Spinach Artichoke and Chicken Skillet Lasagna.
This spinach artichoke skillet lasagna is deliciously comforting and cheesy! Made with shredded chicken and farfalle pasta, it’s super easy, flavorful and huge crowd pleaser all around.
This is one dinner you are not going to want to pass up.
This spinach artichoke chicken pasta is DIVINE. Like really so, so delicious and a huge crowd pleaser for the entire family. The flavor is spot on. It’s loaded with some veg, shredded chicken, ricotta cheese and pasta. Baked until hot and bubbly and served as the ultimate bowl of comfort food.
Okay okay maybe I have a little obsession with them.
And I hesitated to call this one a skillet lasagna, because it’s the first time that I didn’t use actual lasagna noodles! I used farfalle instead, and while I’m not particularly fond of bow ties, my kids are. I knew it would be a major win if I used them.
WOW. Everyone ended up loving this so much. I was pleasantly surprised at how delicious this is!
The leftovers are also really fantastic.
The best part about these skillet pastas? You can layer, you can toss everything in, it can be an utter mess and will still come out tasting fantastic.
So let’s see how I make it!
- My go-to these days seems to be using a rotisserie chicken. I KNOW. It’s just so, so easy. I get one at costco every week and let’s be real – it’s always right there in the fridge exactly when I need it. If I’m not using it to make quesadillas or soup, it’s going in a pasta and is just perfect.
- I shred the rotisserie chicken in this instance, but you can chop it too. While I work on that, I cook some pasta so it’s ready to go. You could always do these steps ahead of time so the dish is ready to be thrown together on a busy weeknight.
- The first thing I do is saute some onion and garlic. Next, comes the fresh spinach and artichokes. Most delicious combo, right?!
- I toss the chicken into the spinach artichoke mixture. Then comes a bit of cream and a bit of chicken stock. Along with some shredded mozzarella.
- Next, toss in the pasta and add a few dollops of ricotta cheese. Finally, bake it until warm and golden and bubbly and cheesy and melty!
Can’t even explain how good this one is. While it is very cheesy and comforting, the artichokes bring a little spring brightness to the dish. It’s cozy and perfect for this time of year!
Spinach Artichoke Skillet Lasagna
Spinach Artichoke and Chicken Skillet Lasagna
- 8 ounces farfalle pasta, or your favorite cut of pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- kosher salt and pepper
- 12 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 1 (14 ounce) jar artichoke hearts in brine, drained and chopped
- 1 cup shredded chicken
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- finely grated parmesan cheese, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the instructions. Drain and set it aside until you’re ready to use it.
- Heat the olive oil in a large oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Stir in the onions and garlic with a big pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes, until the onions soften. Stir in the spinach and the chopped artichoke hearts. Cook for another 5 minutes, stirring often, until the spinach wilts. Stir in the shredded chicken.
- Stir in the pasta. Stir in the cream and chicken stock until combined. Continue to heat until the liquid is simmering. Stir in the mozzarella. Add on the ricotta cheese in dollops and sprinkle on some parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the pasta is hot and cheesy and bubbly. Sprinkle with parmesan and serve. I like to give it a quick stir before serving!
Could just swan dive in.