1. I was assigned this chocolate fudge pudding mess above, also known as FREAKING HEAVEN, for a freelance project and from the looks of things, you can imagine how that turned out. I wanted to die. And judging by the amount I ate, I probably should have.
2. Last night I was searing some marinated chicken when my husband walked into the kitchen and literally SCREAMED “why are you doing that over high heat?! You’re ruining it!! I hate when my chicken is dry!!” Um, really? Like he cooks dinner all the time or something.
3. I formed the glare from hell on my face then asked when the last time was that I served him dry chicken.
4. The chicken was very, very excellent. I win. Again! I also may be dramatic. But not.
5. Pittsburgh people! I’m judging a dessert bake-off on April 25th at Bloomfield Bridge Tavern that benefits Best Buddies Pa. You should totally enter (see here or contact me for details) or at least come and eat dessert with me.
6. I can’t even get over these parmesan truffle tater tots. Seriously? Is this real life?
7. Speaking of truffle stuff, my mom (who isn’t that… “into”… food) ordered truffle fries for the first time two weeks ago. Upon asking her how they were, she claimed to be incredibly disappointed because she said they tasted WEIRD and not like normal french fries. “Like, uh… truffle?” I asked. She hated it. Additionally, I might be adopted.
8. You know how I hate coffee? Well, sometimes I don’t when it’s iced. But then I do. But then I add a third of a cup of chocolate syrup and I don’t. But then I do again because it’s just so gross and dirty-water like. But then I don’t because I think it tastes like coffee ice cream. But then I do because it never does. What I’m getting at is that I STILL keep buying iced coffee and hating it. I will never be cool. I just can’t accept it.
9. The idea of the blueberry bacon breakfast cake today came from my friend Kelly, who ate a blueberry bacon cupcake and said it was “really good.” This is huge, because Kelly is one of those people that only likes her food in it’s “normal” state and also does not allow the foods on her plate to touch. Can we say those flavors are a winner? I’m making a blueberry bacon grilled cheese tonight.
10. Bella… I have no words. Just stop. But don’t. Ever.
83 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
Like everyone else, I want the recipe for the fudge pudding thingy. :)
I would also like the recipe for the chocolate pudding! :)
Where is the “Freakin” recipe! Gotta have it.
Wherever, wherever is the recipe for the Freaking Mess??? Would you be willing to share it? LJ
Chocolate Fudge Pudding recipe please!!!!!!!!
For everyone asking about the chocolate recipe, it was extremely similar (if not identical) to this one: http://www.howsweeteats.com/2010/08/chocolate-cobbler/. I don’t think I can post the actual recipe I used until it is published.
I kind of want to enter that Bake Off – are you judging or competing? If you’re competing, there’s no point in me even showing up! ;)
You definitely should!! I’m judging, not competing.
Are those finger marks in the chocolate cake madam?
PLEASE!!!! Post the recipie for that chocolate mess!!!!
When I made your parm truffle fries and my parents wouldn’t try them because they “smelled funny” I said I was adopted. Love when we are the same
Jessica, congratulations and I hope you win the contest!
And thank you, thank you for giving us an alternative recipe.
I’m looking forward to seeing yours, after you win the contest of course :~D .
Have a Joyful Day!
HI! i love your blog and your recipes!! i try at least one a week. i am headed to Pittsburgh this weekend….where shoud i eat on friday night???? we like any kind of food.
Your dog is so cute!
I used to have 4 dogs and I miss them all very much. =(
Bella Bella Bella. I just want to kiss her to pieces. so. freaking. CUTE!!!!!
Um…just a quick question…that pudding??? Is a recipe forthcoming? (Please????)
I just saw your link to the chocolate death. Thank you!
Hey Jessica…love your blog, everything always looks and sounds so good. Regarding the recipe for the chocolate pudding wonderful-ness that you just posted, I have a recipe for a microwave version ( yes sinfulness in only minutes) that is so easy and tastes devine (or heavenly). If you are interested in me sharing the recipe, I will be glad to do so.
My golden has the same exact spot on his tongue!
I really hope this recipe for chocolate fudge pudding is available soon. I can practically taste it.
I just want to give Bella kisses. Dog kind. So stinking cute.
Hey Jess – I, too, used to be a coffee-hater until I tried a really awesome iced coffee. Then I slowly transitioned into flavored hot coffee. Next time you get the urge, go to Dunkin Donuts (you have those in PA, right) and order an iced coffee with caramel swirl (make sure you ask for swirl and not regular caramel), milk or cream, and sugar. If it’s made properly, I think you’ll like it.
Forget the coffee! Go for an iced soy chai!!
Never disappointed by your Tuesday Things! :)
Pingback: Strawberry Mug Pies | How Sweet It Is
Pingback: Strawberry Mug Pies. | Lifestyle Pins
it may be too late, but if you add (whole milk) to your iced coffee + chocolate syrup, it is pretty delicious….. worth giving it a try, perhaps?