Can we have a party?

Spiked Rice Krispie Treat Shake Shooters I

No, really. We need to have a party.

Because we must drink these little shakes together.

It’s probably the only time that it’s acceptable for us to do shots in invisible internet friend world. (false.)

Spiked Rice Krispie Treat Shake Shooters I

If you follow me on instagram, then you know that a week ago I had a shake just like this for lunch. Rice krispie treats are one of my guiltiest pleasures and I just could NOT get over it.

You know why.

Come on. I know you do.

Say it with me… the texture! Given the texture freak that I am… gah. This straight up does me in.

These squishy little squares were one of my favorite things ever when I was a kid – and I’m talking about the REAL kind, not the ones in the metallic blue package. Those ones sort of ruined my life because when they came along, we stopped making the real ones as often and that just… sucked. Give me some rice krispie treats, some gushers, a Saved By the Bell marathon (I’ll take some college years too) and a caboodles case full of string so I can weave my own candy stripe. I’ll make you one. I swear.

P.S. did you know that Kelly Kapowski turned 40 yesterday? I died a little inside.

Spiked Rice Krispie Treat Shake Shooters I

So. All we have here is a vanilla marshmallow milkshake, spiked of course, with actual rice krispie treats blended in. Couldn’t you just add the cereal and skip the treat making? Eh. Possibly. But no. I assume the cereal would get soggy without the marshmallow bind and just be quite blah. Plus, you NEED the treats to cover the top with. And eat into oblivion.

And they come in fun little shooter size for things like that certain football game everyone is talking about. (in that case, you can find a million recipes here and here.) You can totally make one giant or two semi-large shakes to consume yourself, but the mini ones are fun for a crowd. And leaves room for extra SNACKS.

Okay I’m out. Rice krispies and all.

Spiked Rice Krispie Treat Shake Shooters I

Spiked Rice Krispie Treat Shake Shooters

Yield: makes about 12 double shooters or 2 full milkshakes

Total Time: 25 minutes

3 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 cups rice cereal
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup vanilla (or marshmallow fluff) vodka
2 cups vanilla ice cream
1/3 cup marshmallow fluff

To make the rice krispie treats, add the butter to a large pot over medium heat. Whisk constantly until the butter is sizzling and brown bits begin to form in the bottom of the pot, about 5 minutes. Turn the heat down to low and immediately add the marshmallows, stirring continuously with a wooden or heat safe spoon until melted. Stir in the vanilla extract. Turn off the heat and add the cereal, stirring until it's all combined with the marshmallows. Press the mixture into an 8x8 baking dish and let it sit for 15 minutes.

To make the milkshakes, add the milk, vodka, ice cream and marshmallow fluff to a blender. Take about 3/4 of the rice krispie mixture and break it apart, tossing it into the blender. Blend and pulse until the milkshakes come together then pour them in glasses. Take the remaining rice krispie treats and cut them into small chunks, placing them on top of the shakes with fat straws. Serve immediately with fat straws. They are a must!

[inspired by a shake at burgatory]

Spiked Rice Krispie Treat Shake Shooters I

mini means eat more. #truth

78 Responses to “Spiked Rice Krispie Treat Shake Shooters.”

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers — January 24, 2014 @ 7:54 am

YAH!!!! Let’s have a party today!! This is just awesome and so darn creative! I have never heard or seen such a drink and i know I would LOVE it!!! Great way to end a workweek and a great way to start a weekend! Happy Friday to you! Cheers!

Taylor @ FoodFaithFitness — January 24, 2014 @ 7:55 am

I literally just grabbed my laptop, ran to my hubby and was like “WE NEED TO DRINK THIS!” Jessica, this is so creative and completely delish…I am stoked that it’s Friday so I can justify having these shooters…for dinner. Good thing I keep vanilla vodka stocked like it’s mah job!

Kelli @ The Corner Kitchen — January 24, 2014 @ 7:59 am

Oh, you have totally outdone yourself! I don’t even know which way is up right now. I have a date with these shooters this weekend!!

Shea @ Dixie Chik Cooks — January 24, 2014 @ 8:00 am

SHUT YOUR MOUTH!!! How fun!

Betsy @JavaCupcake — January 24, 2014 @ 8:19 am

Woah. Serious amounts of woah. Like vodka in your krispie treats!!?!? WOAH!

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat — January 24, 2014 @ 8:21 am

These look awesome Jess! I had to laugh about your ‘real’ vs blue packet rice krispie square comment… as a kid my mum would always let us make the ‘real’ ones, but it never failed that every time we went grocery shopping, I’d ask for the blue packet ones because all my friends had them. To be honest though, they really tasted nothing like the homemade kind, which are SO much better! Happy Friday!

Meg Jones | The Spatularette — January 24, 2014 @ 8:29 am

But these are just TOO good!

DessertForTwo — January 24, 2014 @ 8:31 am

I saw that on Instagram, and I thought I would have to wait weeks for the recipe! I’m so glad it’s here! Yay!

