Sheet Pan Chicken and Peppers with Cashews. An Everyday Dinners Sneak Peek!
This sheet pan cashew chicken is the perfect weeknight dinner! The sauce is delish and my method for cooking the veggies and chicken works great, bringing the meal together in about 30 minutes. We adore this meal, which you can find inside my new book, Everyday Dinners!
I can barely contain my excitement – we are TWO WEEKS away from the launch of Everyday Dinners!
And I’m back today sharing one more sneak peek recipe with you before the launch. This sheet pan cashew chicken is in permanent rotation in our house – and it’s so delicious and satisfying. I can’t even explain how hard it has been to keep this recipe from you until now!
But first! Let’s talk Everyday Dinners!
It comes out in TWO WEEKS! May 4th, to be exact. Everyday Dinners is LOADED with – you guessed it – dinner recipes! They are perfect for busy weeknights, all include meal prep tips and tricks and are absolutely DELISH if I do say so myself.
YOU CAN PREORDER FROM:
Regardless of where you order you book, everyone can also get a signed book plate, essentially giving you a signed copy of the book.
In order to get a signed book plate for your book, you must follow these instructions below.
- Forward (or send a screenshot of your order) to email@example.com
- Include your name and full mailing address. The signed book plate will be arriving via snail mail (so you can stick it in your book!) and we will need your full mailing address to send it to you.
The book plates will ship separately from your book and may arrive before your book, so be sure to hold on to it!
Now back to our cashew chicken.
Sheet pan meals are so tricky. While I love how easy they seem, it’s difficult to figure out cook times and make sure everything on the pan cooks perfectly. You know?
It’s also easy to crowd the pan, which makes everything steam instead of roast. And then you lose lots of flavor.
Um, no thanks!
I use my go-to method for sheet pan meals for this recipe – and you’ve seen it before in my fajita and salmon recipes too. I cook the vegetables first, so they get all caramely and roasty and wonderful. You know, the best way to do veggies?!
After a nice little roast of those, I push them all over to the side and add the chicken and cashews. Do another roast and and we’re good to go!
The sauce thickens and the cashews get all golden and toasty too. We love it!
This meal is so wonderful served with some jasmine or basmati rice – even if you just get a one of the minute containers of it!
Leftovers are fantastic too – especially for lunch. I love how easily it comes together. It’s such a great example of the meals in Everyday Dinners. Super good, a huge crowd pleaser and one that everyone asks for over and over!
Sheet Pan Cashew Chicken
Sheet Pan Cashew Chicken
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts , cut into pieces
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashews
- brown or white rice, for serving
- toasted sesame seeds, for topping
- green onions or chives, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. In a bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, honey, vinegar, sesame oil, garlic and ginger.
- Place the vegetables on the baking sheet and cover them with half of the sauce. Toss well. Roast in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes. Meanwhile, place the chicken in a bowl and cover it with the remaining sauce.
- After 15 minutes, push all the vegetables to one side. Place the chicken pieces in the marinade on the baking sheet. Add the cashews on the sheet as well. Roast again for 12 to 15 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Toss everything together on the sheet before serving. Serve over rice and sprinkle with green onions and sesame seeds.
Flavor city, hello!