We have a new favorite meal.

And yes, I said “we.”

I know that you may think that our “meals” consist of Mr. How Sweet chomping on steak while I munch chocolate-covered bacon.

And while that is mostly true, I do need some real food every once in awhile.

Buffalo Chicken Burgers I howsweeteats.com

I figured since we love buffalo chicken dip, buffalo chicken pizza and buffalo chicken tenders so much, why not create buffalo chicken burgers?

Perfect with a side of celery and bacon ranch dressing.

Buffalo Chicken Burgers I howsweeteats.com

Obviously I didn’t eat the celery since green veggies make me cry, but I did taste the bacon ranch dressing.

Like that was even in question.

Buffalo Chicken Burgers I howsweeteats.com

The burgers were so delicious.

It is rare that I want meat, but I practically devoured this.

I was afraid Mr. How Sweet wouldn’t like it. I’m not sure why. I guess I thought that it may scare him off since it is not regular old burgers like he is used to. When it comes to meat, the man doesn’t like change.

But he loved them too. In fact, his word was “obsessed.” And he is not nearly as dramatic as I am.

So I knew they had to be great.

Buffalo Chicken Burgers I howsweeteats.com

Buffalo Chicken Burgers

makes 4-6 burgers

1 lb ground chicken breast

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon pepper

1/2 tablespoon italian seasoning

1/4 cup buffalo wing sauce

1/2 cup parmesan cheese

2 ounces sharp cheddar cheese

bacon ranch dressing + buffalo wing sauce for topping

4-6 whole wheat buns

Preheat grill or skillet.

In a large bowl combine ground chicken, salt, pepper, italian seasoning, parmesan and buffalo wing sauce. Mix until just combined. Form into patties.

Grill or pan-fry patties until brown on both sides and cooked through, about 8-10 minutes. In the last 2 minutes, place 1/2 ounce of cheddar cheese on each burger. Place burgers on whole wheat buns and top with a drizzle of bacon ranch (I used Kraft) and buffalo wing dressing.

Buffalo Chicken Burgers I howsweeteats.com

Don’t worry, that is just buffalo wing sauce and bacon ranch dressing spilling out of the side up there. No need to run away in fear. Unless you are running to make these. Which is something I highly suggest.

130 Responses to “Buffalo Chicken Burgers.”

Ashley — August 30, 2010 @ 1:22 pm

I just bought ground chicken! I know what I’ll be making!

Kristina (my life as a mrs) — August 30, 2010 @ 1:48 pm

YUM. I love anything spicy / buffalo! I HAVE to try this ASAP :) Thanks for the Recipe. Loving the blog…

Sues — August 30, 2010 @ 2:20 pm

These look just glorious!! I have a thing for anything buffalo flavored, but my bf has an even bigger thing for it! So, I’m sure he will go crazy if I make these. I love the cheese melting off :)

susan from food blogga — August 30, 2010 @ 2:58 pm

Damn, those look good. Perfect for Monday Night Football!

liane — August 30, 2010 @ 3:02 pm

oooohhhhhh!!!
    You could make them into sliders and have them as an appy at a party!!
    Although, let’s be honest, I’d probably eat them all myself.

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) — August 30, 2010 @ 3:07 pm

“It is rare that I want meat, but I practically devoured this.”–

That is so ripe for TWSS potential. I rarely want meat either. Of any kind. LOL

Got your email, makeup girls, yeah, bee-otchs. Get a life girls. Trust me, I know all too well :)

Had a great workout sesh and a TJs run. Send me your addy, I’ll mail you some peach salsa and anything else you need from there. Consider it my payment for the online therapy the past few :)

xo

Stephanie — August 30, 2010 @ 4:09 pm

Starred this bad boy in the google reader — anything buffalo + chicken gives me major points in this house! ;)

Katie (Sweets and Veggies) — August 30, 2010 @ 5:04 pm

Those look so good!! I love spicy buffalo chicken! I’ll definitely have to give those a try sometime.

Taylor — August 30, 2010 @ 5:53 pm

This looks delicious! Thanks for sharing, chocolate covered bacon is so good!

Laura — August 30, 2010 @ 6:02 pm

Yumm…I must make these for my man!

Lindsay @ Pinch of Yum — August 30, 2010 @ 6:25 pm

Ohhh tastyyy. My husband would love these. Translation: I would love these.

Allie — August 30, 2010 @ 6:43 pm

Mmm… those look delicious. I’m always looking for a new buffalo chicken recipe!

