1. When I was away last week, I shared 5 of my favorite quick and easy dinner ideas on Kelly’s blog. Then I totally forgot to tell you about it. Fail.
2. Ashley came over today and we spent the day doing very productive and important things like BS-ing for 5 hours. Oh! She also brought me these peanut butter cup donuts. I might die. Someone needs a donut pan…
I need to make this recipe immediately.
3. This is so.. weird? brilliant? insane? cool? creepy? … weird? I don’t know. Whatever.
4. Remember a few weeks ago when I mentioned Ulta’s 21 days of beauty? I also bought this moisturizer and I freaking love it. I never use anything on my face makeup-y besides blush, but now I can’t get enough of this. Awe.Some.
5. My computer is so slow I’m about to chuck it out the window. I would also appreciate someone (you) handing me a few toothpicks to hold open my eyelids.
6. I always looked forward to Halloween as a kid even though I loathed (and still do) dressing up in a costume. Now I really look forward to handing out candy because for some reason that is totally fun for me. Mr. How Sweet insists on buying big candy bars because apparently he supports rotting teeth. I am a total Snickers lover but honestly? I always root for the underdog – the often overlooked and underestimated Mallo Cups.
7. I was a master Halloween candy-stealer from my brothers growing up. I was good at trading too. “Hey… I’ll you this half-opened pack of stale Sweet Tarts and this apple from my bag if you give me 5 of your king-sized peanut butter cups.”
8. I always want to buy Mallo Cups but uh… I have this thing called a food blog? I think I know what to buy to hand out “for the kids” this year.
9. Speaking of Halloween, my dad used to get a giant pumpkin, cut out the bottom and clean it out, cut eyes and a mouth (important!) in it, put a sheet over his head and body then wear the pumpkin over his head… and sip beer through a straw in the mouth hole while we trick or treated. Love?
53 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
I usually find dressing up a very stressful task but if I get to sip beer through a straw I’m totally down with your dad’s idea.
4:30pm on the dot, you rock, love Tuesday Things.
Also, #9 would be awesome if you sat real still your yard and scared the kiddos. Creepy and awful, sure, but totally worth it to see the scared little faces run off to the next house.
More candy for me!
I love dressing up! I believe I peaked two years ago when I went as Gilly from SNL. It was a last minute decision spurred by a random afro wig that I had. And I could do the voice. All night random people would testily say “Gilllyyy” to me and it was awesome.
If you are wondering what in the world I am talking about, here’s a Gilly SNL clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD6IiJdVWg8
Your dad is awesome!
I always loved the houses that gave out full sized candy bars… you guys are the cool house! We are not… my husband hates Halloween… he turns the lights off and leaves a bucket on the steps while I’m out with the kiddos. At the end of the night we have a full bucket of candy still sitting on the steps. Who wants to walk up a creepy long driveway with no lights on?
Those donuts look so good! I’m the exact opposite about costumes though, I love dressing up and wish there were more occasions for it!
those donuts look ridiculously delicious… but that pinterest picture? hmmm. not sure… :)
HAHA that is awesome of your dad! My dad had this weird full on robe-thing with no openings, just like a giant nightshirt, with a huge hood. He would flip the hood up so you couldn’t see his face and stand at the top of our stairs handing out candy. Probably drinking beer, too.
Also, WHAT is a Mallo Cup?
Your dad sounds awesome! My uncle used to come trick or treating with us. One time he wore this cheap Mickey Mouse masrk and made my brother cry. All the other parents would wait in the street but he would come to the door and get candy too. Who wouldn’t want to give candy to a 6′ 4″ man
Did your dad seriously do that? If so, he’s my favorite human being on earth.
And peanut butter cup doughnuts?! YES. I WANT THOSE!!
I loove Tuesday Things! I now really want some of those doughnuts though….hmm I’ll have to find a fix for my chocolate pb cravings!
I have never had a mallo cup! I am heading no directly to the grocery store to fix this!
Those pictures totally are creepy/weird/cool/creepy.
Can’t. Stop. Staring. At. Weird. Fish. People.
I need to shower.
That fish couple picture is great!!
Do. Not. Succum. to the crazy ridiculous donut pan trend. Frying is where it’s at! They’re only real if they’re fried. Oh and hubs totally loves what your dad did on Hallowen lol horrible and funny.
