First, let’s start with the most important thing.

I saw a SUNSET in a plane in the MORNING.

Or so I said on instagram. I clearly meant sunrise. It was pretty. I took the picture a few minutes after taking off in Pittsburgh on my way to Kansas City.

I wear these bright pink headphones on planes and don’t care. Earbuds hurt my ears. I put these obnoxious things most likely meant for a ten year old on my head and go to sleep while listening to James Taylor. Yep yep.

I went to Kansas City for go blog social, but also because I had to see THESE BABIES. Eeek. If you have not clicked on that link yet, you probably should. I’ve told you before but you should also probably follow Bev on instagram. It’s like baby reality TV but insta captions. I can’t stand it.

And they are more ridiculously adorable in person. And so teensy. Squeezable. The cheeks just make me die. They don’t lie. I basically sat and stared and them for eight hours straight.

And Bev sings to them WHILE SHE PLAYS THE GUITAR. Before every nap. It’s freaking fantastic. Bev once sang Lisa Loeb’s Stay to me in a video and and it was pretty much the best day of my life. I can’t imagine how they must feel. I’m jealous.

Also, she not only looks like a supermodel a few months after birthing twins but she is still cooking – things like this soup. Even though Aaron made us the sandwich and heated up the soup. I adore their little family.

And beer happy hour, because friends!

Okay, what else. Friday morning I talked about blog things at GBS. Friday night I was in my fluffy hotel bed by like 5PM and it felt so freaking good to do nothing at all. I had all intentions on getting up and going out, I swear. But. I.just.couldn’t.move. That’s also when I ordered a salad with a side of a fly but that’s neither here nor there.

More good food in KC! Where did we eat… some oklahoma joe’s and…

lulu’s for thai. Last year Bev and I ate at lulu’s and I was in love. It is so dang good.

When I got home, I made a giant vat of iced coffee. Before we watched the ACM’s I did a mini post plane facial of clarisonic -> mint julep mask -> glam glow thirstymud mask – > dr. jart sleeping facial -> avocado eye cream. I think it worked miracles. (false.)

I’ve been rockin’ dinner this week. Monday, I made some of our favorite thai coconut curry that was loaded with chicken, bok choy, sweet potatoes, red pepper and snow peas. I accidentally stuffed too many veggies in the pot and I could barely stir the mess. Plus coconut rice. For life.

Last night I made the executive decision to make breakfast for dinner. Eggs, bacon, whole wheat pancakes, spring greens, shredded brussels and some peppers and crispy potatoes. Like total comfort food.

Annnnd that’s the play by play. Most of these photos are via instagram and they are all taken with my iphone because I am a child and cannot carry my large and in charge camera around without complaining all day. I didn’t take too many. I heart the iphone though. I’d have no photos without it.

p.s. thank you for being so supercalifragilistically amazing in last week’s overshare. You made me feel all the things.

32 Responses to “Real Life Wednesday: Squishy Cheeks and Beer.”

Liz @ the lemon bowl — April 9, 2014 @ 7:12 am

I am so jealous you got to squeeze those babies. I’m also thrilled to know I’m not the only one who loves that mint julep mask! PS can we get Bev to record a baby lullabye album? I would pay $493837.

ashley - baker by nature — April 9, 2014 @ 7:36 am

Oh those babies!!! I seriously die every time I see them!!! So jelly you got some cheek squeezing action! And that sunset is gorg!!! P.S. I had no idea you were a PA gal too?! And that sunset. Frame worthy.

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat — April 9, 2014 @ 7:36 am

I was practically drooling over your dinner when I saw the Instagram pic last night! It sounds like you had a fabulous little trip away, and I have to agree, those babies are super cute! If I ever meet you in real life, I think we should make/go out to eat #ALLtheThaifood. Can never have too much!

Los | The Man, The Chef, The Dad — April 9, 2014 @ 8:02 am

What? She has two babies, sings and plays the guitar before every nap, and has time to cook soup? What in the hell am I doing wrong?!

That’s a great sunset.. lol

And the breakfast for dinner looks amazing.

I fear that if I ever get a fancy shmancy grown up camera that I’ll be too lazy to carry it and pull it out everywhere. buuuut I still want one.

Speaking honestly: I look forward to your non-food posts more than your food-food posts. Just thought I’d put that out there.

DessertForTwo — April 9, 2014 @ 8:18 am

I’m SOOOO glad she took you to Oklahoma Joe’s. It’s the best barbecue ribs I’ve ever had in my life, and I’m Texan, so it’s hard to admit that.

I’m still kicking myself for not coming to KC! I could have hung out with y’allllll. Next time!

Jenny Flake — April 9, 2014 @ 8:47 am

Those babies!! Her instagram is seriously the best!! Loved seeing you two together, nothing like time spent with friends….and babies :) Happy Wednesday!

Ashley — April 9, 2014 @ 9:11 am

THOSE BABIES!!!!! Will’s always concerning look is hilarious and Natalie is just like…I’m chillin’. Bev pretty much kills me with those photos. Glad you got to relax the first night, minus the FLY..ew. I am also surprised your headphones are not bedazzled. You need to get on that. ;)

Amanda Williams — April 9, 2014 @ 9:12 am

I live in KC and have to agree, Lulu’s is fantastic! I haven’t been for far too long though, I’m taking this as a reminder to go again. Also totally needing to try that thai coconut curry. I absolutely love your easy chickpea curry and make it all the time.

