Okay party people.

I’ve spent countless hours scouring the web this week for what I think are some of the *best* recipes for football season. Some are from me… some are from my internet friends… and some are from people I creepily stalk. Most of these recipes can work regardless if it’s just you, yourself and you, you and a friend, you and your family of four, or you and your party of 20. Just adjust accordingly. Many of us have the same taste buds, some of us don’t. Feel free to link your favorites in the comments and tell me what YOU think the best football food is.

You know how much I love to overwhelm you.

Football Food! [135 Recipes for Football Season.] I howsweeteats.com

Dips

queso!

loaded baked potato dip

caramelized onion greek yogurt dip

hot blueberry cheddar dip

warm roasted garlic and white bean hummus

hot + cheesy caramelized corn dip

baked cauliflower dip

warm tomato basil dip

black bean fiesta dip

hot and cheesy roasted red pepper dip

buffalo chicken dip

avocado hummus

jalapeño popper dip

kicked up spinach dip

toasted almond parmesan dip

creamy feta dip with jalapenos

white pizza dip

Football Food! [135 Recipes for Football Season.] I howsweeteats.com

Snacky Foods (that aren’t dips)

homemade buffalo wing sauce

pizza pretzel bites

sticky lime grilled chicken wings

baked potato skins

bean and avocado tortilla cups

spicy caramel bacon popcorn

sweet and spicy grilled wings

crispy onion straws

baked parmesan chicken fries

mini pretzel dogs

walking tacos

honey sriracha chicken wings

greek salad skewers

bbq chicken quesadillas

asian caramel chicken wings

nacho fries

fried pickles with spicy ranch

bacon and pecorino popcorn

Football Food! [135 Recipes for Football Season.] I howsweeteats.com

Bready Stuff

cheddar tailgating bread

beer bread

garlic cheese rosemary bread

cheesy tomato bread

cheesy puff pull apart bread

monkey bread muffins

pizza swirl bread

cheesy artichoke french breads

soft pretzel rolls

Football Food! [135 Recipes for Football Season.] I howsweeteats.com

A big pot of chili! Or soup.

white chicken chili

30 minute buffalo chicken soup

vegetarian sweet potato chili

easy tortilla soup

super hearty chili

loaded baked sweet potato soup

mini chicken meatball soup

smoky white bean chicken chili

Football Food! [135 Recipes for Football Season.] I howsweeteats.com

Main Dishes

BBQ portobello sliders

hot dogs 3 ways

garlic bread pizza crust

sticky balsamic ribs

minestrone pot pie with whole wheat parm biscuits

crockpot cheddar beer chicken tacos

southern style pork tenderloin

chili cheddar cornbread bake

baked buffalo chicken pasta

crockpot beer carnitas

homemade frozen pizzas

homemade BBQ sauce

homemade cola BBQ sauce

crispy chicken skewers

cheesesteaks

chicken pot pie

asian turkey burgers with spicy lime mayo

creamy caprese pasta

BBQ chicken enchiladas

sweet and spicy crockpot ribs

easy double bean burgers with avocado basil cream

buffalo chicken meatball subs

slow cooker hoisin shredded chicken with asian slaw

baked parmesan spaghetti

BBQ chickpea pizza

crockpot BBQ beer chicken

roasted butternut, sweet potato whole wheat lasagna

bite sized baked meatballs

jalapeno popper pizza

buffalo chicken enchiladas

cilantro chicken

stovetop BBQ chicken shells and cheese

cheesy stuffed meatball sliders

gourmet chili dogs

shrimp burgers with chipotle cream

crockpot beer carnitas tacos

BBQ chicken burgers

stuffed peppers with tomato basil cream

roasted butternut baked penne

thai beef tacos

crockpot beef carnitas

bacon wrapped hot dogs

slow cooker french dip sandwiches

Football Food! [135 Recipes for Football Season.] I howsweeteats.com

On the side

marinated tomato and burrata salad

pierogi casserole

crispy baked french fries

4 cheese skillet macaroni

beer mac and cheese

beer soaked fries

crispy parmesan potato puffs

frito pie

crispy sweet potato fries with basil salt and lemon garlic dipping sauce

crockpot bourbon bacon baked beans

healthy crunchy onion rings

green bean mushroom casserole

herb crusted sweet potato bites

oven crispy parmesan sage truffle fries

roasted potatoes to change your life

Football Food! [135 Recipes for Football Season.] I howsweeteats.com

Treats

pumpkin pie popsicles

cider rum punch

chocolate dipped beer marshmallows

candy bar caramel corn

pumpkin coffee cake

homemade snickers bars

bourbon pumpkin pie milkshakes

healthy peanut butter cookies

better than crack brownies

giant m&m cookies

apple cider margaritas

pumpkin cookies with brown butter frosting

oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookies

grown up hot chocolate

chocolate chip oreo fudge brownie bars

bourbon pecan pie brownies

Annnnnd done.

