Blueberry Zucchini Muffins with Lemon Glaze.
These blueberry zucchini muffins are tender and delicious, with a hint of cinnamon and lots of vanilla. Drizzled with a lemon glaze, they make for the perfect afternoon or bedtime snack. We love them!
Best way to eat a blueberry muffin right now? Add some veggies!
So. We can look at these as blueberry muffins with zucchini or zucchini muffins with blueberries. Both work because they have a touch of cinnamon in the recipe and they are drizzled with a light lemon glaze. Absolutely delicious. Who cares what we call them!
Also, muffins are an excellent excuse to eat cake for breakfast.
We love muffins in our house. My kids are muffin obsessed at the moment – I think because it’s something easy they can make with me. It doesn’t matter what flavor – though their absolute favorite muffin is my pumpkin muffin. But they really don’t discriminate. I think they enjoy baking the muffins just as much (or more!) as they do eating them.
Max is at the age where he can gather ingredients to bake the muffins and read the recipe and measure it all out. It is so cute and I love it. I can’t believe we are at that stage!
Regardless of who actually makes the muffins though, they are something we love to have on hand throughout the week. They will be part of a snack in the afternoon or before bed. I also love to have muffins throughout the school year and will put them in Max’s lunch too. And introducing Jordan to muffins has been extremely fun.
Anyway, these zucchini muffins!
I love adding zucchini to breads and muffins because the end result is so tender and moist. There is no other way to describe them, I’m sorry.
It’s also a fabulous way to use up the tons of zucchini that may be lurking in your garden at the moment. If you need to use some up, this is the way to go.
These muffins are pretty classic and traditional. Spiced with cinnamon, oil to keep them soft and blueberries that burst in the oven until juicy and flavorful. They are a lovely little treat.
The lemon glaze just may be my favorite thing ever. It’s simple and light, but a quick drizzle adds so much to the muffins. The flavor complements the blueberry portion and it makes these feel extra special and fancy. Obviously it is not a requirement, but who doesn’t want to feel extra special and fancy?!
I’ve done zucchini muffins before – these little zucchini banana chocolate chip muffins are also a nice treat.
And if you’re in the market for even more zucchini things – add my accidentally vegan coconut zucchini bread to the list, along with my chocolate zucchini cupcakes, classic zucchini bread, chewy zucchini oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and chocolate zucchini cake with cream cheese icing. OMG.
What a special little summer breakfast or snack we have here!
Blueberry Zucchini Muffins
Blueberry Zucchini Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with liners.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In a larger bowl, whisk together the egg, oil, milk, lemon juice and vanilla extract. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined. Stir in the zucchini and blueberries until just mixed.
- Fill the muffin liners ¾ of the way full. Bake for 20 to 22 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool, then drizzle them with the lemon glaze.
- Whisk together the ingredients until smooth and drizzle-able. If it’s too thick, add a bit more lemon juice 1 teaspoon at a time. If it becomes too thin, whisk in a bit more powdered sugar ¼ cup at a time. Drizzle over the muffins!
All the coffee too.