Sheet Pan Buffalo Chicken Meatballs & Broccoli.
These buffalo chicken meatballs are baked on a sheet pan with broccoli florets for the perfect meal! Drizzle with wing sauce and my greek yogurt blue cheese dressing for an extra pop of flavor!
Easy meals are the name of the game right now!
These buffalo chicken meatballs are filled with flavor and roasted on a sheet pan with broccoli florets. Once finished, they are drizzled with buffalo wing sauce and my greek yogurt blue cheese dressing, then topped with a big shower of green onions.
The combination is fabulous! Juicy meatballs with savory flavor, refreshing bites from the herbs, a little bit of heat from the wing sauce and a cooling drizzle of yogurt blue cheese to cut the spice.
Talk about a major crowd pleaser.
I already have a slow cooker buffalo chicken meatball recipe. But this is a flavor we enjoy so much that I wanted a quick and easy weeknight version. One that I can throw together for sandwiches or right on a plate with vegetables.
See, my family goes CRAZY for meatballs – any and all kinds. The kids love them, Eddie and I love them and they are such a perfect dish for busy weeknights. Plus, they reheat super well. Put them in a wrap, eat them for a snack. The options are endless!
Our most loved vegetable is roasted broccoli, so it just made sense to combine these two favorites. It’s such a winning meal. This is something that everyone in our house will eat!
The meatballs are filled with so many ingredients that I love to serve with buffalo chicken. Things like shredded carrots, cilantro, green onions and even gorgonzola. The gorgonzola is the perfect cheese to add to meatballs because it’s so crumbly. It allows a few tiny pockets of melty cheese to sneak into each meatball!
I add a quick drizzle of wing sauce to the meatball mix too to up the flavor too.
Now I have two different methods for making the meatballs. The first includes searing them in a skillet. Once the meatballs are formed, I like to do a quick sear in a pan just to get that golden brown color. This also helps the meatballs retain some moisture!
Then, I throw them on the pan with the broccoli florets. Both the meatballs and broccoli are finished in 15 to 20 minutes. A drizzle of wing sauce, another drizzle of greek yogurt blue cheese and the dish is perfect.
This extra step takes just a few minutes and makes a big difference in my opinion.
However! If you don’t feel like browning the meatballs, you can place them right on the baking sheet to bake. They will need a bit longer in the oven, so in this case I bake them for about 10 minutes, then add the broccoli to the sheet pan and finish for another 15 to 20 minutes.
Both are easy methods.
Both are incredibly delicious!
You can serve both of these alongside rice or potatoes if you want an additional side dish. I love making this meal ahead of time to prep for lunches – the leftovers are delicious.
Oh, and how can I forget my greek yogurt blue cheese dressing? I know I’ve rambled about how delicious this dressing is (it’s extra good on my sticky chicken fingers!), but it really takes this entire recipe over the top. I love it with both the meatballs and broccoli. It’s an ideal dip or dressing!
Certainly going to be a 2024 fave!
Sheet Pan Buffalo Chicken Meatballs & Broccoli
Sheet Pan Buffalo Chicken Meatballs with Broccoli
- 1 pound ground chicken
- ⅓ cup italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- ⅓ cup shredded carrots
- ⅓ cup chopped green onions, plus more for serving
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup buffalo wing sauce, plus more for drizzling
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon ranch seasoning
- kosher salt and pepper
- ⅓ cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a bowl, combine the chicken, bread crumbs, carrots, onions, ranch seasoning, cilantro, wing sauce, chives and a big pinch of salt and pepper. Mix until almost combined, then stir in the gorgonzola cheese. Form the mixture into 1-inch meatballs (I wet my hands to do this, which makes it easy to roll smooth meatballs!).
- This is not required, but I like to quickly brown my meatballs in a skillet. This gives them that gorgeous golden color and seals in the moisture.
- To brown the meatballs, heat one tablespoon of the olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the meatballs and cook for 1 minute until brown, then flip and brown the other side.
- Transfer the meatballs to a sheet pan. Add the broccoli florets on the other side of the pan. Drizzle the broccoli with the remaining olive oil and sprinkle all over with salt and pepper.
- Place the pan in the oven and roast for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the broccoli is golden and the internal temperature of the meatballs reaches 165 degrees F.
- Remove and drizzle the meatballs with more wing sauce. Drizzle with the blue cheese dressing and sprinkle with green onions. Serve!
yogurt blue cheese sauce
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl, mashing the blue cheese in as you stir. Serve immediately! You can make this ahead of time and store it in the fridge.