Garlic Butter Sweet Potato Fries with Creamy Feta Dip.
Let’s eat french fries.
Wait. I know. These aren’t really french fries. They are oven fries which are never nearly as fab but are much simpler especially when you have a spastic fear of splattering oil and are just generally… lazy. Let’s eat them anyway.
Right now, I am craving a date of cheese fries and diet Coke. Mentally and emotionally. And… palate-ly? Metaphorically? Whatever. All of the above. Specifically I’d like some of those cheese fries from Shake Shack – not exactly the fries that I love but that cheese? It’s got to be laced with some sort of drug. Ugh! So good.
These will have to do for now. French fry date?
If we do that, I could tell you how many sheets of sweet potato “fries” I’ve made in the last five years. They somehow ended up as a requirement in this house and while it’s easy to tire of them, I have seasoned the HECK out of those babies with everything imaginable. Really, I don’t think I’ve left any stone (spice?) unturned when it comes to piling on flavor. Which is weird, because these specific ones end up being sort of… simple. Although I think we all can agree when you add minced garlic to warm butter, that flavor is anything but simple.
Does anyone even really care about the fries though? Like the aforementioned cheese drug, the dip is where it’s at. I really wanted a creamy feta dip after taking down what one can only assume was my 83rd container of that Trader Joe’s mediterranean feta dip, which honestly was not that difficult because I slathered it on everything. Ew. Slathered. Add that to the list of words that makes my skin crawl.
I used that feta dip for anything and everything – a dip, a spread, a puffy white hat on a tiny silver spoon – and wanted to try making something slightly similar so I could keep it in my life. Can we talk about versatility? As expected, I’ve been using this on… my entire life… and still have a good bit left in the fridge. It’s my new favorite thing.
At least until my next favorite thing comes along.
You know, which will probably happen in five minutes.
Garlic Butter Sweet Potato Fries with Creamy Feta Dip
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled (if desired) and sliced into thin 1/2-inch (thick) strips
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 garlic cloves finely minced or pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped basil
creamy feta dip
- 8 ounce feta block, crumbled
- 3/4 cup full-fat or 2% plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a wire rack on top. Spray the rack with nonstick spray. Set aside. Heat butter in a small saucepan (or the microwave) until just melted. Remove from any heat and then add in garlic cloves, stirring well
- Rinse sweet potatoes well with water then pat completely dry with towels. Add to a large bowl and toss with olive oil, garlic butter, salt and pepper. Toss very well to coat. Spread sweet potatoes out in a single layer on the wire rack. Bake for 20 minutes, remove and toss, then bake for 15-20 minutes longer. Sometimes I check within 10 minutes and toss again, and occasionally after the 15-20 minutes, I give them another 5-10 or so. I know using a wire rack can be a pain but it really helps crisp all sides. Try not to crowd the sweet potatoes and if necessary, use a second sheet/rack.
- Remove and let cool slightly. Remove the wire rack or place on a large plate and cover in parmesan and fresh herbs, tossing and tossing to coat. If needed, season a bit more too. You can even add some more garlic butter if you wish. Dip in creamy feta!
creamy feta dip
- Combine all ingredients together and mix well. I took a bit of the herb/parmesan topping from the baking sheet and threw it on top!
Did you make this recipe?
Be sure to follow @howsweeteats on instagram and tag #howsweeteats. You can also post a photo of your recipe to our facebook page.
I appreciate you so much!
I think I am going to garlic butter everything from now on. Yep, making it a verb.
111 Comments on “Garlic Butter Sweet Potato Fries with Creamy Feta Dip.”
Pingback: Healthy Labor Day BBQ recipe ideas | Kay Ho Web Reviews
Pingback: Healthy Labor Day BBQ recipe ideas | Shi Shir Web Reviews
Pingback: Healthy Labor Day BBQ recipe ideas | Lalas Belly Web Reviews
Pingback: 8 Ways to 'Celebrate' for French Fries Day ~ Bottom Left of the Mitten
Pingback: The Most Brilliant Way To Reheat Leftover French Fries – healthy food
Pingback: The Most Brilliant Way To Reheat Leftover French Fries – The Recipe Junction
Pingback: The Most Brilliant Way To Reheat Leftover French Fries - Las Cruces Chiropractic Care Center - the Blog