113 Responses to “Football Food! [135 Recipes for Football Season.]”

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — September 2, 2012 @ 9:19 am

Incredible list!

Nancy — September 2, 2012 @ 11:49 am

Aaaand, this is all we need in our cooking lives. Period. Gracias!! :)

P.S. – love the new format!

Sharon — September 2, 2012 @ 12:12 pm

Good Grief! I am overwhelmed.

Lizanne — September 2, 2012 @ 1:36 pm

Postings like yours (and this particular one) make me really want to quit my job just so I can stay home and make all of these!!! I’ll start today…thanks! soo entertaining…

Kristen — September 2, 2012 @ 3:38 pm

Oh. My. God. Game on, Let’s go steelers!

Mary-Where's the Zoom — September 2, 2012 @ 5:24 pm

Spectacular list!! And, LOVE the redesign. Looks great girl!

Ross @ TheFaceBaby — September 2, 2012 @ 5:47 pm

Buff chick dip? Yes please! West coasters aren’t as obsessed with this as they should be, but when I bring it to a party it disappears the quickest. Always.

Avocado hummus? Can’t wait to try that (and by “try it” I mean make it every week)

Mini chicken meatball soup? In 2 months I’ll trade you a couple of my 80 and sunny days for your butt-freezing cold ones so I can thoroughly enjoy some’a that. Deal?

Miranda @ Mangoes and Chutney — September 2, 2012 @ 6:12 pm

Amazing roundup. Have to keep this one handy for the next four months!

Mommyof2Girlz/StephD — September 2, 2012 @ 6:29 pm

I so needed this list of super tasty recipes this season, thank you!

allison — September 2, 2012 @ 9:00 pm

I actually hate football, but seem to be smitten with a boy who loves it. I usually make BBQ chicken and cheddar mini pizzas, which are a huge hit, bur now I have a nice long list to choose from. Thanks!

I am also swooning over your re-design; teal and pink – my fave colours, and “sprinkles”, the best.

jackye — September 2, 2012 @ 9:25 pm

You are AWESOME!!!!!!!Thank you sooooo much!

Kim in MD — September 3, 2012 @ 8:37 am

Wow…thanks for compiling these recipes, Jessica! Now I’m really hungry!

Tara — September 3, 2012 @ 11:35 am

Awesome round-up, but I’m even more obsessed with your new look here! It’s so bright and happy and clean looking!! Yay for you!!!

Joy — September 3, 2012 @ 11:59 am

YUM. That first picture – love that recipe…I made it the same day you posted it and I WAS NOT DISAPPOINTED. Thanks for slaving over your computer to find all of these recipes for us lazy folk.

Saho — September 3, 2012 @ 5:01 pm

WOAH♡♡♡ Thank YOU sooo much for sharing such an AWESOME list, Jessica☆ LOVE it♡♡♡

Sue — September 3, 2012 @ 5:18 pm

I love this list! Thanks.

Christie — September 3, 2012 @ 9:38 pm

Thank you soooooo much for the best recipes!! This is the best list and I can’t wait for the NFL season!

Julie @SavvyEats — September 3, 2012 @ 10:27 pm

What an awesome round-up. Thanks for the shout-out!

Kat B. — September 3, 2012 @ 11:57 pm

Wow! Pinterest was created just for posts like this! Pinned for future reference — great compilation!

Dannii @ Hungry Healthy Happy — September 4, 2012 @ 6:12 am

Wow – great list! I have pinned it so I can go back to it every time we have a party :)

recetas de tartas dulces — September 4, 2012 @ 7:25 am

Wonderful items from you, man. I’ve be mindful your stuff prior to and you are simply extremely excellent. I really like what you have got here, certainly like what you’re saying and the way in which you say it.
    You’re making it entertaining and you still care for to stay it sensible. I cant wait to learn far more from you. That is actually a terrific site.

Melissa // the faux martha — September 4, 2012 @ 5:17 pm

Thank you much for including me! PS—the new site looks beautiful!

Mia — September 4, 2012 @ 5:21 pm

I’ve made and loved at least a few of these dishes from your site (and, um, would like to live in a vat of buffalo chicken dip). The boy I date has been reminding me pretty much everyday for the last several weeks that the NFL will be starting soon (except I think the NFL has already started? isn’t pre-season really the start? whatevs), so I clearly will be spending many upcoming Sundays making many of these dishes. Thanks for putting so many great recipes in one easy-to-find place!!!

Staci — September 4, 2012 @ 9:46 pm

Im pinning this post!!

Cookie and Kate — September 5, 2012 @ 12:22 am

This collection totally has me drooling. Thank you so much for including a couple of my recipes, too, Jessica! I’ve been away from my computer lately so this is the first time I’ve seen your redesign. LOVE IT!

C — September 5, 2012 @ 5:31 pm

Which recipe is the first photo from? I may have overlooked one, but the first few recipes under “dips” don’t seem to correspond to that photo….and it looks delish!

