Minted Mimosa Punch.
Mimosa punch for mom, coming right up!
Or mimosa punch for you, of course.
I love how when the words “mimosa” or “brunch” are involved, it automatically means that we can have champagne for breakfast. Sort of how it’s okay to have doughnuts on Saturdays or a margarita every time you make a taco. This is how my food brain works and I definitely don’t hate it.
This is a little spin off of the mimosa punch that I have in The Pretty Dish. It’s such a wonderful winter or spring party drink, but it can also work for holidays like Mother’s Day, Easter – those days when we celebrate with brunch often! Brunch may be my favorite meal forever. Always.
The punch not only has champagne and orange juice – our traditional mimosa ingredients! – but it has a little bit of the blood orange Italian soda that I love so much (you can find it in the fancy soda aisle of Trader Joe’s or your grocery story) for extra flavor (and color, duh!) and some vodka for an extra zing. You can’t really taste the vodka, so it’s up to you on how boozy you want this punch pitcher to be!
If you’re doing a small brunch, you can always just do the champagne and orange juice/soda combo. If you’re just doing a handful of people, I’d say do regular mimosas (or frozen ones) unless you want to consume an entire pitcher yourself.
But! The reason I love doing a pitcher SO much is because single mimosas for a large group can be tricky to serve! Someone always has to be pouring them – or you can make a mimosa or bellini bar! – so by having the pitcher? It’s easy! Just pour the drink once instead of starting with orange juice and adding champagne.
And perhaps my faaavorite part of this all? FRESH MINT! The amount that I use this herb come spring and summer is on the verge of ridiculous. I can’t wait to plant my herb garden in another week or so and have it right outside my door!
For now though, I’ll be making pitcher after pitcher of those sparkly citrus punch.
Minted Mimosa Punch
- 2 cups cold orange juice
- 2 750mL bottles chilled champagne
- 1 16-ounce bottle cold blood orange Italian soda
- ½ cup vodka - you can use a citrus flavor if you'd like!
- 2 navel oranges thinly sliced
- 1 pint strawberries sliced
- 1 /2 cup fresh mint leaves plus extra for garnish
- Combine the juice, champagne, soda and vodka in a large pitcher with a bit of ice, the orange slices and the strawberries, leaving just a few out for garnishes in the drink. Stir in the fresh mint leaves. This tastes amazing once it sits for about 30 minutes in the fridge, but you can serve it right away too.
- Pour over crushed ice and garnish with extra orange slices or strawberries!
A bouquet of champagne bottles would be great too, thanks!