Slow Roasted Chili Crisp Sweet Potatoes.
These chili crisp sweet potatoes are a delightful side dish! Slow roasted sweet potatoes are topped with crunchy chili crisp, crumbled feta cheese, fresh herbs and green onions. They are sweet, savory and spicy with delicious texture!
Crunchy and creamy sweet potatoes are on the menu today!
These sweet potatoes can be a side dish to accompany just about anything – but if it’s up to me, I’d make these my main dish! They are that good.
They’re even delicious cold if you have leftovers.
Slow roasted sweet potatoes are a little high maintenance because they do take time. Luckily, it’s all hands-off time, so you can do something fun like clean out your closet or take a nap. You know, important things!
You can also slow roast the sweet potatoes ahead of time and stick them in the fridge.
Slow roasting the sweet potatoes is definitely worth it. The sweet potato flesh is so incredibly creamy and sweet. It almost melts in your mouth. Slow roasting and serving them alone is practically just as good. It’s one way I absolutely love the sweets.
These remind me a lot of my chili smashed sweet potatoes from Everyday Dinners. Those are SO good. They have the same vibe going on – sweet and tender potatoes, spicy drizzle, cool and tangy cheese plus herbs and scallions.
I think it’s safe to say that it’s my favorite combination.
The chili crisp is definitely my current obsession right now. I used it with my baked feta over the holiday season and to say I put it on everything… is not an exaggeration. And that is huge, because I am not a hot sauce person. I’ve never understood people who douse everything in hot sauce – doesn’t it take away from the flavor?!
Yet here I am throwing chili crisp on everything. Everything!
I love this classic brand – I get mine on amazon. I’ve tried many versions and this is by far my favorite one. It is SO crunchy and also not super spicy. I’d almost go as far to say that it’s milder than expected.
This dish ends up being so simple, however the few ingredients on top make the flavor pop. The chili crisp is a little spicy and crunchy, the feta is creamy and cooling and the herbs are bright and fresh. The spritz of lime makes it absolutely perfect. It has everything!
If you love chili crisp like I do, you have got to try these. Definitely a new favorite in our house!
Chili Crisp Sweet Potatoes
Slow Roasted Chili Crisp Sweet Potatoes
- 2 sweet potatoes, cut in half lengthwise
- kosher salt and pepper
- olive oil, for brushing
- ½ cup chili crisp, or more or less, if you wish
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- lime wedges, for spritzing
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Slice the potatoes in half lengthwise. Brush them all over with olive oil and season all over with salt and pepper.
- Place the potatoes cut-side down on a baking sheet. Roast for 1 to 1.5 hours, until tender when pierced with a fork. This time will depend on how thick your sweet potatoes are when sliced.
- Remove the potatoes and top with your favorite chili crisp. I like to drizzle on even more of the oil in the jar. Sprinkle crumbled feta all over and then top with green onions and cilantro. Spritz with fresh lime juice. Serve!
Look at that creamy potato!