• Jessica — September 5th, 2012 @ 5:32 pm

It’s the white pizza dip!

luv what you do — September 5, 2012 @ 9:18 pm

I am ready for some FOOTBALL!!!
    Da Bears!!!

Delishhh — September 6, 2012 @ 6:17 pm

Awesome list – i used it for our newsletter this month!! LInk if you want to see – http://us5.campaign-archive2.com/?u=9bc1b5f1c2c1cb8a98f1f3ad5&id=61665afde9&e=5bdcd0f2e5

Jodie — September 7, 2012 @ 9:56 am

Best. List. Ever! I reblogged linking back to here to share! Definitely keeping this bookmarked for Friday/Saturday/Sunday inspiration : )

Danijela — September 8, 2012 @ 3:30 am

Hello again Jessica,
    I just want to let you know that your post is now featured in my coffee break post for this week. It’s really amazing, so I decided to share it with my readers too. I hope you’ll like it. :)

Michelle @ Brown Eyed Baker — September 9, 2012 @ 4:52 pm

LOVE this roundup! So much yumminess! Thanks for including me!

Lisa Pallone — September 9, 2012 @ 6:43 pm

Made the beer Mac n cheese for first football Sunday. OMG, it’s fantastic! Thank you! Next week, Baked Parmesan Spaghetti…

Angie — September 16, 2012 @ 12:27 pm

Awesome list! Thanks for doing all that work & sharing! Adding to my list of food to make!

Jessica — September 20, 2012 @ 10:47 am

OK, I’m so beating myself up right now. I thought i knew the best food blogs out there but this one is just simply amazing. Great list and I definitely plan on trying most if not all of it. Thanks for taking the time to post these.

Simply Cami — September 30, 2012 @ 5:17 pm

Impressive… VERY appreciative of your work! Thanks for sharing!

Laura — October 8, 2012 @ 1:51 pm

Can u tell us which recipes go with which pictures here?
    ESP the spaghetti bake looking one

Gala — October 23, 2012 @ 12:31 pm

OHMYGOD! Please tell me what that is in the top photo so I can make it first!

Connie Westlund — December 3, 2012 @ 1:25 am

You are a very talented and amazing chef!!! And to add; Very humorous yet well spoken! You keep the fun in home cooking :) Same as “Gala”… Can you please label your pics?!?! I’m sure… and prob know… that all of your recipes are pic worthy in any state… But I would love and appreciate detailed pics… Especially when I’m a newcomer striving to make my concoctions look like those of the original :D

Dawn — December 8, 2012 @ 11:38 pm

Thank you so much! I have been going crazy looking for new ideas for football parties.

Olga — January 28, 2013 @ 8:10 am

I just wanted to extend the biggest “thank you” to you for this list. I had absolutely no idea what to maks for the Super Bowl this upcoming weekend, but I have plenty of ideas now.
    Thank you so so much for all your time and effort on this huge list of ideas!!! :)

Rebecca {Foodie with Family} — February 1, 2013 @ 5:21 pm

You, my dear, are a temptress. What a list! I’m so hungry now I could eat my left leg. Thank you for including my Cheddar Tailgating Bread in such a fabulous round-up! Ya know what I want desperately? Your White Pizza dip with it. Amen.

The Style Sisters — September 1, 2013 @ 1:50 am

My daughter made these adorable and simple football cupcakes! The footballs are made out of chocolate dipped strawberries! Come check them out.

Julia Kent @ The Domestic Blonde — September 4, 2013 @ 9:46 am

Another round-up that is super great for football season!
    Honestly, I hate football… I just love food!

marla — October 16, 2013 @ 8:44 pm

Quite the AMAZING list my friend! It would take me a lifetime to try them all & I’m OK with that.

1. Pingback: tuesday things and links | Crunchy Creamy Sweet

2. Pingback: Tailgate Season «

3. Pingback: Case of the Mondays? « A Cedar Spoon.

4. Pingback: Things I Like Thursday « Crazy Jamie's Blog

5. Pingback: Football Season - Let's eat! | Notes from DixieNotes from Dixie

6. Pingback: Tailgate Munchies | Miss Fanatic Blog

7. Pingback: BBQ Chicken Dip. | How Sweet It Is

8. Pingback: Healthy Way To Cook Recipe Roundup: Healthy tailgating recipes - Healthy Way To Cook

9. Pingback: Stuff n Things

10. Pingback: Fat Girl Friday: Dips « frenchmytoast

11. Pingback: Football Food – Easy Super Bowl Recipes

12. Pingback: Jalapeño Cheddar Chicken Meatball Sandwiches | How Sweet It Is

13. Pingback: super bowl party ideas. | ciao mama

14. Pingback: Football Food! [135 Recipes For Football Season.] | How Sweet It Is

15. Pingback: Crispy Baked Chicken + Corn Bread Biscuit Sliders | How Sweet It Is

16. Pingback: Superbowl Sunday | Not Carrot Cake