Amy — January 24, 2014 @ 8:32 am

Molly @ Yes to Yolks — January 24, 2014 @ 8:46 am

YES! That is all I have to say…you have rendered me speechless.

Kim in MD — January 24, 2014 @ 8:50 am

I want this NOW! You are making it very hard to keep my NY resolutions, Jessica!

Brie @ Entrée the Giant — January 24, 2014 @ 8:57 am

My husband texted me some trivia yesterday: “Guess which one of my ex-girlfriends is forty.” As a hint, he included the best Kelly Kapowski pic he could find, featuring that brunette bombshell in a Bayside sweatshirt. In case you’re wondering – yes, the sweatshirt was off the shoulder – and no, my husband never really dated her. Only in his dreams :)

• Jessica — January 27th, 2014 @ 9:12 pm

Eddie — January 24, 2014 @ 8:57 am

Because these contain cereal, I can have them for breakfast, right?

Averie @ Averie Cooks — January 24, 2014 @ 9:20 am

Browned butter RKTreats are seriously one of my fave desserts ever. I love RKTs so much I have a pinterst board just for them. They never get old! This is, omg, the BEST USE EVER of RKTs! Spiked. With even more fluff and gooey factor. You are the most creative person I know!!! :)

Tieghan Gerard — January 24, 2014 @ 9:25 am

These are awesome. Rice krispies are the best and milkshakes rule.

betty — January 24, 2014 @ 9:27 am

gushers! and rice krispie treats FTW. there’s still nothing quite like them!

I found out yesterday, the movie spice world is 17 years old. ugh. shots for breakfast!

foodnerd4life — January 24, 2014 @ 9:42 am

I really need this right now! No fair! Right I’m getting the ingredients after work! Yum!

FoodNerd x

Nora&Laura — January 24, 2014 @ 9:43 am

WOW that looks so good!! stunning!

Pretend Chef — January 24, 2014 @ 9:49 am

Breakfast!… Okay okay… I’ll stick to this being an after hours treat. Yummy!

Sophie — January 24, 2014 @ 9:55 am

Oh these look SO good

Jamie @ Dishing Out Health — January 24, 2014 @ 10:32 am

YOU ARE A GENIUS! :) in love with this idea! Need to try ASAP!

MB — January 24, 2014 @ 10:43 am

Gushers! Caboodles! <3

Aishah @ Coffee, Love, Health — January 24, 2014 @ 10:48 am

I haven’t had a rice krispie treat in SO long.. Starbucks recently added them to their pastries and I went for it. It was so good and reminded me of childhood. But I have no doubt homemade is even better- combined with a shake- omg. :)

Liz @ Tip Top Shape — January 24, 2014 @ 10:53 am

Well, now I know what I’m making for my super bowl party!

Kailley @ Kailley's Kitchen — January 24, 2014 @ 11:09 am

I think I just found my new favorite recipe, and I haven’t even tried it yet! This sounds INCREDIBLE. Pinned!

Beth @ bethcakes — January 24, 2014 @ 11:16 am

These shakes are so fun and tiny! I love that you made your own rice krispies for these. And added vodka. Yes. Wish I had some for lunch today. ;) Love your photos!

RavieNomNoms — January 24, 2014 @ 12:01 pm

Oh my lawdy! You have completely outdone yourself my dear! WOW, those look so great! I cannot even imagine what I would do if those were at a cocktail party! haha

Ashley @ Wishes & Dishes — January 24, 2014 @ 12:17 pm

OMG!!! This is insane!

Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar — January 24, 2014 @ 12:21 pm

I want to come to this party so, so, bad!! FUN!

Miss @ Miss in the Kitchen — January 24, 2014 @ 12:25 pm

Without words to describe how much I love this!

Ashley @ Hudson on the Potomac — January 24, 2014 @ 12:52 pm

Oh my gosh, I NEED one of these! I don’t care that there’s snow on the ground. Vodka warms the body, right?!

Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner — January 24, 2014 @ 2:03 pm

Are you frickin’ kidding me? These are ridiculous. And I want one.

Alyssa — January 24, 2014 @ 2:31 pm

I’m stuck at my horrible job until 5 and after that, I’m going grocery shopping. And Rice Krispies just got added to my list. I have Smirnoff Fluffed Marshmallow Vodka at home and Edy’s Vanilla Ice Cream getting freezer burned in my freezer. It’s kismet.

PS, Did you know they still make Rice Krispy Treats Cereal and they sell it at Walmart?? Yeah, I’m going there tomorrow.

• Jessica — January 27th, 2014 @ 9:12 pm

my life is now over. i must buy some.

Amy — January 24, 2014 @ 3:08 pm

The Single Rice Crispy Treat in the blue package was bad enough. The Rice Krispie Treats Cereal, however, was worse and COMPLETELY haulted my consumption of the real, goeey krispie treats for years to come (until I got off my lazy a$$ and just made them myself… in every flavor and shape imanginable. Have you done fluffernutter rice krispie treats yet? Just asking…

• Jessica — January 27th, 2014 @ 9:13 pm

i have! love love love them with pb.

