Whole Roasted Buffalo Cauliflower.
Whole roasted buffalo cauliflower is roasted and charred until golden and crisp, then drizzled in buffalo wing sauce, topped with blue cheese, fresh herbs, chives, cilantro and more. Serve it for the most delicious side dish!
How can you say no to a cauliflower dressed so fancy?
When it looks this fabulous on your dinner table, it gets devoured. I promise.
I’m always searching for delicious game day snacks that I can make for a crowd, so say hello to this whole roasted cauliflower. Drenched in buffalo wing sauce, covered in fresh herbs and scallions, sprinkled with crumbly blue cheese, it is a buffalo lover’s dream.
Crunchy, charred cauliflower that tastes extra roasty and fabulous. I can’t get enough!
But this buffalo wing version may be my absolute favorite. It has all the flavors that I love so much, it’s crunchy, spicy, creamy and refreshing from the herbs. Plus, it can serve a bunch of people!
Okay and it’s nooooo secret that I love buffalo cauliflower anything. I’ve done a crispy buffalo cauliflower. Buffalo cauliflower lettuce cups which may be my all-time favorite. Roasted buffalo cauliflower flatbread, originally in The Pretty Dish. Even buffalo cauliflower soup!
I cannot be out-buffaloed when it comes to cauliflower. I adore it.
There is no stopping me and now that it’s officially football season, I feel very validated in my buffalo wing love.
Anyway! Let’s make this cauliflower.
I use a big cast iron skillet since it gets and stays HOT. And I like lots of seasonings; think salt, pepper, smoked paprika and garlic powder.
I cover the entire thing in foil and then roast it like that for a bit. Then I remove the foil and finish it off. Roasting a whole cauliflower does take awhile – around an hour or so. But it’s all hands off time. Throw it in the oven and go fold some laundry! Or binge netflix. Whatever.
Next up, the toppings. When the cauliflower is finished, I drizzle buffalo wing sauce all over it. My favorite is the frank’s buffalo wing version – but you can use whatever you love.
Then I like to sprinkle on crumbled blue cheese. I try to add this on while it’s still warm so it gets soft and melty. The BEST!
Finally, herbs and scallions. Give it a shower of fresh chives, cilantro, green onions and even more herbs if you wish.
Then slice and serve!
Oh this is SO flavorful, so roasted and tender but with a crispy topping.
It’s fun to serve, everyone loves it. You can serve it right on a plate for people to enjoy – or use it as a taco or wrap filling, throw it on a salad and more. Options are endless with something this delish.
Whole Roasted Buffalo Cauliflower
Whole Roasted Buffalo Cauliflower
- 1 large cauliflower, stem and leaves removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- buffalo wing sauce, for drizzling
- ⅓ cup crumbled blue cheese
- ⅓ cup fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Remove the stem and outer leaves from the cauliflower gently, keeping the entire thing intact. Stir together the garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt and pepper.
- Place the cauliflower in a large oven-safe (I like cast iron) skillet and drizzle on the olive oil. Rub it all over so each bit it coated. Sprinkle on the spices so they are evenly dispersed. Cover the cauliflower and top of the pan with aluminum foil. Roast for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove the foil and roast for 1 more hour, or until tender.
- Remove the cauliflower from the oven and drizzle all over with the buffalo sauce. Sprinkle on the cheese, then cilantro, chives and green onions.
- Slice and serve!
I love this!