Our Favorite Taco Salad.
Our favorite taco salad is loaded with all the best toppings and served with some of our favorite dressings. Cilantro lime, chili mango or salsa ranch is the perfect dressing for this crunchy, satisfying salad!
Getting ready for taco Tuesday over here!!
Because let me just tell you, I make the best taco salad ever.
I swear! See… the best taco salad is made with refreshing crisp lettuce, seasoned taco meat, juicy tomatoes, scallions, corn, crunchy tortilla strips and the most delicious dressing.
And the best part? I have three dressings that I love that you can choose from!
We’re all about the BEST of everything today.
These dressings are tried and true loves, ones that we adore and will enjoy based on what we’re in the mood for. You choose from:
Cilantro lime. This is a major go-to and I’ve shared in it multiple recipes here on the blog before.
Salsa ranch! This is for all my ranch lovers out there. I make my homemade ranch dressing and stir in my favorite classic restaurant-style salad. So good.
And finally, chili mango. This is for my sweet and spicy friends, those who enjoy a creamy dressing with a hint of heat and lots of lime.
The dressings are what elevate the taco salad and make it feel different each time. Each dressing makes it feel special. Whether you go with the classic cilantro vinaigrette or a creamy ranch based one.
Now this salad is nothing groundbreaking. It is just… a taco salad! But it’s a really good taco salad and I’m going through everything we love to have on our salads. I mean, I like it so much that I actually sometimes prefer the salad to the actual taco itself.
Which is crazy.
Because I will eat a taco at any time. Every time!
There is something about these ingredients though – when combined, they are super delicious. Season lettuce tossed with cilantro. Ground turkey or beef or even chicken. A bunch of our favorite taco toppings. Don’t forget the corn for sweetness and the pickled onions for tang. You can also add on some salsa or beans or whatever you love.
The point of our favorite taco salad?
It’s SUPER satisfying. So crunchy, so filling and loaded with all the flavors you love in a taco. And the dressings are what makes it different each time!
My cilantro lime dressing is more of a vinaigrette. Bright, refreshing and tastes green in a good way.
The salad ranch is simple too. I make my homemade greek yogurt ranch dressing. Then I stir in some restaurant style salsa (I really like Herdez) until I get the flavor I desire. This also stays great in the fridge for a few days and it’s an incredible dip. Tortilla chips, veggies, pretzels – the options are endless.
My chili mango is creamy and cool, with lime juice and lots of tajin seasoning. The texture is similar to a creamy vinaigrette and it’s delish!
And let me remind you: I use my nutribullet for ALL of these dressings. It’s the best. It’s super small, easy to use and even easier to clean. It makes dressings that are emulsified and smooth and it’s my ideal way to use it. I can’t live without this appliance.
And that’s how you make our favorite taco salad!
Our Favorite Taco Salad
Our Favorite Taco Salad with 3 Dressings
cilantro lime dressing
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 ½ tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
chili mango dressing
- ½ cup fresh mango chunks
- 1 teaspoon chili lime seasoning, like tajin
- 2 limes, juiced
- ⅓ to ½ cup olive oil
- kosher salt and pepper
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt or sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives or ½ tablespoon dried chives
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- ½ tablespoon fresh parsley or ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ cup your favorite salsa
- To make the salad, toss the lettuce with fresh cilantro and a big pinch of salt and pepper. Top with tomatoes, corn, green onions, pickled onions, tortilla chips, seasoned taco meat and guacamole or avocado. Drizzle all over with your dressing of choice. Enjoy!
cilantro lime dressing
- In a blender or food processor, combine the lime juice, honey, garlic, cilantro salt, pepper, pepper flakes and olive oil. Blend until combined and smooth (some pieces of cilantro may remain). Leftovers stay great in the fridge for a few days! Store it in a sealed container.
chili mango dressing
- In a blender or food processor, combine the mango, chili lime dressing, lime juice, olive oil and a big pinch of salt and pepper. Blend until combined and smooth. Leftovers stay great in the fridge for a few days! Store it in a sealed container.
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until pureed and combined. Stir in the salsa. Store in the fridge in a sealed container. This lasts for about a week!
Extra chips please!