Salah@myhealthiestlifestyle — August 30, 2010 @ 6:45 pm

I just ate dinner and those pictures have already made me hungry again

Kat — August 30, 2010 @ 6:57 pm

yum! I love that you use chicken with buffalo sauce

Ashley — August 30, 2010 @ 7:03 pm

GREAT burger photos!!!

Kristie — August 30, 2010 @ 7:24 pm

OMG feed me. I thought I was ready for bed but now I’m ready for burger instead.

Ari — August 31, 2010 @ 7:55 am

Love reinventing classic flavors in new ways. This burger looks great, thanks for sharing!

Lauren — August 31, 2010 @ 9:40 am

What a great recipe just in time for football season! :)

Dee — August 31, 2010 @ 2:30 pm

I want this for dinner! What a great recipe for fall!

marla {family fresh cooking} — August 31, 2010 @ 8:30 pm

It is too late for me to be reading this. Now my tummy is grumbling big time. Love these chicken burgers!

Stephy — September 3, 2010 @ 9:55 am

I love buffalo chicken anything. Good thing I need to make a monthly trip to Safeway!

Tracy — September 16, 2010 @ 4:16 pm

Just made them…just devoured them. Delicious! And my daughter agreed to split another with me :)

edgar c. — September 25, 2010 @ 8:06 pm

just made this one tonight for a fight night…
    they were amazing…
    thanks!

Tarrah Dame — October 27, 2010 @ 8:12 am

I made something very similar to this myself! it turned out great and me and my boyfriend loved it! I love seeing what other people do differently in recipes I make :)

Emily — December 9, 2010 @ 1:25 am

I just made this for me & my fiance – WE LOVED THEM!!!!!!! This recipe is saved, and we will DEFINITELY make them again!!! Thanks for the recipe! You are awesome!

jessicaisbaking — December 28, 2010 @ 12:42 am

this was delicious!! I made a quick Gorgonzola sauce to go with it! Thanks!

Kari — January 1, 2011 @ 3:07 am

Jessica…I love you! These buffalo chicken burgers are amazing. So amazing that my husband took a bite…looked up at me…and said “WoW! These are AMAZING!!.” Well g2g…I still have half of my burger left and I can’t wait to finish it!!!

Christa — January 7, 2011 @ 3:20 pm

I made these for me and my brother last night…SUPER YUMMY!! The only issue i had was i used a cast iron skillet to cook them and they sticked a lot [probably cause it was my brand new IKEA grill pan :) and i didnt grease it enough]. To complete our fat-fest i made oven fries and homemade blue cheese dip..that i ate with a spoon.

• Jessica — January 7th, 2011 @ 3:22 pm

You are a girl after my own heart!

Heather M — January 10, 2011 @ 12:21 am

I just made a batch for my bf and I, He and I both loved them! t<3 Its our new meal for game nights! thanks for sharing!

Ashley — January 18, 2011 @ 4:09 am

THESE WERE AWESOME! I loved them. Used Anchor Bar wing sauce and it tasted amazing. I will definitely make these again and my husband loved them as well.

Tiffany — February 1, 2011 @ 5:20 pm

Made these last night for dinner. These were excellent. Perfect heat and I did add that piece of bacon. Thanks Jessica this is a keeper.

brooklynn — April 10, 2011 @ 11:54 pm

I FINALLY made these tonight after seeing this post months ago. They were delicious, easy, and a favorite of all of my housemates– and my boyfriend. Thanks so much for sharing!!

Keelia — April 21, 2011 @ 8:43 am

I just made these the other night and they were absolutely delicious! Everyone loved them!

• Jessica — April 21st, 2011 @ 9:28 am

SO glad Keelia!

Kelly — May 9, 2011 @ 4:30 pm

No joke, I’ve made these once a week for the past month. Everyone in the house loves them. One question, mine never seem to want to stay cohesive when I’m cooking them..sometimes they became more of a bbq sloppy joe than a burger. This recipe is so good that it hasn’t mattered what form the “burgers” took post-grilling. I’ve experimented with making them thinner, adding eggs, adding eggs & breadcrumbs, adding less bbq sauce(no, don’t do this!) Has that happened to anyone else?

beth — July 7, 2011 @ 8:43 pm

just made these tonight and they were a BIG hit. The italian seasoning was a great addition, but I probably added a lot less as I just eye-balled it. I also forgot to add the parmesan cheese but decided to forget it and make it a little healthier….guess what’s for lunch tomorrow?!! thanks for this great recipe

Total Zelanity — August 3, 2011 @ 10:44 pm

I made these for dinner tonight and oh my goodness were they scrumptious! I had to substitute ground turkey for the chicken, but it was still a delicious meal, served with a side of oven roasted green bean fries and mac n cheese. My 2 yr old at most of his burger (bunless, of course!) and all of his “fries”! Thank you so much for such a fun and tasty meal!

girl_with_a_curl — January 18, 2012 @ 11:39 am

I made these last night. They were delicious!!! However, they were VERY crumbly both in the pan & on the buns. Next time I make them I’ll be adding some bread crumbs and maybe an egg to glue them all together a little better.

