Leftover Cranberry Sauce Dark Chocolate Overnight Oats.
Can I convince you to take five minutes out of your Thanksgiving night to make the best cranberry overnight oats?!
These overnight oats are filled with so much flavor and are so delicious that you’re probably going to want to eat them daily until Christmas. Or beyond!
They make for perfect snackage too.
I am such a HUGE fan of overnight oats. Love the texture. I love that they are cold (however I do remove them for about 30 minutes to take the chill off), I love that you can add so many toppings.
Frankly, that’s really what it’s about for me: TOPPINGS. Adding on nuts, chia seeds, hemp hearts, any kind of fruit, a drizzle of honey or maple syrup – all of that stuff is so, so good.
There is even an entire overnight oats bar in The Pretty Dish! To say I’m obsessed would be an understatement.
Since we have cranberry sauce here, I’d skip any sort of honey or syrup. And I would try to go for a really rich, dark chocolate. Above 70% cocoa, at least! Something that will add cocoa flavor without more overwhelming sweetness.
This is just my ideal jar right here. It’s creamy and chewy, it’s tart and sweet and there is crunch too. I mean seriously. What else could we possibly ask for?
P.S. welcome to Thanksgiving leftover central! I have so many delicious things that come with leftovers. We must discuss. First off, aside from these oats that you can prep on Thanksgiving evening, I love these leftover breakfast biscuits and these mashed potato waffles. I mean… those waffles are life.
AND. Oh my gosh – and. I have this leftover cranberry sauce greek yogurt coffee cake that is insane. And this roasted turkey potato chip BLAT! You’re basically set for the weekend. Tell me about your leftover game!
Chocolate Cranberry Overnight Oats
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup milk cow’s, almond, coconut, etc
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons leftover cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped dark chocolate
- sliced almonds
- chia seeds
- hemp heart
- The night before (or at least 4 hours before eating), stir together your oats, milk, chia seeds, extract and 1 to 2 tablespoons of cranberry sauce in a bowl or jar until combined. You can put everything in one jar now and divide it in the morning or do 2 separate jars right now. Stick it in the fridge and let it sit overnight.
- In the morning, stir in the remaining cranberry sauce. Top with the chopped chocolate, sliced almonds, chia seeds and hemp hearts. Enjoy!
Nowwww what can I do with leftover sangria. As if there is such a thing.