Summer Tequila Fruit Punch.
This summer tequila fruit punch is perfect for a BBQ or pool party. Cherry and pineapple and orange mixed with tequila, bubbles and frozen peaches to keep it all chilled. SO fun.
Grown up fruit punch is exactly what this holiday weekend needs.
This spiked fruit punch is a fun party drink that is packed with pineapple and cherry and bubbly and more. It’s perfect over ice on a hot summer day and a little goes a long way! Trust me.
Now to be honest, if someone handed me a glass of something like Hawaiian Punch or Minute Maid Fruit Punch, something that was around when I was a kid, I’d gladly pass. Any kind of juice that is sweet enough to hurt my teeth? No thank you, I would rather have a glass of practically anything else.
And that’s a big but. When there is a boozy punch on the menu or at the party? I can be swayed. Easily.
A few weeks ago we took a little staycation to a local resort and they had quite the cocktail menu. I couldn’t try everything because, hello, family time! But they had fruit punch on the menu and I couldn’t pass it up. It sounded super good and refreshing. I had to try it, if only a few sips for research!
Research for us to be able to make it at home this summer and enjoy it by the pool. Or on the beach. Or the patio!
I have to say that I got the recipe to match almost exactly. It tastes almost identical. While the one I had contained a few delicious fruit purees (like peach and passionfruit), I knew that wouldn’t work here. I don’t have time to puree different fruits before throwing everything in a pitcher to drink – and I don’t think you do either.
So I kept the pineapple and cherry flavors, went with some orange liqueur, some other bubbles… and this fruit punch was born.
And, um, my favorite part? The frozen peaches used as ice cubes, of course! This is my favorite summer hack. Get a bag of frozen peaches and use them as ice in your drinks. In this case, we’re using an entire bag. The peach slices not only chill the drink, but also infuse a good amount of peach flavor into the pitcher.
They also taste amazing once you finish your glass.
Here’s what goes into our tequila fruit punch!
- Tequila, obviously. I love to use Casa Amigos blanco
- And entire little jar of maraschino cherries. Yes the cherries and the juice.
- Pineapple juice!
- Grand Marnier or Triple Sec or another orange-ish liqueur.
- Club soda for some bubbles.
- Dry sparkling rosé (like this one) or even Prosecco for MORE bubbles.
- And frozen peaches, to chill the whole pitcher!
Let’s just say that this fruit punch… packs a punch. Oh yes. It’s definitely sweet and tastes like the fruit punch of my youth, but in a good way. Aside from the booze, of course. If you are not into sweet drinks, this is not for you.
But if you like to make a summer punch and tequila is your mixer of choice? We’re good!
Tequila Fruit Punch
Tequila Fruit Punch
- 12 ounces frozen peaches
- 12 ounces maraschino cherries
- 8 ounces tequila
- 8 ounces club soda
- 6 ounces pineapple juice
- 4 ounces grand marnier or other orange liqueur
- 12 ounces dry sparkling rosé or prosecco
- Place the frozen peaches in a pitcher. Add in the entire jar of the cherries (fruit and the juice), along with the tequila, club soda, pineapple juice and grand marnier. Stir well. Top off with the sparkling rosé or prosecco - make sure this is DRY! Taste and add more club soda if the drink is too sweet.
- Serve over ice, with the peaches and cherries for garnish.
Did you make this recipe?
Be sure to follow @howsweeteats on instagram and tag #howsweeteats. You can also post a photo of your recipe to our facebook page.
I appreciate you so much!
Summer in a cup!
5 Comments on “Summer Tequila Fruit Punch.”
I need this ASAP.
Any suggestions if you don’t want bubbles? I never know what to sub for the soda. My stomach doesn’t handle carbonation well. Thank you! :)
Thanks for the tequila fruit punch recipe.
Looks SO refreshing!