Ursula — April 9, 2014 @ 9:16 am

Beautiful sunrise! Breakfast for dinner is one of my favourite things. I feel like I’m rebelling…against who? I don’t know. Great blog! I love the pictures and am impressed they’re from an iphone. Lugging the big camera sucks sometimes

Christine @ Cooking with Cakes — April 9, 2014 @ 9:26 am

GLAMGLOW! I cannot say enough about their products, they are perfection!

also – shared love of thai food, being lazy at 5pm, and obnoxious plane attire? hi, so glad we’re friends :)

Laura (Blogging Over Thyme) — April 9, 2014 @ 9:45 am

Speaking of Bev’s babies…I was on the phone with my sister the other day and she randomly (I didn’t even know my sister HAD instagram) said, “are you following Bev’s twins on instagram?!” –> those babies are famous.

Lindsay — April 9, 2014 @ 9:53 am

That coconut rice … AH-Mazing! I made it with your chili beef stir fry a couple weeks ago and ever since it has been my go to rice! I can’t imagine rice any other way now!! And totally understand the camera lugging woes. and it’s like right after a take a pic with my fancy camera, gotta take one with the iPhone to post to instagram…

bev @ bevcooks — April 9, 2014 @ 9:57 am

Coooooome baaaaaack!

Next time I promise not to show you my c-sec scar.

But probably not.

Jesse — April 9, 2014 @ 10:00 am

I see you got the Z-Man! I live in KC and am still jealous of you right now.

Annie @ Annie's City Kitchen — April 9, 2014 @ 10:33 am

Those babies- I CAN’T HANDLE THEIR TINY LITTLE FACES. So adorable. I love these Wednesday posts because I’m a snoop so keep them coming please!

Ilona @ Ilona's Passion — April 9, 2014 @ 10:33 am

Cute babies, it seems you had a nice trip!

joelle @ on a pink typewriter — April 9, 2014 @ 10:52 am

I want your brinner right now, for my own breakfast. Can you start a food delivery service or something please?

cheyenne — April 9, 2014 @ 11:03 am

breakfast for dinner is always a winner (ha)!
    xo,cheyenne

Melissa @ Treats With a Twist — April 9, 2014 @ 12:34 pm

I’m dying! What is the purple Boba drink you have there? And I’ve been begging my husband for those headphones for months (why don’t I just go buy them? Because I too am a child and feel like it should be a gift…so dumb) bc I haven’t listened to any music in the gym bc I can’t wear ear buds anymore (yes, I totally die going to the gym with zero music). Anyways. Bev’s babies kill me. So sweet.

Connie — April 9, 2014 @ 2:05 pm

Aww, how adorbs are those little babies? You are definitely lucky to photograph those squishy cheeks! (Didja get any of their teeny toes? I love teeny toes!) What a fun time with blogger friends and tasty eats :-)

Lauren @ Focused To Be Fit — April 9, 2014 @ 3:33 pm

I love breakfast for dinner! That is an epic spread of things breakfast should be…and dinner!

Michelle @ A Healthy Mrs — April 9, 2014 @ 4:06 pm

All of your food looks so good! The photos are making me hungry! :)

JulieD — April 9, 2014 @ 7:33 pm

I love boba!! I’m obsessed! And the babies…so cute!!

Emily @ Life on Food — April 9, 2014 @ 9:48 pm

I love Oklahoma joe’s. So fun you went there. Next time I am in town I will have to check out lulus. Your plate looks massive and delish.

Phi @ The Sweetphi Blog — April 10, 2014 @ 2:28 pm

Ahhhh….so cute!!! Loved this overview!

Elizabeth — April 10, 2014 @ 4:44 pm

That bubble tea looks yum! What flavor? That’s an intense skin regimen post-plane – love Mint Julep mask!

xx,
    Elizabeth

dervla — April 10, 2014 @ 9:10 pm

so much to comment on here…where to start?! Ok, cheeks = amazing, clarisonic = rocks my world/skin, coconut curry? = you’re naming all my favorite things. Your trip sounds amazing. Oh, and the sunrise? Gorgeous. Now if you see fireworks from a plane you’ll can die happy.

Jess — April 11, 2014 @ 9:23 am

I kept hoping I would see you two out and about in Kansas City! I had visions of totally fan-girling both of you and the little bebs.

Erin — April 11, 2014 @ 10:33 am

I just thought you needed to see this, so I’ll leave it here:

Emilie — April 12, 2014 @ 1:35 pm

Lulu’s AND Oklahoma Joe’s?!? I’ve been following your blog for a while, and seeing this makes me so homesick as I’m a native Kansas City-an transplanted to Texas. I miss it so much! Thanks for a little taste of home!

MFPeterson — April 12, 2014 @ 9:57 pm

You went all the way to KC to have Thai food at Lulu’s when you could’ve just gone to the best Lulu’s EVER on Craig St?! Haha…I miss Dr. Fu’s noodles so bad since moving away.