Guacamole Buffalo Chicken Pizza.
Guac twice in one week?! Oh yes we can.
But this time we’re putting it on buffalo chicken pizza. I’m sorry? You’re welcome? I don’t know what to say? I know exactly what to say. And it’s OMG!
Every year around the Super Bowl I post some buffalo wing inspired recipe (hello buffalo chicken beer cheese fondue fries), as if it can only be eaten while watching football or something. Must stem from the old school buffalo chicken dip that was made on Saturdays and Sundays when I was growing up.
These days, we eat buffalo wing things whenever we want. On an embarrassing note, I have made buffalo chicken meatballs, buffalo chicken burgers, buffalo chicken salads, buffalo chicken enchiladas, buffalo chicken chili, buffalo chicken tacos and buffalo chicken pasta. That’s what happens when you blog for nine years. I have never ordered a buffalo chicken pizza out that I end up loving more than my own. Probably because most of them have celery which is 100% the absolute worst.
It will never be okay!
Unless it’s softened in soup or something. Even then, I’ll still pick it out.
My mom makes chicken salad with celery and I want to cry.
Anytime I order a green juice and it takes like celery, I want to toss it!
I petition to have this vegetable banned for life. Even though I bought a pack last week so I could add it into the photographs of this recipe. Millennial forever.
My favoritest ever (yes I said it) buffalo chicken pizza is in Seriously Delish. I’ve shared versions of it here with these buffalo chicken French breads and what not, but never posted the exact pizza! I have a SUPER old buffalo chicken pizza recipe on the blog that some of you still make, but it isn’t anywhere near this. We are talking… REVAMPED. So this is the exact pizza… plus more. Plus guacamole!
WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME.
Here’s the thing.
There is something SO delicious about this combination. The pizza toppings are sort of spicy and hot and the guacamole is creamy and refreshing and cool. It’s the best thing ever.
For years, I’ve thought about making buffalo chicken guacamole. But it’s never sat right in my brain. It’s like the time when I was pregnant with Max and asked Eddie if mac and cheese crostini sounded good. Sometimes you want to combine your favorite foods but it’s a real nightmare if you do. Something about the texture of buffalo wing guac just seems like it would be terrible? Like who wants to eat orange guac? And surely the wing sauce would overpower the avocados? And there wouldn’t be enough crunch?
I’ve solved the problem for us though! Oh yes I have.
When you put guacamole ON TOP OF buffalo wing pizza, all those concerns go out the window. There aren’t any weird texture things and the flavor is top notch!
Eddie scraped off his guac. It’s okay. You can be mad too.
Just more guac-buffalo-wing-chicken-omg-this-name-is-so-long pizza for us.
Guacamole Buffalo Chicken Pizza
- 1 1/8 cups warm water
- 3 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2/3 cup buffalo wing sauce + extra for drizzling I love Frank's Red Hot Wings
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup your favorite ranch dressing
- 12 ounces fontina cheese freshly grated
- 6 ounces crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 4 green onions thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup of cilantro chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 avocados
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine water, yeast, honey and olive oil. Mix with a spoon, then let sit until foamy, about 10 minutes. Add in 2 1/2 cups flour and salt, stirring with a spoon until the dough comes together but is still sticky. Using your hands, form the dough into a ball and work in the additional 1/2 cup flour, kneading it on a floured surface for a few minutes. Rub the same bowl with olive oil then place the dough inside, turning to coat. Cover with a towel and place in a warm place to rise for about 1-1 1/2 hours.
- While the dough is rising, make the chicken. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add olive oil. Toss chicken with salt and pepper, then add to the skillet and cook until browned on all sides, about 10 minutes. Once cooked through, add the garlic and stir for 30 seconds, then add in buffalo wing sauce and butter. Stir to coat.
- After the dough has risen, punch it down and place it back on the floured surface. Using a rolling pin or your hands, form it into your desired shape (sometimes I use baking sheets and do rectangles or free form pizzas – this specific dough will yield one pizza large enough to feed about 3-4 people) and place on a baking sheet or pizza pan. Place the towel back over the dough and let sit in the warm place for 10 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees F. (If I use my pizza stone, I heat my oven to 475 degrees and bake for 15 minutes. If you’re just using a baking sheet, follow the directions below for baking and set to 425 degrees.)