So glad that you and Ashley had donuts. And 5 hours of BSing. I could use both…big time!
I was a master candy trader/bargainer. I used to try to convince people to trade me x for y. Not because I even wanted what they had, but b/c the thrill was in convincing them. I know, crazy but true.
This is why I need you. To tell me about things like peanut butter cup doughnuts. My boyfriend is going to DIE when I make these for him.
those donuts look awesome!
also, i have never seen the ghost + pumpkin head + beer drinking dad costume before, but it sounds like a pretty good idea :)
#3 = terrifying
I say put a mallow cup in a cookie. Or a cupcake. Or a brownie. You’re the genius. I’m sure you’ll figure something out. :)
Those donuts look to die for! And heck, I actually like mallow cups- sorta like smores in reese’s shape. ;-)
I often want to throw my computer out the window. My computer can’t seem to handle all the photo editing, blog designs and writing I do.
I am so, so grateful that Dan and I are getting a new desktop instead of Christmas gifts for each other this year. It can’t come soon enough!
And by that, I mean I wish it was December so I had a computer that wasn’t so. dang. slow. But I also don’t want to give up fall. Ever.
Um those fish people….whoa.
Your dad is so cool.
ahh I remember sorting my candy into master piles and doing a huge trade fest with all my brothers. Then the huge sack of candy would end up sitting under my bed all year long from them and ultimately just forgetting about it haha.
I love Halloween! It’s always been my favorite holiday except hayrides still scare the crap outta me. Those donuts look downright sinful!
The best 5hr BS session everrrr!! :) Glad you liked the donuts! The pinterest thing is hilarious…especially the last photo with the kiss + open mouth, haha. To “thing” #5 – how are you storing your photos? :) #9 – also hilarious
Peanut Butter Cup DONUTS?! Sounds like my kinda donut!! I, too, need to make these pronto!
Donuts. yet another item on my recipe to do list. especially this one! wow! regarding your dad? how cool is that! tho I don’t like the idea of scaring the munchkins, I do think it would still be fun, after all, they’re seeing him drink the beer and know he’s ok, right? what fun!! :)
Those donuts look delicious!!! I am going to have to put a donut pan on my wish list.
I really never liked dressing up on Halloween, but I do love passing out candy! My office is having a Halloween party- complete with a costume contest. I’m debating whether to participate or not…haha.
OMG, #9 is hilarious!
“This” is awesome! And weird :D
I have always been great in getting people to hand me over tons of sweets, but I never actually ate them (I have never been much into chocolate) ;) Still, I loved looking at my treasures, made me feel so succesful ;)
Yes I’m so excited you have the recipe for those doughnuts! Now where did my doughnut pan run off to?
Your dad is my new favorite person!
Oh my word, I want to meet your dad. And he better be wearing that pumpkin/beer-sipping hat when I do.
Your dad rocks.
Love the story about your dad. Love, love, love your blog. Wish you lived in Kansas City because I would totally be your friend :) And would want to come eat at your house all the time.
Loooooove Mallo cups
Oh my gosh…just before reading this post I was very sad (teary eyed) because I just heard that Steve Jobs passed away. Then, for some strange reason I visited your blog right after reading about his passing. Now I am laughing reading this post through my tears. Thanks for being you, Jessica.
i love your dad.
I LOVE Philosophy skin products and had no idea they made a tinted moisturizer. Am going to order some online right now!
Yes, love. Your dad is awesome. My parents dressed up as Sonny & Cher one year and were dead-ringers. (It had to’a been like, 1980 and they had the hair, mustache, thigh-high boots, everything!) Forever at Halloween I will have that image in my head.
And Mallo Cups – Love. Do they still come with point cards inside??? Must go buy some to see.
I think our dads might be related.
I LOVE Mallo Cups! You should make a Mallo Cup inspired cookie! :o)
Your dad story is awesome! I think I’ve seen him, haha!! And can you please send me your address, I love houses that give away full sized candy bars, I always confiscate those from the kids.
Pingback: Tuesday Things. | How Sweet It Is
Pingback: Mallo Cups
Pingback: Baked Red Velvet Cake Doughnuts | How Sweet It Is
Pingback: Mallo Cups 6
Pingback: Tuesday Things. | How Sweet It Is
Oh my gosh…I forgot I brought you these!!!!! :) :)