Side Dish Sundays: Grilled Gorgonzola Potatoes.
I’m verrrry excited to bring you into the world of grilled gorgonzola potatoes.
Seriously. These is so ridiculously flavorful that they will become a summer staple ASAP.
They have also been one of the most requested recipes I’ve had in long time, probably because I’ve unabashedly shown them on instagram stories nearly every weekend for months!
Once you make them, you won’t want to stop. And once you make them, they become quick and easy to make.
Even last weekend, we ended up making last minute lunch for a crowd and I knew that I had a few pounds of the baby Yukon gold potatoes. I lit the grill, Eddie cut the potatoes and we had them finished by the time everything else was ready.
And everyone went NUTS.
This isn’t a new dish for us – I’m pretty sure that over the decade or so, my uncle has made something similar on the grill. They are always a huge hit and people fight for the last bite.
Just WHY are they the best?
First, they are easy. It’s technically a five ingredient dish! You really only need potatoes, salt, pepper, olive oil and gorgonzola. I like to add a little garlic powder, as well as a bunch of chives at the end for more flavor.
Second, the texture. Super crisp, crunchy potatoes that get melty when you bite in. Topped with creamy gorgonzola. Eeeep.
And finally, the flavor. Obviously! Charred, smoky potatoes. Savory cheese. Fresh herbs.
Baby gold potatoes work great, but you can use other potatoes too. I personally make this a lot with potatoes I get here at a local farm – they are more of a white potato with a very thin skin. Chopped sweet potatoes would also be fantastic!
These are some of the dinner combos that I love to make with grilled gorgonzola potatoes:
Yogurt marinated grilled chicken + grilled broccoli salad
Garlic butter salmon + parmesan pistachio kale salad
Skirt steak with avocado pesto and grilled corn relish
Open faced steak sandwich with avocado horseradish
Pulled pork sandwiches with cherry chipotle BBQ sauce
Grilled Gorgonzola Potatoes
- 2 pounds baby Yukon gold potatoes, halved
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 to ½ cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs (dill, parsley, basil, oregano, whatever you love!)
- 1 handful arugula micro greens
- gas grill
- Preheat your grill to the highest heat. Let it heat for at least 15 minutes – it should read over 500 degrees F.
- While the grill is heating, layer two sheets of foil. Fold up the edges (you can see this is in my photos above!) to create a barrier of sorts. Place the potatoes in the foil pack and drizzle on the olive oil. Sprinkle on the salt, pepper and garlic powder. Toss well, coating every potato. I place the foil pack on a baking sheet so it’s easy to transport out to the grill.
- Place the foil pack on the grill (do not cover the top with foiand close the grill. As a personal preference, I like most of the potatoes to start cut-side down so they get crisp on that flat edge. Grill for 15 to 20 minutes, tossing every five minutes or so, until the potatoes are fork tender and getting a bit crisp. Once the potatoes are tender, sprinkle on the gorgonzola and cover the grill for 1 minute. Remove the foil pack (I transfer it back to a baking sheeand sprinkle on all the fresh herbs.
- Serve immediately!
Did you make this recipe?
Be sure to follow @howsweeteats on instagram and tag #howsweeteats. You can also post a photo of your recipe to our facebook page.
I appreciate you so much!
I could eat this as a meal alone.
24 Comments on “Side Dish Sundays: Grilled Gorgonzola Potatoes.”
Pingback: Side Dish Sundays: Grilled Gorgonzola Potatoes. – recipequicks
Lol you peaked my interest with yogurt marinated grilled cheese! alas it was chicken. which makes way more sense. but for a minute i was mindblown…
oops! LOL fixed it!
Can these be done in the oven
i would probably do 425 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes. sprinkle on gorgonzola at the end for 1 to 2 mins!
This is amazing. Recs for oven instructions? Guessing 400 degrees for 20+ min
Also just watched the first two episodes of I’m Sorry. Obsessed already.
yes! i would probably do 425 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes. sprinkle on gorgonzola at the end for 1 to 2 mins!
These look so good! Love grilled potatoes.
thank you!! xo
Absolutely perfect! We made these tonight with steak and grilled asparagus and they’re a keeper for sure! Thank you!
thank you sherilyn!
Made these yesterday for the 4th…. so easy, and so good!
so glad you liked them!
Amazing!! Took longer but well worth the wait.
Thinking of parboiling next time to shorten grill time. Will definitely be making again and again and again
thank you sue!
Pingback: Currently Crushing On. - How Sweet Eats
Pingback: anyone love this post as much as me - Cuisine & Health %cuisine & health %cuisine %health %weight loss
Pingback: Summer Recipes I Can't Wait To Try! | With Two Spoons
Oh my goodness. Made these on the traeger and they were so good! The hubs and I ate the entire pan!
This was amazing!! The technique is perfect and I can’t wait to put different spins on it. Even just plain dipped in ketchup would be good. I want to try a salt and vinegar version as well. Thanks for the recipe!! It is a keeper.
Pingback: Gorgonzola Grilled Potatoes | finding time for cooking
Pingback: A Week In The Life, Vol 19. – specialslice.site
Pingback: A Week In The Life, Vol 19. – yumism.site
We made this tonight, and it was undoubtedly the BEST potatoes we’d EVER had. Thank you for the recipe! We served it with grilled pork chops and asparagus. The meal was HEAVENLY! Thank you for sharing the recipe!