1. Please, please, please tell me you’ve watched this video from Jimmy Kimmel. I laughed until I cried.
2. Speaking of crying, this is the milkshake I had on Friday that was NOT MY IDEA. After drinking about a fourth of it, I felt like I wanted to die but couldn’t stop. I am so sick minded that I really want to recreate it for YOU.
3. Last week I went on a mayyyyjor pinning binge of Christmas and holiday related things. Now I just need a million dollars, a new house and for Martha Stewart to be my BFF.
4. Watching J.R. on dancing with the stars makes my want to bawl my eyes out. I love love love him! He is so, so, so passionate. I adore passionate people. Even if they are passionate about things I dislike, like vegetables or cats, I can’t get enough. People… have a passion. It’s so important.
5. Many of you are asking me what I’m making for Thanksgiving, and the answer is nothing. Well, that is sort of a lie… I don’t cook anything on holidays because we gallivant all over the place. I normally make some sort of dessert that makes your eyes bulge out of your head. I will probably do that, but this year I already told my mom I am bringing butternut squash lasagna (much to her dismay… I don’t think she’s ever even tasted squash) and Tina’s brie that I told you about already. I’ve only been think about that EVERY SECOND OF MY LIFE.
6. I lost a few hours of my life yesterday morning immersed in Tracy’s blog. I literally want to eat everything she posts for every meal for all of eternity. Seriously.
7. Here is the chocolate chipwich I also mentioned today that was NOT MY IDEA. You can imagine how hard it was to get me to eat this. People had to hold me down.
8. What are your winter staple meals? I love hearing about what others make since my life is usually overtaken by whatever recipes I’m sharing that week. Some of my favorites include this white chicken chili (made approximately twice a month), Sarah’s thai veggie burgers (from her book) that I make a double batch of every single time my husband is out of town, this chicken pot pie that graces us with it’s presence about once a month, and a version of this lightened up chicken parm (now I make my own whole wheat panko and use thin-sliced chicken breasts) which is currently in my oven. I also opened up a box of Trader Joe’s veggie burgers last week that I bought a lifetime ago. They were okay, but I’ll be honest: I slathered them in gouda and Bone Suckin’ Sauce.
9. Mr. How Sweet is finally home this entire week after traveling for all of October. All I can say is that someone better get me a king-sized bed. Stat.
10. Here is a picture I took from the plane on Sunday. It made me want to jump out the window.
95 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
1. That picture is incredible! I’m surprised you didn’t jump.
2. I love the two boys at the end of that video. Crack. Me. Up.
3. I like to include some beef stew, slow-cooker italian beef, and probably a BBQ or Ranch Chicken Pizza.
Have a great day!
That video is hilarious! And that milkshake looks SOO good :)
Great photo of SF! It;s amazing it wasn’t foggy! The ice cream sandwich looks good and so does that shake! For Thanksgiving I’ll probably do the whole meal thing, but it’s just my Husband and I, so I get stuck cooking all day so he can scarf down my 3,4,5 hour meal down in 5 minutes. Waste of time! I’ll watch the video when I get to work! :)
That photo is amazing!
Hmmm…winter staple meals: Cincinnati chili, crockpot soups and roasted vegetables!
If you manage to make Martha Stewart your BFF can you invite me over one night for an over-the-top cookie swap party or something? It would be fulfilling a life-long goal :)
Oh holy mother of frick I adore pretty much everything on your holidays pinterest board. Do you think doing all of it in my teeny tiny appartment would be overkill?!
I have been avoiding pinterest in the interest of getting things done during the day but now you’ve open me up to the realm of Christmas pinning I NEED pinterest! Would you mind please please pretty please sending me an invite? I will love you forever!! To be honest I will already love you forever for bringing crockpot bbq chicken into my life, but still!
The two boys at the end are hilarious! I watched that part 5 times in a row. “What the heck?” “You sneaky mom!!” LOL.
This post had perfect timing! Just as I was reading it someone was complaining to me about the difficulty of getting Panko breadcrumbs in London. I told him he can make his own with your recipe!