Scrum-diddly-umptious though!!! I fully crumbled one of the leftover patties and brought that with some iceberg lettuce leaves for buffalo chicken lettuce cups/rolls/wraps/whatever-you-wanna-call-them for lunch today – can’t wait!!

Jolie — February 3, 2012 @ 9:23 pm

Will they be good with ground turkey?

• Alex — April 10th, 2012 @ 12:48 pm

Yes, that what I used. I usually use turkey even if a recipe days ground chicken

Jill — February 27, 2012 @ 10:04 pm

Made these tonight. Super Yummy. My hubby loved them and he’s a big burgers should be beef kinda guy. :)

Alex — April 4, 2012 @ 10:24 pm

Just made these today! They were fantastically delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks!

megan — July 26, 2012 @ 8:32 pm

made these tonight. So good. Tried making the healthified onion ring recipe too but that was a bust which Im sure was my fault. I freaking love buffalo wing sauce. Its going in everything this week, I can just feel it….

Michele C. — August 23, 2012 @ 10:37 am

whoa. I’m definitely adding these to the list for post-vacation…. maybe even up at the cabin, these would rock!

Channing — March 20, 2013 @ 3:58 pm

My husband and I have made these twice and absolutely love them! It’s his favorite. Thanks for sharing!

Whitney — April 25, 2013 @ 4:40 pm

I made these earlier this week and I ate TWO cuz I was just so depressed knowing the first one was gone. They were SO SO SO SO SO SO good – thank you so much for your amazing recipes!

scott — September 22, 2013 @ 8:43 pm

I made these tonight and they were good, but not necessarily as good as the other comments here. My recommendation is to ratchet back the parmesan cheese, and add more wing sauce. Also I’d recommend tomato and/or onion be added to the burger to diversify the flavors. Let me know what you think…

FoodJunkie — January 25, 2014 @ 10:59 pm

These sound really good. However for Buffalo chicken burgers I’d probably go with a drizzle of blue cheese dressing instead of the ranch for a more authentic taste.

Lexie — September 8, 2014 @ 8:28 pm

LOVED these burgers!!

1. Pingback: what’s cooking good lookin | While I Breathe I Hope

2. Pingback: Talkin’ Bout My Generation: Eats. | stephanie olesen.

3. Pingback: Flower Friday! « Greek Yogurt & Apple Slices

4. Pingback: Peanut Butter Fingers » Buffalo Chicken Burgers

5. Pingback: Food after post op - ThinnerTimes - Gastric Bypass Forum, Lap Band Forum, and Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy Forum

6. Pingback: buffalo chicken burgers | brooklynn's balance

7. Pingback: Bargain Finds & Buffalo Chicken Burgers…. « With a Side of Hope

8. Pingback: Chicken, Bacon and Caramelized Onion Macaroni & Cheese by How Sweet It Is | The Family Kitchen

9. Pingback: The Vegan Diaries: And then there was one… « Anywho…

10. Pingback: BBQ Chicken Burgers | How Sweet It Is

11. Pingback: Holy Yum – Buffalo Chicken Burgers | My Bizzy Kitchen

12. Pingback: Buffalo Chicken Burgers « the recipe mooch

13. Pingback: Asian Turkey Burgers with Spicy Lime Mayo. | How Sweet It Is

14. Pingback: Perfect Presents for Him

15. Pingback: Buffalo Chicken Burgers | Kathleen's Mean Bean Machine

16. Pingback: celebrate – football {buffalo style!} | Café Zupas

17. Pingback: 25 Super Bowl Recipes | How Sweet It Is

18. Pingback: Buffalo Chicken Burger and Italian Chicken Burger « IamSimplyTia

19. Pingback: Buffalo Chicken Burgers « Livin' Life In Louie

20. Pingback: BBQ Chichen Burgers « Shelly Speaks

21. Pingback: BBQ Chicken Burgers « Shelly Speaks

22. Pingback: Savor Local Flavor | Festival Foods Blog

23. Pingback: The Galanter's Kitchen » Buffalo Chicken Burgers with Cheddar

24. Pingback: Buffalo Chicken Burgers & Garlic Cilantro Fries | What's Cooking In My Kitchen

25. Pingback: Buffalo Chicken Burgers | Home Recipes Catalog