Okay. So if you haven’t figured it out already, we are sort of in love with Nantucket.

Can’t event take it. And as I’ve already said a million times, it rained the entire trip – I can’t imagine how in love with the place I’d be had it been sunny.

So we went to Nantucket with Pavan for the Film Festival. I have to believe that it was fate considering a few months ago before any of this transpired I wrote about how much I would love to visit Nantucket and upon tasting a cocktail made with Pavan, fell in love. It could not have been a more perfect trip. [Full disclosure: Pavan paid for our flight + accommodations.]

We were set up in the legacy lounge of the Dreamland Theater all week, where we had a spread of cocktails and the movie-inspired recipes I had throw together last month. Super fun does not even begin to describe it.

Since I wake up at the crack of dawn, we had a chance to take walks in the drizzly rain and be vacation paparazzi. This photo below is a picture my husband got on his iPhone one morning that I love. It’s like a spooky pretend pirate ship. Helllllllo Johnny Depp are you on there?

We had some of the best food I’ve eaten while on the island.

We did our fair share of chip-eating at corazon del mar, and a few of the other places we ate dinner at included Cru (where I had the BEST lobster roll of my life, it was seriously just like lumps of lobster covered in butter and herbs, no mayo, on buttery brioche. I die.), Galley Beach and Club Car. We also ate tons of snacks and sandwiches at a few places, including the straight wharf fish market (the swordfish sandwich was so fresh, simple and amazing), provisions and center street bistro.

ALL.SO.GOOD.

Obviously, I still can’t get over the hydrangeas. Enjoy the photo overload below!

Now don’t you just want to go there?!

[as a side note, I know a lot of you have been asking where you can get Pavan. They are still expanding throughout the US so in the meantime, this is a list of approved online retailers that can ship it if you would like a bottle. I have no affiliation with these places and don't get anything if you purchase Pavan, but I wanted to share since so many of you have inquired:]

Http://www.drinkupny.com
Http://www.astorwines.com

43 Responses to “More Stuff From Our Trip To Nantucket.”

Kelly — July 6, 2013 @ 11:11 am

Nantucket looks absolutely perfect. I am super jealous. Also, I’m obsessed with hydrangeas myself soooo I totally loved those pictures. Actually, lies, I loved all the pictures. Makes me want to go there so badly!

Maureen — July 6, 2013 @ 11:16 am

As a West Coast girl, it is my DREAM to visit Nantucket….it sounds so dreamy {even with all the rain}!

David @ From Ballparks to BBQ — July 6, 2013 @ 11:20 am

I think I need to add the Lobster Roll from Cru to my food bucket list.

Emily — July 6, 2013 @ 11:23 am

Give. Me. Those. CUPCAKES! omg. Looks like such a fun trip! xx

-Emily

Carolyn — July 6, 2013 @ 11:38 am

Wow, what a fun trip. I dream about going there and my. favorite authors Elin . Hildebrand always writes about Nantucket. Favorite book is Blue Bistro. A ust read!!! Cannot wait to see ya soon!!

Carolyn — July 6, 2013 @ 11:39 am

Lobster roll looks awesome answer love all the pics!!

Annie @Annie's City Kitchen — July 6, 2013 @ 11:43 am

That.Lobster.Roll. Ugh.

Also, why do I think of Murder She Wrote when I see Nantucket? I don’t even know if it took place there. But I want to live there and wear sweaters and boots and ride bikes with baskets.

JulieD — July 6, 2013 @ 11:56 am

Looks sooo fun, I love all of the photos! And the dog ones too :)

Larry — July 6, 2013 @ 12:02 pm

Um, what the EFF is that thing covered in peanut butter cups?! A cupcake? Muffin? The only pastry that will grant you entry into Heaven upon your first delicious bite?! I DIE.

Laura — July 6, 2013 @ 12:25 pm

This seriously looks like the perfect, quintessential New England experience. Love all your photos!

Sarah Beth — July 6, 2013 @ 12:27 pm

I’ve wanted to go to Natucket for years and this post just made me want to go even more!!!! Those flowers are to die for to!

Kristen @ notsodomesticated — July 6, 2013 @ 1:00 pm

I am so jealous!! Talk about an amazing trip! :)

Tieghan — July 6, 2013 @ 1:08 pm

Yes, I now need to go there!! You hotos are beautiful have me dreaming of nantucket!

Lori @ RecipeGirl — July 6, 2013 @ 1:57 pm

You will def have to go back when it’s bright and sunny. So much fun to ride bikes around and explore! Did you LOVE all of the flower boxes???

Car — July 6, 2013 @ 3:10 pm

The lobster roll looks like heaven on a roll! Oh and the cupcakes also look amazing!!!

Kayla — July 6, 2013 @ 3:55 pm

All of the pictures. And that peanut butter cup cupcake. Ugh I can’t. Too good.

Averie @ Averie Cooks — July 6, 2013 @ 3:58 pm

Wow – I have always wanted to go and your pics are everything I imagined it would be, and more. I know it takes awhile to get pics like this uploaded and processed, edited, etc and we all appreciate it. Thank you for sharing them all and your trip. This is definitely a bucket list destination!

