Hot Honey Roasted Brussels Sprouts.
Hot honey brussels sprouts are the perfect side dish! Crispy brussels sprouts that are sweet & spicy, topped with feta and chives. So delicious enough to eat right off the pan.
You are going to be obsessed with these hot honey brussels!
That’s the only word I can use here. They are crispy and charred, sweet and spicy. Topped with crumbled feta and chives. The ultimate fall side dish!
I loooovvvve brussels sprouts!
Every time I write that I still can’t believe it, and my seven year old self can’t believe it and neither can my 15 year old self or even my 21 year old self. But I do, I do! And I’m so glad.
When it comes to the hot honey, you can either make your own or buy it in stores, I have lots of recipes here on the blog where I made my own – mostly because I wanted to start using it before it was sold anywhere in stores!
These days, it’s pretty easy to find in grocery stores or speciality stores or even online. I’ve had the Mike’s hot honey before and usually keep a bottle in my pantry or fridge. I love to use it on dishes where it’s unexpected – pizza, burgers and now… brussels sprouts.
While we love brussels in this house, I’m always looking for a new and exciting way to make them. Something unique or just different – you know, it’s the millennial in me. And I’m excited to tell you that these roasted brussels are legit.
They are also embarrassingly easy. We’re talking olive oil, hot honey, salt and pepper. Roast them until crispy and charred. Sprinkle with crumbled feta and chives.
Super simple and quick!
These are so good that I can’t help but eat them straight off the baking sheet.
As soon as the brussels come out of the oven, I love to do a sprinkle of crumbled feta. That way it gets slightly melty. It adds the perfect tang, a hint of creaminess and a cooling flavor to the brussels. I toss on some chives too, for color and an extra little pop of flavor.
You can add more or less honey to this recipe depending on how sweet + spicy you like them. I like to roast them, but you can also make these in a skillet – toss them in a hot pan with stir until crisp.
Definitely heading up the brussels sprouts fan club over here!
Hot Honey Brussels Sprouts
Hot Honey Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 2 pounds brussels sprouts, stems removed and cut in half
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons hot honey, plus more for drizzling
- kosher salt and pepper
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a bowl, toss the brussels with the olive oil, hot honey and a big pinch of salt and pepper. Spread them out on a nonstick baking sheet. You can use foil on the baking sheet if you wish - I suggest spraying the foil with nonstick spray.
- Roast the brussels for 15 to 20 minutes, tossing once or twice in between to make sure the honey doesn’t burn onto the pan. If you have larger sprouts, you may need to roast them a bit longer.
- As soon as the brussels come out of the oven, transfer them to a dish and top with the crumbled feta, another drizzle of honey if you wish and the chives. Serve immediately!
- Note: If you find that your brussels don’t crisp up, you might want to try 2 sheet pans and spread them out more. Crowding the brussels sprouts can make them steam and not roast in the oven.