Movie Theater Candy Chocolate Bark.
… popcorn obsession continues.
But this time, I chocolate-glued it with tons of other candy. Wrong? So right.
And you can use whatever candy your little heart desires. I’m a bit partial to goobers (because I used to get them with my grandpa when we went to the movies) and sno-caps (my tween drug of choice, dumped in a bag of hot popcorn), so I threw in some salty peanuts and sprinkles. Eh, and a few rainbow sprinkles. I haaaad to. Can’t help it. You cannot expect me to use sprinkles and simply stick to plain, boring white nonpareils. Who do you think I am?
This is my final fun, snacky movie-inspired recipe I’m sharing to pair with Pavan Liqueur and later this week, we’ll be going to the Nantucket film festival together to share cocktails and snacks. Seriously cannot wait. [Fair warning: I might instagram my face off.] And I paired this candy chocolate hybrid with one of their signature champagne-like cocktails: Pavan, prosecco and a lemon wedge – what a treat. Perfectly simple because who doesn’t love chocolate and bubbles?
Last week I also got to try Pavan mixed with Perrier and it was so refreshing. It’s definitely my new summer drink. Like white wine with a little kick! I seriously can’t wait until it is available in every city because I’m dying for you… my fellow white wine lovers, to try it. It just makes me feel like I am relaxing on the beach and wearing a cute 1950s swimsuit and am morphing in Bridget Bardot. Let’s make that happen.
- 16 ounces of your favorite milk or dark chocolate
- 1 1/2 cups buttered + salted popcorn
- 1/3 cup gummy bears
- 1/4 cup reese’s pieces or m&m’s
- 2 tablespoons salted peanuts
- assorted sprinkles…
- + any of your other favorite movie candy!
- Line a small baking sheet with a sheet of aluminum foil, then place a sheet of parchment paper over it.
- Melt 14 ounces of the chocolate, either in the microwave (I do this in 30 second increments, stirring afterwards until it is all melted – be careful, it can burn quickly!) or with a double boiler. Pour the chocolate on the parchment paper and use a spatula to spread it into a square or rectangle. Throw some of the popcorn, candy and sprinkles on top any way you like, making sure they stick. To make the bark quickly, stick the pan in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Melt the remaining 2 ounces of chocolate, remove the pan from the fridge and drizzle it over top. Add any additional candy or sprinkles you’d like, then place back in the fridge for a few minutes to set.
I’m also going to chocolate-glue everything from now on.