Chipotle Lime Grilled Chicken Skewers with Avocado Ranch.
See… I have this thing with chicken.
I’ve eaten a lot of sketchy chicken in the last few years. Half-assed chicken. Low-rent chicken, if you will. Plain, boring, dry chicken. The kind of chicken that makes you hate chicken.
So you know… because of that, it’s like my life goal to constantly made delicious, tender, flavor packed chicken. Oh. Also, I live with this boy that eats more chicken than anyone or anything in the world. Chicken for days.
We all know that fried chicken or even faux fried chicken is the way to go. Even pan-sauteed with butter and garlic and wine and… um. I want that right now. You know what I’m getting at though. It can be challenging to come up with healthy chicken recipes that taste as fantastic as the chicken you love that is meant for splurges and, well… frankly: the weekends. Because on the weekends, calories don’t count.
Welp. This is it. This is my new favorite chicken recipe and will remain my new favorite chicken recipe until I make my next new favorite chicken recipe. I give it three weeks.
This is super easy too. I live on this avocado ranch. I first made it with my double bean quesadillas but now, I’ll randomly make a batch on Sunday and eat it on EVERYTHING. I seriously mean everything. Scrambled eggs, toast, salads, flank steak, potatoes, pizza… the list is endless. It’s more frightening than my spouse’s chicken issues.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce, from a can of chipotle peppers in adobo
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ripe medium avocado
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped dill
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Add the chicken to a large bowl and season it with the salt, pepper and paprika. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, adobo sauce, lime zest and juice and garlic. Pour it over the chicken and toss to coat. Let sit for 30 minutes. At this time, if you are using bamboo skewers, make sure to soak them in water for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to the highest setting. Take the skewers and add as many pieces of chicken to them as you want (I went with 3 or 4), not smashing them together but allowing them to touch. Place the skewers on the grill and grill on all sides until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side and 10 to 12 minutes total. Remove from the grill and serve with a drizzle of the avocado ranch.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until creamy, scraping down the sides occasionally when needed. Taste and season additionally if desired. Store avocado ranch in a seal-tight container for 1-2 days!
This is super delicious on that BLT salad too. Tried it. Loved it.