Roasted Buffalo Cauliflower Flatbread.
Pizza again?! I’m calling it flatbread. So it’s fair.
Hear me out! I swear it is worth it. Buffalo cauliflower pizza slash flatbread is always worth it.
Because! I am sharing another recipe from The Pretty Dish with you! Eeeeeep!
I might be a walking contradiction this week, but at least I’m making it a delicious trip. Can we do all pizza all the time? Like our own personal Book It party? Book It was LIFE.
Really, I lived for personal pan pizzas and parties with Book It in elementary school. It just fueled my insane desire to read everything (by “everything” I mean Babysitters Club and Sweet Valley High stopppp judging me!) and what kid isn’t motivated by holographic stickers and parties with pizza?
This is one of those flatbread crusts that is so simple to make. No rising of the dough! No waiting! Zero patience needed! You make the dough, bake it a bit and you’re golden. It’s kind of crispy and crunchy and almost like a cracker!
Basically, the complete opposite from the detroit-style pizza I shared on Monday.
On top! All of my favorite buffalo-wing inspired flavors, but with cauliflower. Roasted cauliflower. It has such a wonderful nutty flavor. Kind of tastes like popcorn to me!
And then all the things like wing sauce, chives, scallions, fontina, gorgonzola… fantastic stuff.
This is such a great dinner but also an amazing little snack. You can make it a bit ahead of time and even reheat before adding all of your green stuff on top too!
I’ve got one or two more recipes to go before the official launch of The Pretty Dish! If you haven’t ordered yet, you can grab your copy here. If you have any questions about the book, let me know! We’re going to have such a blast once it’s officially here. And in the meantime, here’s a little video of me making this deliciousness. SO GOOD.
Roasted Buffalo Cauliflower Flatbread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup olive oil plus more for brushing
- 1 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 head of cauliflower florets chopped off
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces fontina cheese freshly grated
- 4 ounces crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 3 tablespoons ranch dressing
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 bunch of cilantro chopped
- Heat the buffalo wing sauce and the butter in a saucepan over low heat until the butter is melted. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and place the cauliflower florets on the sheet. Drizzle them with olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss well. Toss with ½ cup of the buffalo wing sauce. Roast the cauliflower for 20 to 25 minutes, until golden.
- Increase the heat of the oven to 450 degrees F.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, in a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt, stirring to combine. Add the water and olive oil and mix with a spoon until the dough comes together. Use your hands to finish bringing it together into a ball, then knead it a few times on a floured surface. Form the dough into your desired shape. Place it on a nonstick (or parchment lined) baking sheet and brush with a bit of olive oil. Bake for 10 minutes at 450 degrees F, until a few air bubbles form and the dough is golden.
- Remove the bread from the oven and cover it with half of the cheeses. Drizzle the ranch dressing on. Add the cauliflower on the bread and top with the rest of the cheeses. Drizzle with the remaining wing sauce. Return the sheet to the oven and bake for another 10 to 15 minutes, or until the cheese is totally melted, bubbly and golden. Let cool for a few minutes then top with the cilantro, chives and green onions.
- Tip: if you have a grill pan, you can pop the flatbread on the pan and grill it for some extra smoky flavor!
Maybe we should call it pizza week and I’ll keep this party going.