoes are insane! And awesome, but I am not sure I would actually have the guts to wear them. I am scaredy like that.

Denim jackest and summer dresses rule! I should know, I lived all last summer in LA at a fashion design school. Trust me they are cute and I am obsessed too! OH and taco salads also rule.

Someday, Someday Maybe sound awesome! I used to LOVE Gilmore Girls and obviously fellin in love with Lauren Graham. I also NEED to find out why and when her and Connie Britton roommates!

As for food, well I could go on and on. Ice cream, summer fruit, burgers, doughnuts, more summer fruit….. Really I could go on and on, but basically it is all summer foods!

Molly @ Baklette — May 31, 2013 @ 7:57 pm

Totally swooning over those shoes, but I would totally break my ankles if I wore them! I love how fun your fashion sense is!! Right there with you on the music! And yes taco salads are great, but with the least amount of emphasis on the salad part! :)

Averie @ Averie Cooks — May 31, 2013 @ 8:21 pm

Those shoes are soooo awesome! congrats! Wear them proudly as I know you will!

Blurred Lines and Get Lucky. Both so catchy and digging both of those tunes, too.

And Baublebar. Dangerous. Love that site!

Lauren — May 31, 2013 @ 9:59 pm

Talenti gelato. It’s phenomenal. Dangerous really.
    DQ chocolate cones with rainbow sprinkles.
    Brad’s raw kale chips. I don’t know who he is or what he’s done to kale chips but they’re incredible.
    The guac dip from Trader Joe’s-the reduced guilt stuff made with greek yogurt? It’s amazing!

Liz — June 1, 2013 @ 6:25 am

Those shoes are killer!

I’m scarred for life after watching “Behind The Candelabra.” Those plastic surgery scenes were so bloody, omg. Oh and I love Rob Lowe, and had to crack up at the makeup he had to wear to look like the surgeon :D

jeri — June 1, 2013 @ 6:46 am

If you like/love sour cream, you should give crema a try. OMG that stuff should be classifid as a controlled substance.

Barb | Creative Culinary — June 1, 2013 @ 9:03 am

You have shoes decorated to match your site; how cute is that?!!

I also have a denim jacket I decorated in the 80’s that is not unlike your shoes. My girls think I should pitch it but never…I just know bejeweled denim is coming back!! (Or maybe I should just send it to you?)

Alyssa — June 1, 2013 @ 9:29 am

Those shoes are great! But look painful for my non-pump wearing feet :-(

Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat — June 1, 2013 @ 10:07 am

Oh…those shoes! I’m think I’m in love…lol!! ;-)

Rebecca — June 1, 2013 @ 10:09 am

OBSESSED with Get Lucky!!! On constant repeat right now. I think I will never get sick of it and such a great song to get the summer mood going.

Nutmeg Nanny — June 1, 2013 @ 11:03 am

Those shoes are fabulous! I love everything from Trader Joes, that store is amazing :)

Michelle H — June 1, 2013 @ 12:00 pm

OMG Those SHOES AH-MA-ZA-ZING!!!

Oh, and I’m totally cracking up. I am pretty sure it’s a typo…but your tacos with the ground beer is hilarious ;-)

nessa — June 1, 2013 @ 10:19 pm

Need. Those. Shoes. Oh, and just about EVERYTHING from Bauble Bar :-)

AJ — June 1, 2013 @ 11:35 pm

Taco salad?!?! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_T8OtRTwBs&noredirect=1

Also – mind blown about Lauren Graham and Connie Britton. Do you think they stayed up at night braiding each other’s perfect hair? Oh, to have been a fly on the wall in that apartment…

Elizabeth @ The Bare Midriff — June 2, 2013 @ 9:50 am

I LOVE Harmless Harvest! I get it as a special treat since I am not in the same tax bracket as those who can afford it as a daily beverage. Sometimes I use it in cocktails or smoothies, too – it gives them a nice refreshing nutty flavor.

Becky Kelly — June 2, 2013 @ 10:32 pm

With all your Trader Joe’s talk in your blog, I’m so excited that there will finally be a TJ opening close to me. Currently the closest one is about 100 miles away. I can’t wait to try all the tasty things they have.

Also, I’m all about your old school playlists. My favorite station on Pandora right now is Summer Hits of the 90’s. FYI: my first CD was the Dangerous Minds soundtrack. My dad took me to one of those huge music stores in the mall and bought it for my birthday. Good times.

Michelle C. — June 3, 2013 @ 6:22 pm

I love your taste in music, but when you mentioned Pandora it made me want to tell you forget Pandora, Spotify it AMAZING!!!! Nothing like Pandora, you put in the song you want to listen to and you get to listen to that song, not a million “just like it”. Hope you try it out if you haven’t. Keep blogging, you give me a smile every time I read it.

Ashley — June 3, 2013 @ 6:43 pm

Jessica – I’ve been obsessed with those shoes ever since I saw them on your post a few days ago! They are gorgeous. Can I borrow them? :)

Susan — June 5, 2013 @ 9:15 am

OMG Taco Salad from Chi-Chi’s. Totally miss that restaurant, JUST for the taco salad.

1. Pingback: Blogging Brain Dump. | How Sweet It Is