Ali Burtt — January 24, 2014 @ 3:53 pm

Here’s a super truth: I have an Invisible Internet Friend that I “met” 15 years ago. One night we were bored and started doing shots (him: Jaeger, me: vodka) over IRC. We’ve never met in person. We are still Facebook friends and spend a lot of time talking about books, movies and Cards Against Humanity.

It is TOTALLY acceptable to do shots with IIFs. So there.

• Jessica — January 27th, 2014 @ 9:13 pm

this is amazing.

Larry — January 24, 2014 @ 3:58 pm

It’s as if you peered directly into my soul and were like “DAMN Larry needs one of these right about now!” Love you.

Mallory @ Because I Like Chocolate — January 24, 2014 @ 4:56 pm

Rice Krispie Squares alone don’t do it for be but I think I can get on board if it is in milkshake form!

Sara — January 24, 2014 @ 5:02 pm

This looks amazing!! I love Burgatory’s shakes, especially the burnt almond torte one.

I’m curious, where did you find the (super cute) fat straws?

• Jessica — January 27th, 2014 @ 9:14 pm

target last year – they were out with their easter line.

• Sara — January 29th, 2014 @ 2:00 pm

Ah, very good. Gotta love Target!

Michelle @ A Healthy Mrs — January 24, 2014 @ 5:12 pm

Oh my gosh, these sound so good! I haven’t had a rice krispie square in waaaaaaaay too long — perhaps I need to fix that!

Have a great weekend!

Angelyn @ Everyday Desserts — January 24, 2014 @ 5:19 pm

NO, I need this in my life!!!

Audrey — January 24, 2014 @ 6:15 pm

These look amazing. It’s not a guilty pleasure if there’s no remorse! ;)

Amanda @ Once Upon a Recipe — January 24, 2014 @ 6:27 pm

I like your brain a lot.

Brian @ A Thought For Food — January 24, 2014 @ 10:58 pm

How do we think rum or bourbon would taste in this? Maybe I just have to give it a try and report back. #toughjob

KEISHA@MochaBakerGirl — January 25, 2014 @ 8:28 am

I would loove to party with you! Im not a big drinker but these shakes look amazing! I definitely want to try one. And those straws are too cute. Where did yoy get em?

• Jessica — January 27th, 2014 @ 9:14 pm

target last easter!

jann jones — January 25, 2014 @ 9:30 am

Oh, my, gahhh, i was just thinking of whipping up a batch, and either adding chocolate chips, or drizzling chocolate all over… Both? Now i gotta try this, too… With my homemade, chocolatey RKTreats, of course!! Yummers!! And those fat straws can be located at Walmart, probably Target, Fred Meyer and New Seasons, in Portland, Or…good luck

Arthur in the Garden! — January 25, 2014 @ 2:48 pm

Wow! That’s interesting!

Paula – bell’alimento — January 25, 2014 @ 5:05 pm

Holy sweetness! These krispie treat shooters are call my name! Beautiful pictures!

• Jessica — January 27th, 2014 @ 9:14 pm

thanks love!

Melissa @ Treats With a Twist — January 25, 2014 @ 8:10 pm

PARTAYYYY!!! Omg Caboodles?! Yes!
    And the blue packaged ones?! I have literally NEVER eaten a whole one! I love the homemade ones so much (and my mom just never bought the packaged kind), that when I really want one and those packages are tempting me, one bite has me scraping my tongue on a paper towel and running to the store for mallows. Done.
    PS I’ll do shots with you if they involve krispie treats! Or chocolate chip cookies! Both!

Nikki — January 26, 2014 @ 1:15 am

I turned 40 a couple of weeks ago. And I died a little inside too. Enjoy your thirties girl, they fly by.

Emily @ Life on Food — January 26, 2014 @ 7:16 am

And now I must make rice krispies!

1. Pingback: Weekly Round Up | recreative works blog

2. Pingback: Italian Sausage Lasagna Cups | Dixie Chik Cooks

3. Pingback: Rice Krispie Treat Pancakes with Browned Butter Syrup. - Half Baked Harvest

4. Pingback: Spiked Brown Butter Rice Krispie Treat Shake Shooters | Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice

5. Pingback: honeystuck

6. Pingback: What I’m Reading 1.30.14 | honeystuck

7. Pingback: Link Love: 01.31.14 - Glossy Blonde

8. Pingback: Rice Krispie Treat Garnished Shots | Pixel & Pint Blog

9. Pingback: Weekly Recap | Planning for Paris

10. Pingback: Elegant Cakes – Fluffernutter Milkshake

11. Pingback: Fluffernutter Milkshake | Yummy Cake

12. Pingback: Paast ja eluoluline salat | laualamp

13. Pingback: Boozy Lucky Charms Cereal Milkshakes with Marshmallow Frosting | How Sweet It Is

14. Pingback: Boozy Lucky Charms Cereal Milkshakes with Marshmallow Frosting. | pinmeplease

15. Pingback: Rice Krispie Treat Milkshake