- Spread the pizza dough with the ranch dressing. Cover with most of the fontina cheese. Add the chicken on top, half of the gorgonzola cheese and 2 of the sliced green onions. Add the remaining fontina on top. Drizzle with some wing sauce!
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes (or around 15 to 20 minutes if using the pizza stone) until the cheese is golden and bubbly. Remove from the oven and top with the rest of the gorgonzola, the green onions, cilantro and chives. Add the guacamole on top and slice and serve immediately!
- In a bowl, mash together the avocados, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper. I like to do this while the pizza is baking so it's super fresh!
Did you make this recipe?
Be sure to follow @howsweeteats on instagram and tag #howsweeteats. You can also post a photo of your recipe to our facebook page.
I appreciate you so much!
Let’s make guac on pizza a thing forever.
39 Comments on “Guacamole Buffalo Chicken Pizza.”
Down with celery, up with guac!
yes yes yes!
Pingback: Guacamole Buffalo Chicken Pizza. – Fruitide
I’m literally texting my husband this recipe rn and trying to convince him to like guac so I can make it- our conversation is ridiculous 😂 but seriously looks awesome and I think there will be a half guac buffalo chicken pizza in our house this weekend.
love that! xo
Looks great! But may need to put the guac on the side, or only on 1/4 of the pizza.
Also, celery on pizza is just plain wrong.
This is everything.
Best idea ever!
This is the best pizza I’ve seen on the internet! Hands down.
haha thanks sam!
OMG is really the only thing I can say.
I have been a faithful reader for many years, Thanks for the knowledge you post, thank you for the recipe, I do not like to eat out, because my wife always cooks and that’s the recipe.
I don’t live in America and definitely feel that I am missing out on all things
‘Buffalo’, What is in Buffalo sauce and can you make it yourself as this recipe
looks absolutely delicious ! Thanks.
i wish i could say i’ve found a good recipe to make at home, but i have not! do you have hot sauce (like tabasco?) – that might be an option!
I’ve attempted to make it from scratch once when we were out, and Tabasco was ok, a bit too strong. Had to up the butter. But it worked in a pinch.
This has to be one of the best looking homemade pizzas I have seen. Thanks for sharing :)
Yum! Looks so good for Super Bowl Sunday!
I just made this and added cheddar cheese (from your seriously Delish pizza recipe) and it is my new favorite pizza to make!!! (Also used the Trader Jose garlic pizza dough).
yay! thanks lindsey!
Made this great pizza for the Super Bowl. I substituted the ranch (not a favorite) with blue cheese, really great. This recipe is definitely a ‘keeper!
Mouthwatering pizza! Can’t wait to try this. Thank you for sharing.
My husband proclaimed this the “best buffalo chicken pizza” he’d ever had. I thought it was good too, but the rest of the table was glad I made another margarita pizza. If you adore hot wings, this is a dream.
(Also, I left off the guac, more because I didn’t want one more thing to make than anything else).
Pingback: Guacamole Buffalo Chicken Pizza. - Proper Health Today
Pingback: Guacamole Buffalo Chicken Pizza | A Tasty Life
What can you substitute for those two different cheeses posted..can’t find them thanks.
What cheeses can be used as substitute s. Thanks
Pingback: Detroit Style Pizza - Veggie Surpreme Detroit Style Pizza
Pingback: Veggie Supreme Detroit-Style Pizza. – Fruitide
Pingback: Veggie Supreme Detroit-Style Pizza. - Next Step News
I made this last night and could not stop eating it. So so so good. Bravo! Awesome space too!
Pingback: Veggie Chicken Sausage Breakfast Pizza Pie – hungry hungry hannah
Is it really only 1/2 pound of chicken? Or is it 1 1/2?
Pingback: Baked Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash. | bakkbenchersnetwork.com