Here to convince you that you need yet another trendy, insanely-flavored bottle of booze. I do what I can. S’moretini shooters! Let’s make them a thing.
I know what you’re thinking. “Does marshmallow vodka really taste that different from that whipped cream vodka you already insisted that I buy? Or how about the cake batter vodka that I went out and bought immediately in order to drink a cake martini for breakfast?”
Well… not technically. Sort of? I don’t know? I don’t have super powered vodka tasting tastebuds or anything. But I bought some anyway for, you know… quality control purposes.
You seriously don’t want to see our liquor cabinet. Or maybe you do?
But don’t blame me. Blame my mom. She spied s’mores martinis in the most recent issue of Whirl and was adamant that I make them for the blog. Not joking. At all.
Don’t mind my fingerprints. I’m not classy enough to hold things the correct way.
I also like my marshmallows charred. How about you?
I roast them ’til they’re flaming. It’s great for impatient people.
The good news is that this world seriously CANNOT come up with another vodka flavor that I will have to run out and immediately purchase. They can’t. There is nothing left. I’m guessing that cheesecake vodka is next, but whatever. I don’t need that.
The best part? You can make these ahead of time and set them in the fridge, even toasting the marshmallows before if you don’t mind them room temperature instead of oooey-gooey warm. Right before serving, top each shooter with the skewered marshmallows and you’re good to go.
And for those of you that don’t like alcohol, don’t consume alcohol, or are underage… you can totally make virgin versions of these with chocolate fudge on the bottom, some chocolate milk (maybe even whipped with marshmallow fluff? um yes please.) and the toasted marshmallow skewers.
You. Me. S’mores shooters. This weekend. Let’s do it.
- 1/2 ounce marshmallow vodka, or vanilla, whipped cream or cake flavored vodka
- 1/2 ounce Godiva chocolate liqueur
- 1/4 ounce Bailey’s Irish Cream liqueur
- 3/4 ounce cream/half and half
- chocolate syrup or hot fudge
- graham cracker crumbs
- vanilla frosting for glass rimming
- mini marshmallows
- Dip the rim of you glass in a bit of frosting, then dip into graham cracker crumbs. Pour about 1/2 teaspoon chocolate fudge into the bottom of the glass. Combine vodka, Baileys, Godiva and cream in a shaker (or water bottle with lid) with ice and shake for 15 seconds. Pour into glass. Top with mini marshmallows skewered on a toothpick.
- For 8 shooters or 2 martinis, you will need: 4 ounces of marshmallow vodka, 4 ounces of Godiva chocolate liqueur, 2 ounces of Bailey’s and about 6 ounces of milk. Measurements obviously may change depending on your own preferred tastes.
- Note: if you don’t have any leftover frosting for glass rimming, I think something sticky like maple syrup or agave will work.
I’m about to take up residence in that glass.