Snickers Almond Butter Tart.
Don’t even have words for this snickers almond tart. I mean, NO WORDS.
This is like grown up Halloween candy! Homemade adult candy.
Not to mention, it’s insane.
I’ve rambled on and on and on here on this little corner of the internet about how growing up, Snickers bars were my favorite candy bar by FAR. We didn’t really get to eat candy bars often, but on Halloween? I was all about the Snickers. I mean, I would give my brothers all my peanut butter cups JUST for their Snickers. Oh, and their mallo cups.
The joke was on me, because they hated peanuts (and coconut!) anyway and probably would have just handed them over freely.
Remember when I made Homemade Snickers Bars?! They remain one of the most popular recipes here on the blog. They make me so happy! And tastes (insanely) exactly like legit Snickers.
The weirdest thing about my love for Snickers? I really don’t care for nuts in desserts. Cookies and brownies with nuts are disastrous for sure, especially the classics. I’ve always said that nuts ruin desserts and sure, these days, I know there are a few desserts that are enhanced by nuts.
So what all goes in this tart? A TON OF DELICIOUSNESS!
First, an almond tart crust. It’s easy! It’s good! Almond flour, butter, maple syrup.
While the tart filling is no bake, you do want to bake the crust for a few minutes just to set it. No big deal, it only takes a second.
The filling? Homemade almond butter caramel. YES. Say it with me.
Almond butter caramel.
I cannot! This stuff is so so so good.
All you do is make a quick classic caramel with cream and sugar and then stir in almond butter until it all melts. Let it cool and thicken a bit and try not to eat the entire pot! Because it’s heavenly.
Even though it freaked me out a bit at first, I stirred chopped almonds into the caramel layer of the tart because my forever Snickers loving heart told me to. It adds the best crunch!
The top layer is a classic ganache. Topped with flaked salt.
You stick this baby in the fridge and serve it cold.
It’s rich. Like super rich. Decadent and ridiculously delicious! You see the slices I cut above in my tart? You can even cut in them half again, it’s so rich. However, a small bite is the perfect dessert.
If you want to serve something homemade and wildly wonderful, this is it.
Snickers Almond Tart
Snickers Almond Butter Tart
almond butter caramel
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a tart pan (mine is a 9-inch round) with nonstick spray.
- Place the almond flour, butter and maple syrup in a large bowl. Stir until combined and the mixture is all moistened. Press it into the tart pan, pressing up the sides slightly.
- Bake the crust for 10 to 12 minutes or until slightly golden. Let it cool completely.
almond butter caramel
- Combine the sugar, butter, cream and almond butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Whisk to combine, then cook and stir until the mixture is bubbling. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes until it slightly thickens and is smooth. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla. Let it cool to room temperature – it will thicken as it cools!
- Once it’s cool, pour the caramel into the almond tart crust. Top with the chopped almonds. Stick the tart in the fridge while you make the ganache.
- Place the chopped chocolate in a bowl.
- Heat the cream in a saucepan over low heat just until it’s warm and the edges bubble. Pour it over the chocolate and let it sit for a minute or two.
- Stir continuously until the chocolate melts, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the tart from the fridge and pour the ganache over top. Sprinkle with the flaked salt. Stick the tart back in the fridge.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or even overnight. To serve, slice into very thin slices because it is so rich. Serve immediately!
Probably going to frame that corner.