DIY These Taco Drink Stirrers!
Hi guys! I’m so excited to tell you about Caylin Harris today, who is going to do some foodie themed DIYs for me so I can FINALLY actually craft! You all know how much I wish I could do crafts. I met Caylin last year when I went to the MacKenzie-Childs headquarters and was amazed at some of the creative work she does. She is a writer, crafter and stylist and does work for The Kitchn, Good Housekeeping, Parents, Family Fun, Seventeen and a ton more.
Today she is making these taco drink stirrers which are SO CUTE for Cinco de Mayo!! You guys can see her awesome work on instagram at @caylinharriscreative!
Celebrate the fifth of May, or even the sixth or seventh—heck any day of the week, right?—in style with these too-cute, tiny food inspired drink stirrers. Eating tacos while looking at faux mini tacos, it’s just glorious. They’re so easy to make and the supplies are affordable too. Bust them out for this holiday or for Taco Tuesday once a week. Cheers darlings!
What you’ll need:
-felt (in a taco shell color)
-small brown pom-poms
-green paper crinkles
-a sheet of red scrapbook paper
-hot glue gun
1. Start by tracing a circle onto your felt. Cut it out. Using your bamboo skewer, poke a hole dead center into your felt circle.
2. Down the middle of the circle run a strip of hot glue. Glue your pom-poms into the center to make the faux taco meat. Run a strip of hot glue on each side of the pom-poms and fold the felt so it’s in a taco shell shape around the pom-poms. Glue one more pom-pom on top of your bottom row to bulk it up a bit.
3. Cut your green paper crinkles down into smaller pieces. Using small dots of hot glue stick the green crinkles onto the pom-poms. It’s faux lettuce! Cut small red tomato slice shapes out of your scrapbook paper and glue too.
4. Using the pointy end of the skewer with a dab of hot glue on it, work it into the hole in the felt taco. Cut the skewer down to size based on the glasses you’re using.
5. Repeat until each guest’s glass has a skewer.
Throw them in your margarita and go!