Grilled Chicken Caesar Sandwiches.
We absolutely adore these grilled chicken caesar sandwiches! They are so juicy and flavorful, smoky and simple. The caesar dressing is practically drinkable and they are super easy to throw together. Perfect for a quick summer dinner!
I’ve got a new favorite dinner in the line up for you!
These grilled chicken caesar sandwiches are one of those meals that look ridiculously simple, and well… they kind of are. But they are SO incredibly flavorful and just taste so GOOD. These are idea for a warm summer evening or even a busy weeknight. Add in a glass of chilled white wine and HELLO it is heaven.
I’m always looking for easy, delish dinner ideas for weeknights and these cannot be beat. I was inspired to make them after falling in love with my grilled buffalo chicken sandwiches last year – which we freaking LOVE! They are so flavorful and delicious.
I knew we could do something similar with another combo that I adore so much – chicken caesar salad! Just… minus the salad.
But we do have some green leaves sooooo… there’s that.
The caesar dressing is my classic fave that I’ve used for years. You’ve read me ramble about it for ages and it’s truly the best. Greek yogurt based with a little bit of everything. Don’t skip the anchovy paste! It really makes it taste like traditional caesar and adds that savory pop.
You can make the dressing ahead of time and store it in the fridge. I don’t use the actual dressing as marinade, but instead toss together some olive oil, garlic and dijon for a quick marinade for the chicken. The caesar dressing is just going to be our sauce/topping for the sandwiches. Or our dip! Whatever you want it to be.
The marinade is so easy and you can let the chicken soak for 30 minutes or even overnight, whatever you have time for. The real kicker is how smoky and wonderful the chicken tastes right off the grill!
I love to use brioche buns here (they are the best) and crispy romaine leaves for the sandwiches. This combo is what really makes up the chicken caesar flavor explosion.
It goes like this:
The brioche buns are buttery and soft. They almost melt in your mouth – and if you grill them? Even better.
The romaine is so refreshing and crisp and reminds you of that base of a classic caesar salad.
Our chicken is smoky, flavorful and juicy. I like to use thin-sliced chicken breasts, whether you buy them like that or slice them thin yourself, because that’s just what I prefer to bite in to. You know?
And then the caesar dressing finishes it all off. That stuff is drinkable, I swear.
Of course, you can also add in a sprinkle of parmesan cheese (on the bun and the chicken, even on top of the dressing!) and a spritz of fresh lemon, which adds a nice brightness and pop for when it’s warm out.
You can serve this with something as simple as kettle chips (yes please!) – or even a pasta salad or grilled vegetables. Corn on the cob would be a great option too! And if you want to keep the entire thing caesar-themed since you will probably have extra dressing, try my kale caesar crunch salad. Maybe add a pretty fruit plate!
Just absolutely love it.
Grilled Chicken Caesar Sandwiches
Grilled Chicken Caesar Sandwiches
- As a note, I like to use thin-sliced chicken breasts for this, because it’s what I prefer to bite into. You can use 4 large chicken breasts or 4 thin chicken breasts - use what you like! If you only have 2 large chicken breasts, you can also slice them lengthwise to make 4 pieces.
- Place the chicken in a dish or resealable bag to marinate. Whisk together the olive oil, dijon, garlic and a big pinch of salt and pepper. Pour the marinade over the chicken and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or even overnight. Remove the chicken from the fridge about 30 minutes before grilling. At this time, I like to prep the caesar dressing. You can make it ahead of time and store it in the fridge too.
- Preheat the grill to high and let it heat for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade, letting the excess drip back into the dish. Place the chicken on the grill and grill about 3 to 5 minutes per side (depending on thickness), until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. Remove the chicken and let it rest for 5 to 10 minutes. I also like to grill the brioche buns too!
- To assemble, I like to add some caesar dressing on the bottom of the bun. Top with romaine, then top with the chicken. Spritz with lemon if you wish. Drizzle with caesar dressing and sprinkle on parmesan cheese. Top with the bun and serve!
- To make the dressing, add the garlic, yogurt, parmesan, mustard, vinegar, anchovy paste, lemon juice, salt and pepper to a food processor and blend until pureed. With the processor still on, stream in the olive oil until a creamy dressing forms. (This will probably make more dressing than needed, but you can store it sealed in the fridge for about 3 to 4 days and stir well before using.)
Dinner is served.