Roasted Buffalo Cauliflower Lettuce Cups.
Solving all cravings with buffalo cauliflower lettuce wraps. Oh yes I am!
We looooove buffalo wing inspired recipes here. You probably know this!
I don’t know what is just SO GOOD about them? The little bit of heat? The tang?
But when it comes to buffalo cauliflower, I really only have one recipe, and that’s my buffalo cauliflower flatbread! It’s from The Pretty Dish and it is so delicious – definitely craving worthy over here.
Because here’s my issue. As much as I love buffalo wing inspired recipes… most times I want to order a buffalo chicken pizza minus the chicken. Yep.
That’s a thing.
I just want all the flavor (and let’s be real, the cheese), without the chicken.
So that’s how the buffalo cauliflower flatbread came to be. Plus, when we add cauliflower to buffalo wing dishes, it means that there is a vegetable and you know what that means….
So much green! Hello, this fits every new year’s resolution. I swear.
These buffalo cauliflower lettuce wraps are similar to the flatbread, without the bread!
One of my favorite ingredients to incorporate here is avocado. It adds satiety to the meal as well as that creaminess that competes with the bite of the wing sauce.
And of course, all of my other favorite components of buffalo wing inspired dishes, like scallions and chives and cilantro and blue cheese!
These make for one heck of a delicious bite. They are my MUST haves for all the buffalo wing flavor.
Another thing I love about this dish is that I can use the lettuce cups to serve both buffalo chicken AND the buffalo cauliflower.
That works perfectly in this house since Eddie would never consider the cauliflower an actual meal (hello where is the chicken) and I would prefer the wraps with only cauliflower.
This is the exact taste explosion that I looooove.
Roasted Buffalo Cauliflower Lettuce Cups
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup buffalo wing sauce, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 head of butter lettuce, leaves removed
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce, leaves removed
- 1 to 2 avocados, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- ½ cup sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- ranch or blue cheese dressing, for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper and put the florets on top. Drizzle with the olive oil, sprinkle with the garlic powder, salt and pepper and toss. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the florets are golden and the edges crispy.
- Remove the florets and drizzle them with the wing sauce. Toss well to combine.
- Take the lettuce leaves and place a piece of butter lettuce on top of a piece of iceberg lettuce. I love doing this because it makes the cup more substantial, but it’s not a necessity!
- Fill the lettuce cup with a scoop of the buffalo cauliflower. Add in a few slices of avocado. Sprinkle with the gorgonzola, green onions, cilantro and chives. If desired, drizzle with a little bit of ranch or blue cheese dressing. Devour!
I mean. Look at that flavor.