Creamy Pancetta Gnocchi.
This creamy pancetta gnocchi is perfect for the holiday season! Cozy, comforting and comes together in one pot, it’s filled with parmesan and sun dried tomatoes. Super delicious!
Special fancy gnocchi for your holiday week!
This creamy gnocchi dish is filled with crispy pancetta, lots of garlic, parmesan and sun dried tomatoes. It is so lovely and delicious.
The best part: we’re cooking the entire thing in one pot. I mix up the sauce then add the gnocchi right in. It only takes a few minutes to cook and also helps thicken the sauce a bit. It’s a very simple preparation for what tastes like a more elegant dish.
Over the summer, we went to my dad’s favorite restaurant when we were on our Boyne City vacation. It was just me and my parents and ended up being a nice little date! He had wanted us to try this restaurant the entire week, and we got a reservation for a later dinner.
EVERYTHING on the menu looked incredible. I ended up going with the gnocchi, which was a creamy dish with pancetta and sun dried tomatoes. I rarely order a creamy pasta dish (unless I’m splitting it!) because I get full so quickly and feel like I’ve sunk into a food coma.
But this… I just couldn’t resist.
It was fantastic, and I knew instantly that I wanted to recreate it when I got home.
This is a rich, indulgent, special and fancy kind of dish. Perfect for a holiday or a birthday, or just when you want some fancy comfort food for dinner one night. I highly suggest serving it with a big greens salad to cut the richness.
Even though I’ve deemed this another “fancy” dish – it couldn’t be easier. These are the ingredients:
Diced onion and garlic
Chopped sun dried tomatoes
Dry white wine
Sounds like a match made in heaven right? I mean, I adore all of those things and you just can’t beat a cozy, comforting creamy bowl of pasta on a twinkling light kind of night.
It’s a big hug in a bowl!
Creamy Pancetta Gnocchi
Pancetta and Sun Dried Tomato Christmas Gnocchi
- 4 ounces diced pancetta
- ½ sweet onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- kosher salt and pepper
- ½ cup chopped sun dried tomatoes, patted dry
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- 16 ounces uncooked gnocchi
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- fresh basil, for garnish
- Heat a large skillet or saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the pancetta and cook until some of the fat has rendered but it’s not fully crispy. Stir in the diced onion and garlic. Cook, stirring often, until the onions are soft and the pancetta is fully crispy, about 6 to 8 more minutes.
- Stir in the sun dried tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir in the white wine to deglaze the pan, scraping up any bits from the bottom with a wooden spoon.
- Add in the heavy cream and stir. Bring the mixture to a simmer. Stir in the gnocchi. Cover the pan and cook for 5 minutes, stirring once or twice. Remove the lid and test the gnocchi for doneness. If it’s still firm, cook for an additional 1 or 2 minutes.
- When the gnocchi is done, stir in the parmesan. Feel free to add an additional drizzle of cream if needed.
- Serve immediately topped with fresh basil and some cracked black pepper.