My favorite winter dish might have to be a new chili I just mixed up… SO INSANELY good that I didn’t even miss adding beef or chicken. Yes, it’s really THAT good. checkkkkk ittttttt: http://ohshineon.com/2011/11/03/wait-i-cant-believe-its-not-soup/
– Katie at http://www.ohshineon.com
That picture you took from the plane is awesome! Is it sad that I was more impressed with the picture of the milkshake? Ha ha ;o)
I’m not sure whether or not I should be ashamed that I thought that video was hilarious!!! I don’t think I would have been abe to tell my kids that with a straight face!
Your posts on Crumbs are always my favorite. The bring a smile to my face and warmth to my heart.
Those ice cream treats look AMAZING. And I loved all the holiday stuff you pinned!
I don’t even like brie…but THAT BRIE! Oh my heavens it looks divine.
That ice cream sandwich looks to die for!!
I like your “crumbs” tab so much…my favorite part of the blog! :)
My daughter is 2 months old and my husband & I are already planning to pull a Jimmy Kimmel on her, because if she’s like her Mama, she’s going to love her chocolate. It’s just hilarious!! Also, since you are so into squashes at the moment…try what I made last night. Butternut Squash Risotto. To. Die. For. It had white wine, sauteed onions, garlic, thyme, and asiago cheese. Drooling?? With all the cheese I added, it was almost like an Italian Macaroni and Cheese. I’m sure you will find a way to jazz it up to something unbelievable.
Hi Jessica – I watched/listened to you at the Foodbuzz Festival opening session and thought you were exactly like your posts – fun, open and truly yourself. I was so thrilled to see you there. Your posts always give me a laugh and a smile everyday and as you know, sometimes there isn’t a lot to smile about. Thanks for being you and sharing yourself with all of us!
Thank you so much Amy! Wish you would have came up and introduced yourself! I know it was kinda rushed at the end. Thanks so much for reading!
speaking of late night tv, have you seen this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyGJXLxtVEo
Okay now I just lost an hour of my day watching Jimmy Kimmell youtube videos. That handsome mens club is hilarious. Those poor kids! Mean mean parents. Love the blog~
details on that shake? i suppose i can wait for the recreation but i am dying to know what sinfulness is all in there!!!
omg i’ve watched that video so many times and I die laughing EVERY time. amazing.
Um, I’m okay with you recreating that for us. It would make me very, very happy actually!
Jessica! Ohmygosh, what type of milkshake is that and where can I get one?! PLEASE recreate this, it’s not faaaaaaair! Also, the ice cream sandwich looks AHmazing. Ugh I have such a thing for sweets.
LOOOVED the ending of that Jimmy Kimmel video!!
And here is that Xmas song I was telling you about. Don’t judge by the video!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1VkMBi9vvw
No, I had not watched that video. I watched it and I thought: 1) who are all these spoiled kids who cry over candy and 2) the little girl yelling “you’re ugly!” toward the end and the boy who said “What the heck? Are you serious? You’re going to get a belly ache. Did you see how many houses I went to last night?”
I totally loved your pinning binge. Horray for Christmas!
Truth: winter is for pasta & gravy. There, consider it permission. The hubs & I are seriously carbo-loading like it’s marathon season or something. Like the energy all the dancers exert on DWTS is being sucked out of us and we must replenish it or they will die. Yeah, donut bread pudding & lasagna on the same day? I’m a fat mess.
Anyway, more info on that wicked milkshake is abs necessary, given the poundage I’m apparently trying to pack on. Thanks in advance =)
I’d settle for Martha Stewart coming over and telling me what I do wrong
That milkshake looks sinfully delcious…..I’m drooling!!! LOL!!! :)
hahahaha omg that video!!! i love jimmy kimmel man thats funny! miss you xo
Does that delicious looking milkshake happen to be from Burgatory? I live in the Burgh as well and have heard RAVE reviews about Burgatory – it opened in the Waterworks mall and apparently has delicious shakes – normal and alcohol spiked! I am dying to try them…and the burgers of course :)
I love the photo – how gorgeous! Totally different than last time I was there – http://bakerlg.blogspot.com/2011/09/final-day-in-napa.html – last photo on the page.
I made lasagna last night, with 3 cheeses and sausage. It was a perfect, curl up in the bowl, big bold red wine type of a dinner.
I want 2 boys like the last part of the video. They are fantastic.
I have been thinking non stop about that milkshake ever since you posted it, now that im sick it sounds really freaking good! Please post a recipe or email, or just tell me where you got it at………any of the above will do haha.