1. Craving this grilled green bean salad. Doesn’t it look incredible?!
2. Who has tried an impossible burger? And what are your thoughts. Tellll me.
3. This warmed my heart! A 96-year old woman who had her own system for reviewing books.
4. Peonies are definitely the new avocado toast. If you buy peonies and don’t even instagram them, are they really in a vase in your house? NO.
5. Okay so now that the Axe/Wendy/Chuck drama appears to be over, I’m really bored with Billions. Ugh! I hope that something huge happens here at the end to bring it back. Also verrrrry excited about these Affair previews.
6. These four common misconceptions about success? Hellllo #3.
7. Very much want to invest in a soft serve machine. I wish that was a thing.
8. Coming next week: the howsweeteats rosé guide for your summer! But I want to know – what is your favorite? I know we all have access to different brands. I love a very dry rosé and yesterday at the pool we were drinking Notorious Pink. It was SO good.
9. P.S. Did you see my summer reading list? Share what you’re reading over there in the comments! So many good recs.
24 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
Pingback: Tuesday Things. - How Sweet Eats - Sweet n Savory
2. OK, the only way to describe the Impossible Burger is…. IMPOSSIBLE. I love any and all veggie/ soy/ black bean burgers so it wasn’t a stretch to order this, but I was having an existential experience where I could not believe the witchcraft that I wasn’t eating meat. It looked like it, tasted like it, EVEN had a slight pink center. But man, was it delicious.
8. Please show me a rose that I will like (I mean, once baby is out). I’m a horrible millennial, I hate rose. Just give me a Chianti.
I love the dryest rosés! Some favorites Domaine de Pellehaut and Whispering Angel (although I don’t care for the name!).
Tried the Angry Orchard hard cider rose last night. Not that I am an expert on rose or hard cider but it was enjoyable. Try it!
We have a local cider place that did a hard cider rose as well and was good!
I am a vegetarian and I tried the beyond beef brand burger (not the impossible burger, but similar) as a sample at Whole Foods – it totally freaked me out! It looked like beef, oddly smelled like beef and kinda tasted like beef. I’m glad it was a sample cuz now I won’t be ordering it anytime soon!
I LOVE Notorious Pink–bought it solely based on the name and I’m completely sold.
Whispering Angel is the best dry rose! I was delighted to recently find it at Trader Joe’s in Seattle.
I love Luc Pirlet and Angeline rosé (as well as their reserve Pinot noirs!) D’Autrefois makes a really crisp, dry and smooth bottle as well.
My sister keeps trying to come over when I’ve restocked La Crema 😊
I’m a super millennial when it comes to rosé and I’m looking forward to your guide
I love all the French Provence roses and this is a fave: domaine de fontsainte gris de gris (plus it has a pretty gold label)! Can’t wait for the rose guide! Our local liquor store had a war of rose tasting last weekend with about 60 roses! It was amazing to taste them tall and confusing at the same time.
I am loving Charles and Charles rose. I tried it at a tasting last month and it was love at first sip. Here’s the link http://bielerandsmith.com/
Omg. Can’t wait for your rosé guide. My liquor store just brought in a ton for the summer and I just stood in front of the case and had to pick which ones NOT to buy *insert rolling eye emoji here* I am rosé obsessed. I have a full carboy ready to bottle at home here as well….30 bottles coming my way very soon! You know it’s summer when!!!!
Be still my heart. My favorite summer topic is Rose. I am looking forward to your guide. My favorite is MacRostie Rose. Unfortunately you can only order it directly from the winery at the beginning of the season. It sells out quickly.
Love reading everyone’s favorites.
Gris Blanc is my Rose of the moment. Love it!
I love both black bean/veggie burgers and beef burgers, but the impossible burger was NOT for me. I thought it tasted like a subpar beef burger, but the deal breaker was the texture, sort of mushy and just overall strange.
As for rose I agree, I like drier ones, my go to that I can almost always find is apothic rose!
The impossible burger was a little more crumbly than I expected – probably would have been better as a sloppy joe than as a burger. I like veggie burgers, so I think I would go for that in the future, but I could see it being a good veg alternative for someone who just really loves/needs/etc meat. Definitely worth trying once just to see!
I used to have this soft serve machine that I used for parties!
Bota Box dry rose is so good for the price point!
If you read the ingredients of an Impossible burger, it tastes exactly like what it is, but with a grilled-ish after effect? I’ve tried it twice now and I’d prefer just a regular veggie burger if I’m not eating meat.
Oh my gosh – #3 – my grandma used to say piffle all the time. I love this lady’s rating system!! Also, I’ve been really resistant to rose because I’m a red wine drinker through and through but man…it is so good and refreshing especially on a hot summer day!! I’ve even got my husband drinking it. Looking forward to your guide!!
My fave is Crosé from King Family Vineyards in Crozet, Virginia. Beautiful color, nice and dry, and the bottle is gorgeous.
I first tried the impossible burger a couple months ago, back when I was still eating meat. It honestly looked and tasted just like the real thing, especially with toppings. I have no doubt I could feed it to someone who regularly eats hamburgers and they would be fooled. After cutting out meat for health reasons I’ve been eating the beyond meat burgers. They don’t taste as much like beef, but they’re still delicious and a great substitute when all I can think about is Shake Shack. I’d definitely recommend trying both of them! Also, Bold Rock does a great cider rose (they did it before Angry Orchard made it cool!), and it’s absolutely amazing.
I’m into Pratsch rose lately. It’s pretty dry and a tiny bit effervescent, and my wine shop sells out all the time.
i prefer the beyond burger to the impossible burger. i’m vegan but my husband isn’t, and he still enjoys the beyond burger!