So.

I currently have FOUR squashes sitting on my counter. Squashes? Squashs? Squashes’? I have no idea how to say it but I have waaaay too much squash. Especially for someone who doesn’t really *love love* squash. But just likes it.

I will probably bombard you with ten thousand squash recipes (um, I’m definitely not that person that “adds a slice of squash to my salad!” and is happy) this coming week (yes, just this week!), but in the meantime? I totally forgot about these Fall recipes that I made last year. I love posting tons of new recipes, but in reality it means a lot of the great stuff falls by the wayside.

So, while I’m up to my ears in squash, enjoy my favorites. And by “favorites,” I mean that I made them last year and loved them but haven’t even considered them since. I need a new brain.

1. Autumn Mac and Cheese

2. Vanilla Bourbon Baked Squash

3. Easy Whipped Sweet Potatoes

4. Chocolate Fudge Pomegranate Cookies

5. Pumpkin Pie Quinoa Parfaits

6. Quick Cinnamon Maple Applesauce

7. Warm Autumn Salad

8. Moroccan Vegetable Stew

9. Healthier Pumpkin Cupcakes

10. Butternut Squash Salsa

11. Caramelized Autumn Fruit Stuffing Cups

12. Roasted Cinnamon Pear Bruschetta

Oh, oh, oh! Does anyone want to talk about that Friday when… when I spent a good hour in the morning prepping the most perfect batch of mac and cheese for Mr. How Sweet, complete with buttery breadcrumbs and a splattering of freshly grated parmesan that would crisp up just perfectly in the oven when baked… only to come home in the evening and notice that he had already eaten half of the baking dish, unbaked, and… and… microwaved?!

Good. Neither do I.

48 Responses to “12 Favorite Fall Recipes… From Last Year.”

Three-Cookies — October 29, 2011 @ 9:02 am

What happened to the other half? Or maybe I should not ask:)

Savannah @ Sweet and Savvy — October 29, 2011 @ 9:02 am

Ahh. These are perfect on chilly day like today. Whipped sweet potatoes sound delicious!

Amy W — October 29, 2011 @ 9:04 am

I want to make… all of these!

One time my mom and I made ravioli. Like, rolled out the dough, made the (raw meat) filling, everything from scratch. The recipe we had made like 1,000,000 raviolis so we froze some (uncooked) and boiled the rest for dinner. Later that week my dad thawed some of the (unboiled) ravioli, threw it in the microwave and ate it. We come home later, my mom goes, “Honey… they were supposed to be boiled, there’s raw meat in there!” He goes, “Oh… I thought it tasted a little funny.” and started laughing.

Maria — October 29, 2011 @ 9:05 am

Love them all!

Jennifer@Peanut Butter and Peppers — October 29, 2011 @ 9:10 am

I LOVE all the recipes! I want to have them all today!! I am definitely going to make something! I love the salsa and the chocolate pomegranate cookies. I think I am going to make those for a work Halloween Party, and freeze some of the batter, for later use! I’m so excited! Thanks for the great post! Sometimes we tend to forget what we have cooked, and tend to only look for new recipes.

amanda @ fake ginger — October 29, 2011 @ 9:11 am

I was just contemplating making your warm autumn salad last night! I don’t think my kids would eat it though – that just means more for me, right?

Char — October 29, 2011 @ 9:12 am

Haha sounds like something my husband would do, so I stopped making him edible things. Just kidding, it wasn’t on purpose. I’m still evolving.

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga — October 29, 2011 @ 9:18 am

Omg on the mac n cheese situation.

Scott actually knows DO NOT TOUCH anything in the fridge, freezer, or countertop unless he asks first…b/c he has eaten one too many things that haven’t had their proper photo shoots only to see me turn pretty darn cranky on him if I make something and it’s devoured before pics were taken…so now, he knows. Hope Mr Sweet enjoyed his nuked mac n cheese. Wonders never cease, do they!

Terry Kish — October 29, 2011 @ 9:31 am

I have a butternut squash and an acorn squash sitting in my kitchen; can’t wait to use them in your old receipes!!!

Nicole — October 29, 2011 @ 9:32 am

Here’s a good squash tip: just use it instead of pumpkin! I can’t get tinned pumpkin here in Scotland (it one of the things that I really really miss!) and fresh pumpkin here is always too watery when cooked. So I make butternut squash pie instead of pumpkin. No one can tell the difference. It’s the spices that make it!!

Luv What You Do — October 29, 2011 @ 9:35 am

I can’t believe he microwaved your beautiful dinner. MEN!? Sometimes (ok, most of the time) they just don’t get it :)

I make butternut squash bread with my extra purees. It is AMAZING!

Debbie B. (DebaRooRoo) — October 29, 2011 @ 9:37 am

It all looks fabulous! I really want to try the warm salad …. so comforting!!

Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit — October 29, 2011 @ 9:42 am

omg those pomegranate cookies sound good… heading there right this very moment!

Julie @ Sugarfoot Eats — October 29, 2011 @ 10:14 am

I made your chocolate fudge pomegranate cookies last year for a boy. ;) They were a big hit!!

Whitney — October 29, 2011 @ 10:20 am

Hershey Medical Center Ladies are obsessed with your site! Keep the fab recipes coming!

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat — October 29, 2011 @ 10:25 am

Lol yes, let’s not talk about that mac and cheese. These recipes sound to die for, especially right now when I’m shivering and wanting a nice warm stew!

Krystina (Organically Me) — October 29, 2011 @ 11:05 am

I think my taste for squash kind of…disappeared. No matter how many times I try butternut squash this year, it always makes me gag. I’ll take one of those chocolate pom cookies, though.

