Roasted Broccoli Pimento Cheddar Melts.
These roasted broccoli pimento cheese melts are a lovely little lunch or snack! Toasted sourdough, melty pimento cheese and charred broccoli come together to make the most perfect cheesy, crunchy toast. We love them!
These pimento cheese melts are the way to my heart!
They are embarrassingly easy and incredibly delicious. So simple, yet pack a big punch.
A big lunch punch?!
Okay I’ll stop. They must find their way into your kitchen this week!
Last week, I promised you something fantastic with that pimento cheese recipe. And here is number one. A toasty sourdough, charred broccoli, melty, cheesy toast that will brighten your day. It can be a toast or even a crostini bite on little baguette slices.
If you find yourself with a plethora of pimento cheese… you have got to use it to make these wonderful melts! Sure, I’ve made pimento cheese grilled cheese before. And it’s super good. Very decadent and melty and wonderful.
But if you want something slightly simpler and if you want to incorporate a little of that classic broccoli cheddar flavor, this melt will be your new BFF.
Make it into a sandwich, keep it open-faced – whatever you desire!
It’s no secret what a fan of roasted broccoli we are in this house. I’ll spare you the ramble of “I just don’t know how it’s possible….” considering I loathed the sight of broccoli a few years ago. But it’s such a staple for us now – and if there is cheddar or any form of cheese involved?
HELLO I am so there.
First, we have all sorts of delish flavor going on here. Charred, roasted broccoli. Chewy yet toasted sourdough. All the savory, salty cheesy goodness. It’s a combination that cannot be beat.
Next, we have tons of texture too. The toast! The roasted broccoli! And the the gooey melty cheese.
It’s an actual treat for your tastebuds.
As simple as it may be, it’s such a satisfying little meal. Pair it with a good greens salad or even an extra side of roasted broccoli. It’s filling, tastes wonderful and so super easy to throw together.
Roasted Broccoli Pimento Cheese Melts
Roasted Broccoli Pimento Cheddar Melts
- 3 to 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and pepper
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- ½ cup pimento cheese
- ½ cup freshly grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Place the broccoli on a baking sheet and drizzle it with the olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper. You can also use an olive oil spray here! Roast for 15 to 20 minutes, until the broccoli just begins to get golden brown.
- While the broccoli is roasting, brush or spray the sourdough slices with olive oil. Once the broccoli is finished, remove the pan from the oven and transfer the broccoli to a boil or plate. Place the bread on the sheet. Bake for 5 minutes, just until it begins to get golden and toasty.
- Remove the bread from the oven. Spread the slices all over top with the pimento cheese. Top with the roasted broccoli. Sprinkle on the extra cheddar. Place the sheet back in the oven and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until melty, golden and cheesy.
- Remove from the oven. Sprinkle with some freshly cracked black pepper or even crushed red pepper flakes if you'd like. Serve!
Did you make this recipe?
Be sure to follow @howsweeteats on instagram and tag #howsweeteats. You can also post a photo of your recipe to our facebook page.
I appreciate you so much!
My kind of toast.
3 Comments on “Roasted Broccoli Pimento Cheddar Melts.”
will be making this and your pimento cheese soon perfect for my office snacks will dm you if i make this and let you know how it goes Thanks Ramya
Great lunch idea. I just happen to have left over roasted broccoli and pimento cheese in the frig. Perfect!!!
Pingback: Currently Crushing On. - How Sweet Eats