Chipotle Roasted Cauliflower Pitas.
These chipotle roasted cauliflower pitas are amazing! Spicy cauliflower with hummus, feta and greens stuffed in a super fluffy, warm pita makes for a satisfying and delish meal.
I love a good meatless monday meal!
When a meatless meal comes out of my kitchen, it’s not always my intention to create one! I really just throw together what sounds good at the moment and before I know it… delicious dinner on the table sans meat.
That’s kind of what happened with these cauliflower pitas!
These pitas are warm and fluffy, stuffed with a blanket of hummus, a spoonful of spicy, toasty cauliflower and a sprinkle of feta.
So. I often roast cauliflower with chipotle chili powder – and top it with cheddar, but that’s neither here nor there! – and decided to make it the main dish. Thrown inside the pita bread? Yes please!
This cauliflower is tossed with chipotle chili powder, garlic, smoked paprika, and olive oil before it’s roasted to perfection. Cauliflower was the first vegetable I ever liked when roasted. I even thought it sort of tasted like… popcorn? Weird, I know.
Anyway, I love it! And it’s so fantastic coated in the spices and roasted until golden and toasty. It’s so darn good, you will want to eat it straight off the baking sheet.
Now when it comes to the pita bread, I’m a huge advocate for making your own if you 1. have done it before and have the time and/or 2. aren’t in a huge rush.
Homemade pitas are far superior to store bought. They are so much softer and fluffier. They are more pliable so you can actually fold your pita sandwich. And they are usually more flavorful too!
But if you’re looking for a quick weekend meal? I’d just buy them. For instance: if I was making these at home, I’d make the pitas because I’ve done it a million times and can do it easily. If Eddie was making these, he’d buy the pitas because making them homemade would add a layer of stress.
Definitely a no-go on a weeknight.
While I LOVE the homemade pitas and want you to make them, I suggest doing so on a day when you have more time or even a weekend morning. They are a true delight, and once you make them, you will be hooked. I swear!
So when it comes to the meal, when you’ve got the pitas, this comes together SO quickly!
You really only need three ingredients aside from the cauliflower: hummus, feta cheese and micro or spring greens.
This part is super customizable too. I love a classic hummus, but you could use any flavor here that you love. Use your favorite, whether it’s roasted garlic or red pepper – whatever you enjoy. Then the feta sprinkle goes on the cauliflower and the greens go on top.
So darn easy, but super flavorful.
Chipotle Roasted Cauliflower Pitas
Chipotle Roasted Cauliflower Pitas
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- kosher salt and pepper
- 4 to 6 pita breads
- 1 cup hummus, for spreading on pitas
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- a few handfuls of microgreens or spring greens for topping
- Note: if you want to make the homemade pitas, do those first! You can even make them ahead of time.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place the cauliflower florets on a baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil and toss well. In a bowl, stir together the chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Sprinkle all over the cauliflower and toss until combined. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes, tossing once during cook time.
- To assemble the pitas, spread about ¼ cup hummus (or however much you’d like!) on the pita bread. Add a few spoonfuls of the cauliflower on top. Sprinkle with feta and top with a handful of spring greens. Serve!
Best dinner ever.