Emily — July 6, 2013 @ 5:56 pm

Nantucket looks so incredibly beautiful! And all of those food pictures… UGHHH so delicious looking, I want to eat it all! Great photographs!

Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl — July 6, 2013 @ 7:54 pm

Wow….love the shells and boats galore! What is that Reese’s ball looking thing….YUM!! Nantucket looks like an awesome place…. maybe I should add it to my bucket list. ;)

Amy @ Croquet & Cocktails — July 6, 2013 @ 10:14 pm

My husband grew up on the Cape and is all “ehhhhh” about Nantucket whenever I suggest hopping over there. Can you imagine?! One day I’ll get him to take me there! Or maybe I should go without him, with that attitude, who needs him as tour guide!!!

Jura Cullen — July 7, 2013 @ 7:10 am

Lovely photos despite the rain. I had never heard of Pavan until now! Sounds delicious and looks rather like how in England we make up Pimms – another great summer drink though gin based…

Dawn — July 7, 2013 @ 7:48 am

oh. my word. i had a fave pic then i kept looking. what an unbelievable place! and i’ve never tried raw oysters BUT i would try one there. pics are beautiful!

Amanda L — July 7, 2013 @ 9:25 am

I don’t know how you did it but all of your rainy pictures make it look so unbelievably beautiful and romantic that I don’t think it would have been nearly as pretty if it had been sunny. You rock.

Shannon — July 7, 2013 @ 11:33 am

OH my goodness. These photos are just gorgeous and yes, totally make me lust for Nantucket. And now I’m completely hungry. I particularly love the hand painted juice bar sign. That is awesome.

Emily @ Life on Food — July 7, 2013 @ 11:47 am

Beautiful with all the rainy shots. I love Nantucket.

Nessa — July 7, 2013 @ 12:10 pm

The pictures are fabulous!

Katy — July 7, 2013 @ 6:46 pm

Are the blistered serranos eaten alone with lemon? I’m intrigued! First time visitor, and your blog is honestly the first that I actually enjoy the blogging! Your candor and originality are genuine and Imappreciate it! Coming back! Also, excuse the exclamations; promise I’m not yelling. :)

Nikki J — July 7, 2013 @ 6:59 pm

It’s funny, because we also went to Cape Cod! We just got back Tuesday. We stayed in Yarmouth though. And it also rained the WHOLE time we were there. We got one day with about 3 hours of sunshine I think. But honestly, it didn’t matter. We walked the beach in the rain, picked up sea shells, the exact ones you took pictures of, too. We didn’t care. The Cape is beautiful, and I want to go back, and/or live there. :)

Emily — July 8, 2013 @ 3:59 am

Beautiful photography, looks like you had an amazing time regardless of the weather!

Lisa — July 8, 2013 @ 11:43 am

Great pictures – makes me want to visit Nantucket!

Lisa @ Making Lifes Lemons — July 8, 2013 @ 2:27 pm

WOW! Such amazing photos!

xo Lisa
    Making Life’s Lemons

Hillary | Nutrition Nut on the Run — July 8, 2013 @ 4:16 pm

i think I’ve now fallen in love, too.

dervla @ The Curator — July 8, 2013 @ 11:30 pm

Yay looks like you had fun. I love rainy weather so that would have been my dream. I haven’t been to Nantucket, but i edited a book about it, does that count?? I love that kind of easy breezy seaside life.

Katie — July 9, 2013 @ 11:21 am

Inquiring minds want to know… did you eat ice cream at the Juice Bar and if so, what flavor? I *love* that place! (Amaretto chip is my fave!)

Laurie E. — July 9, 2013 @ 4:00 pm

If I win the lottery, I’m going to Nantucket. Looks absolutely amazing- beautiful pictures, as always.

Rosanna — July 19, 2013 @ 7:51 am

Wow, looks amazing. love your photos. Sometimes I think the rain makes everything look prettier!

Brenda @ a farmgirl's dabbles — January 8, 2014 @ 6:15 pm

From your Real Life Wednesday post, I HAD to come over and read about your time in Nantucket. I visited for the first time in September…SO AWESOME! I also ate at Corazon del Mar and CRU, wonderful! If you go back, be sure to get ahold of me for a few more noteworthy suggestions. I went as part of a pork crawl and hit 9 restaurants in 1 afternoon – - – - way too much delicious fun on such an incredible island! So fun to see your photos!!

Amber @ Au Coeur — January 9, 2014 @ 2:35 am

Not sure how I missed this the first time around, but it makes me so homesick! Lovely photos (and isn’t Petticoat Row Bakery to die for???).

1. Pingback: link happy {week of july 1} | the life of

2. Pingback: Real Life Wednesday. | How Sweet It Is

3. Pingback: Real Life Wednesday. – Homegrown Recipes

4. Pingback: Real Life Wednesday. | pinmeplease

5. Pingback: Lobster Polenta Pizza with Sun Dried Cherry Tomatoes | How Sweet It Is