Everything Smoked Salmon Dip.
This everything smoked salmon dip is the perfect snack or appetizer! Cream cheese mixed with sour cream and torn smoked salmon, lemon, herbs and lots of everything bagel seasoning. Serve with crackers, chips, veggies and more!
One more snack for the holiday season!
This everything bagel dip is filled with torn smoked salmon, herbs like dill and chives, some lemon and tons of everything bagel seasoning. It’s delicious served on toast, pita crackers, bagel chips or even with veggies.
It’s a huge hit!
I promise we’re not turning into a smoked salmon blog over here. But, I love smoked salmon and find it to be perfect around the holiday season! I always have it for breakfast during christmas week, which is crazy – I should have it more often. It feels fancy though and saving it for special occasions is usually how it works.
Making it into a dip to have for appetizers and snacks? I’m all about that. That way, we can enjoy it at all times of the day and it isn’t just seen as a breakfast or brunch food. So here we are – grab your chips!
This is my version of the Trader Joe’s everything bagel dip… but it’s better. I do like that dip, but I find it a little plain. For lack of a better word. Just plain yogurt or cream cheese and everything bagel seasoning.
This version of it is SO much better if I do say so myself. It has depth of flavor – we have lemon and herbs and the everything seasoning, of course.
I first shared an everything seasoning recipe in my first cookbook. I used to have to make it on my own, before the Trader Joe’s version was available. These days, you can find it just about anywhere. I will gladly buy a store-made version as long as it doesn’t have fennel or caraway seeds.
The dip itself has a wonderful whipped texture – the result of cream cheese and sour cream being mixed to perfection. And then, the smoked salmon! My favorite part.
I love smoked salmon so much that I didn’t think I would like it INSIDE a dip. It’s so good on its own – but I LOVE it in this dip. It’s the best of both worlds: the cream cheese and salmon, mixed with the everything seasoning then scraped on a crunchy chip. The texture! The flavor! Top it with pickled onions for the perfect bite.
Make it ahead of time… have it out for holiday brunch or appetizers with champagne. And ENJOY!
Everything Smoked Salmon Dip
Everything Smoked Salmon Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, torn into pieces
- 3 tablespoons everything seasoning, plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, plus more for sprinkling
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon dried dill
- pickled onions, for topping
- bagel chips, pita chips, crackers, pita chips, crackers for serving
- Mix together the cream cheese and sour cream. Stir in the salmon, everything seasoning, chives, lemon zest and dill. This can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge overnight!
- Before serving, sprinkle with chives, everything seasoning and top with pickled onions. Serve with crackers, pita chips, bagel chips, veggies or anything else you love.
Hot pink accompaniments never hurt.