Blood Orange Margaritas.
This probably comes as no surprise… hello, blood orange margaritas!
But I just can’t help myself.
And you shouldn’t be able to either. Because blood orange margaritas! What else could we want?
These are easily my favorite cocktail, if for the color alone. I mean, how gorgeous is this shade? STUNNING, that’s right.
Freshly squeezed blood oranges make all the difference here. But if you can’t find them or they are out of season and you somehow CAN find blood orange juice in a container or something? Give it a go. YES.
These are just the best.
- 1 1/2 ounces tequila, silver or gold, based on your preference
- 1 ounce grand mariner
- 1 1/2 ounces simple syrup
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 ounces fresh blood orange juice, about 1-2 oranges
- salt for the rim, lime/orange wedges for garnish
- Rim the ridge of your glass with a lime wedge and dip in margarita salt. I actually combined the salt with some blood orange sugar, but that's up to you. Fill the glass with ice. In a cocktail shaker, combine tequila, grand marnier, simple syrup, blood orange and lime juice with ice, and shake for about 30 seconds. Pour over ice and squeeze in lemon and orange slices.