Bubbly Jam Margaritas.
We very much need jam margaritas right now.
I’m temporarily bringing back cocktail Thursdays so you can make the ultimate pantry drink this weekend: bubbly jam margaritas!
Oh yes. You can use any flavor of jam that you love – throw it in a shaker with some tequila and lime juice and here we are.
In a very good place.
A very good, salted rim, frothy icy beverage type of place.
I’m also gearing up for cinco de mayo at home. I want to make tacos, maybe nachos and definitely a margarita next Tuesday. If you’re in the market for a fantastic margarita at home, aside from my favorite classic, here are my top five:
Don’t they all sound incredible? They are. I promise.
Aside from that, I’ve only been having a cocktail on Friday night! Okay, maaaaybe Saturday. But I’ve made it a little tradition right now to have one on Friday evenings and it’s really nice. This is by far my newest favorite!
The best part about this? You don’t have to make a simple syrup. Simple syrup is ridiculously easy to make, and you can easily make a batch in advance and store it in the fridge, but it’s also just another step, you know?
However, instead of syrup, we’re doing the jam!
This isn’t the first time I’ve made a jam cocktail. Sixish years ago I made a cider jam bourbon cocktail and it inspired a ton of ideas using the jam. It’s the easiest way to make any fruity drink in an effortless manner.
The varieties I’ve tried so far for margaritas: strawberry, blackberry with jalapeños, apricot, peach and fig. It helps that I have a serious obsession with american spoon and buy at least 12 jams every summer when we are in Michigan. I should be making pitchers of margaritas with all of the jam I have!
Once you shake everything up with ice, pour it into your salted rim glass, you add a liitttttle top off. I suggest going with a lime seltzer, but I won’t lie: I’ve tried prosecco too! It was delish. Because this entire cup is just wonderful.
Try try try!
Bubbly Jam Margaritas
Bubbly Jam Margaritas
- coarse salt or tajin for the rim
- 2 ounces lime juice
- 2 ounces your favorite jam
- 1 1/2 ounces tequila
- 1 ounce orange liqueur, optional (like Grand Mariner or Triple Sec)
- 1 ounce lime seltzer
- lime wedges for garnish
- optional add: sliced jalapeno peppers
- Rim a glass with a lime wedge and dip it in the salt. Fill the glass with ice.
- Fill a shaker cup with ice. Add the lime juice, tequila, jam and orange liqueur (if you’re using it!). Shake for 30 seconds, until the drink is frothy. Pour it in the glass over ice. Top with the lime seltzer and garnish with lime wedges!
- Jam ideas: strawberry, blackberry, apricot, orange, peach, fig, etc!
Annnnd the rest of quarantine will look like this.