Lauren — October 29, 2011 @ 11:18 am

So glad you posted these. I’m forwarding the warm autumn salad to a girl I work with who is attempting to eat more veggies. She actually believed that a piece of asparagus was a deformed green bean. (True story). She needs more help than you do in the veggie department! Ha!

Jessica @ Stylish Stealthy and Healthy — October 29, 2011 @ 11:37 am

I just asked that question the other day :)
    Squashes? Squashi? Who knows. All that matters is they are delicious. And that mac’n’cheese is getting made today.

Megan — October 29, 2011 @ 12:02 pm

I have all the ingredients for the quinoa parfaits…

… I’m so excited!!!

Maggie @ A Bitchin' Kitchen — October 29, 2011 @ 12:12 pm

Everything up there looks amazing, but I’m most excited for the warm autumn salad! Bookmarking it to make next week!

Ashley @ Wishes and Dishes — October 29, 2011 @ 1:06 pm

I would cry over that mac and cheese situation. I’m very protective of my mac and cheese :)
    Love the warm autumn salad…will have to try that for sure.

katie @KatieDid — October 29, 2011 @ 1:15 pm

ohhh almost pomegranate season yayy! The cookies sound so goood!!

kathleen @ the daily crumb — October 29, 2011 @ 1:19 pm

thanks for the recipe round up! thinking of trying out the pear bruschetta as an appetizer tonight. we have friends coming over for a pre-dinner bottle of wine… think this would be a perfect addition.

Katrina — October 29, 2011 @ 2:47 pm

Mmm love the look of these recipes. Thanks for the round up!

Imwaytoobusy — October 29, 2011 @ 3:07 pm

That mac and cheese is calling my name. The cookies don’t look so bad, either ;) Fabulous fall round up. I think I need to start indulging in the season and whip up a few fall treats!

Emily Lynne {The Best of this Life} — October 29, 2011 @ 3:15 pm

Chocolate Fudge Pomegranate Cookies…what?!
    Oh my goodness, all of these looks so delicious with gorgeous pictures!
    Yum!

Joy — October 29, 2011 @ 3:28 pm

YES! They’re all superb.

Katie — October 29, 2011 @ 3:59 pm

That warm autumn salad! I remember I wanted to make that last year and FORGOT. Shame on me. It will be made soon. I’m pinning it so I won’t forget this time.

Oh and Mr. How Sweet slays me…I relay these stories to Meeker and he never thinks they’re as funny as I do.

Ellen — October 29, 2011 @ 4:15 pm

I wasn’t sure about the plural of squash either; I thought it was either squash or squashes. It appears that it is squashes…

Shana — October 29, 2011 @ 5:46 pm

OMG – no he didn’t. It hurts just thinking about it!

Stephanie @ Blonde Highlights — October 29, 2011 @ 7:10 pm

My mouth is now watering! Those fall recipes look delicious! YUM!

Whitney — October 29, 2011 @ 8:43 pm

I think the plural form is squash. I went to the Farmer’s market today and found myself with the same squash problem as you… but I do LOVE squash. Looking forward to finding out what you do with yours.

Priscilla Francine Makeup — October 30, 2011 @ 2:59 am

Oh my…pomegranates with chocolate! I must try this for Thanksgiving…actually alot of these I must try!!

Maria — October 30, 2011 @ 4:02 am

…boys xD they do stuff like that.
    I gotta make that fall mac-and-cheez though~!

Amy — October 30, 2011 @ 5:04 am

The chocolate fudge pomegranate cookies sound amazing!

Michaela — October 30, 2011 @ 7:27 am

those recipes look divine!
    and oh my god, that could have easily been my brother… what a shame.

abigail — October 30, 2011 @ 7:43 am

let me tell you what to do with squash. wash it and slice it about an 1/2 inch thick. bread with cornmeal, salt and pepper and fry it until golden brown. then salt and pepper it. oh my goodness. you will be so surprised how good it is.

Lisa — October 30, 2011 @ 8:56 am

whipped sweet potatoes sound so good :)
    im def making those. I never actually made mashed sweet potatoes before! shame on me….. I know :(

Tracy — October 30, 2011 @ 1:09 pm

Dude, how did I miss those chocolate pomegranate cookies last year? Those are right up my ally and going on my list!

Candice — October 30, 2011 @ 2:07 pm

I can haz all of these eatz? These all look soo delicious. Fall is actually my favorite season because of all the amazing “fall recipes” that people cook. Thanks for these :)

Rachel — October 30, 2011 @ 6:52 pm

so so glad you did this!!! I too have a bit more farmshare squash around than I really need (or… want) AND that autumn mac and cheese looks AMAZING!

Ann — October 30, 2011 @ 11:03 pm

Wow – everything looks delicious! and I can understand how that subject is taboo… I look forward to seeing what amazing dishes you come up with this fall!

Bianca @ south bay rants n raves — October 31, 2011 @ 1:10 pm

Thanks for narrowing down your recipes. I know it’s tough. I’d like to eat them all! Not a huge fan of squash but these recipes may change that :)

Melanie — November 1, 2011 @ 8:20 pm

CFTU!! sorry, excuse my language! but my BF does the same thing!!! I’ll also have sides or toppings, garnishes, ect. and he will have two plates of the main dishes and not even touched them after I take my precious time preparing them. Then he has the nerve to say his food always tastes better when I make his plate. Well duh!!!(eyes rollin)!!!!! I make it correctly. And Mr. How Sweet probably loved that mac n chz!

Allie Murdock — November 12, 2011 @ 2:48 pm

My husband just caught me looking at your blog again…drooling. “Why do you do you do this to yourself?” he asked. :)

1. Pingback: Crispy Acorn Squash Rounds | How Sweet It Is