Spiked Rice Krispie Treat Shake Shooters.
Can we have a party?
No, really. We need to have a party.
Because we must drink these little shakes together.
It’s probably the only time that it’s acceptable for us to do shots in invisible internet friend world. (false.)
If you follow me on instagram, then you know that a week ago I had a shake just like this for lunch. Rice krispie treats are one of my guiltiest pleasures and I just could NOT get over it.
You know why.
Come on. I know you do.
Say it with me… the texture! Given the texture freak that I am… gah. This straight up does me in.
These squishy little squares were one of my favorite things ever when I was a kid – and I’m talking about the REAL kind, not the ones in the metallic blue package. Those ones sort of ruined my life because when they came along, we stopped making the real ones as often and that just… sucked. Give me some rice krispie treats, some gushers, a Saved By the Bell marathon (I’ll take some college years too) and a caboodles case full of string so I can weave my own candy stripe. I’ll make you one. I swear.
P.S. did you know that Kelly Kapowski turned 40 yesterday? I died a little inside.
So. All we have here is a vanilla marshmallow milkshake, spiked of course, with actual rice krispie treats blended in. Couldn’t you just add the cereal and skip the treat making? Eh. Possibly. But no. I assume the cereal would get soggy without the marshmallow bind and just be quite blah. Plus, you NEED the treats to cover the top with. And eat into oblivion.
And they come in fun little shooter size for things like that certain football game everyone is talking about. (in that case, you can find a million recipes here and here.) You can totally make one giant or two semi-large shakes to consume yourself, but the mini ones are fun for a crowd. And leaves room for extra SNACKS.
Okay I’m out. Rice krispies and all.
Spiked Rice Krispie Treat Shake Shooters
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups rice cereal
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vanilla, or marshmallow fluff vodka
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1/3 cup marshmallow fluff
- To make the rice krispie treats, add the butter to a large pot over medium heat. Whisk constantly until the butter is sizzling and brown bits begin to form in the bottom of the pot, about 5 minutes. Turn the heat down to low and immediately add the marshmallows, stirring continuously with a wooden or heat safe spoon until melted. Stir in the vanilla extract. Turn off the heat and add the cereal, stirring until it’s all combined with the marshmallows. Press the mixture into an 8×8 baking dish and let it sit for 15 minutes.
- To make the milkshakes, add the milk, vodka, ice cream and marshmallow fluff to a blender. Take about 3/4 of the rice krispie mixture and break it apart, tossing it into the blender. Blend and pulse until the milkshakes come together then pour them in glasses. Take the remaining rice krispie treats and cut them into small chunks, placing them on top of the shakes with fat straws. Serve immediately with fat straws. They are a must!
Did you make this recipe?
Be sure to follow @howsweeteats on instagram and tag #howsweeteats. You can also post a photo of your recipe to our facebook page.
I appreciate you so much!
mini means eat more. #truth
79 Comments on “Spiked Rice Krispie Treat Shake Shooters.”
And now I must make rice krispies!
this looks AMAZING. what an awesome idea!
Pingback: Italian Sausage Lasagna Cups | Dixie Chik Cooks
Pingback: Rice Krispie Treat Pancakes with Browned Butter Syrup. - Half Baked Harvest
Yum, you are officially my hero. Rice Krispy milkshakes oh wow, I will be the hit of my super bowl party to be sure if I bring this, if I don’t drink it all myself first. Number one weakness is rice Krispy treats.
Pingback: Spiked Brown Butter Rice Krispie Treat Shake Shooters | Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
Pingback: What I’m Reading 1.30.14 | honeystuck
Pingback: Link Love: 01.31.14 - Glossy Blonde
Pingback: Rice Krispie Treat Garnished Shots | Pixel & Pint Blog
Pingback: Weekly Recap | Planning for Paris
Pingback: Elegant Cakes – Fluffernutter Milkshake
Pingback: Fluffernutter Milkshake | Yummy Cake
Pingback: Paast ja eluoluline salat | laualamp
Pingback: Boozy Lucky Charms Cereal Milkshakes with Marshmallow Frosting | How Sweet It Is
Pingback: Boozy Lucky Charms Cereal Milkshakes with Marshmallow Frosting. | pinmeplease
Do you just substitute the marshmallow fluff if you don’t want to use vodka? I want to make these for a baby shower.
Thanks! Can’t wait to try this recipe!
you can just leave the vodka out! :)
Pingback: Rice Krispie Treat Milkshake
These look so awesome. Must give them a go. Love anything with marshmallows and rice krispies, especially together.